• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Superhero Bonanza Penultimate Edition: War for the Earth - Endgame Town Victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nightwing101

Mido has a slight problem in that there's no evidence to support the only defense she has at this point, and actually some evidence against it (which I can't directly discuss; go back and read who submitted each name in the flip and you'll see that evidence in addition to what was provided in this thread).

In addition, Mido right now is the only person whose role claim doesn't make any sense at this point. There were only two scum; a spy (Jinjo) and a JOAT with investigative abilities (Pirate Sylveon) are more than enough investigative power. A dedicated town cop is seriously overpowering town. Why would we need a dedicated cop when we only have to lynch two people? Even with the independent, that doesn't make any sense.

Mido also screwed up in clearing you of suspicion; you were the only suspect of the two of us who didn't have easily-found evidence for their town alignment, so it came down to a question of if Mido was lying about being a cop or if I somehow knew certain information before it was possible for me to know it while still being scum. Since Mido cleared you and Melo, and I had easily-found evidence to clear me and destroy the only possible argument for how I knew that information while being scum, it really came down to only one option.

I am not going to ask you to believe me. Read over what was said this phase, verify the quotes for yourself, and read the nameflips on your own. Make up your own mind.

But, hey, Mido played one hell of a game. Even had me convinced up until this phase. If she hadn't cleared you, I honestly would have suspected you of it, and we can see above that Melo was the same way.

how to prove that Eresh is fake nameclaiming
It's easy. Next time I see someone discussing their own character, I'll mod kill them. Please don't discuss your character, including name claiming or their role in the flavour text.

You can discuss your role, how your role works, the results (if any) you get from your role, and you can speculate on other people's characters, but they can't reply to your speculation. And no, you can't soft or drop hints to your character either.

You also cannot discuss the character you submitted.

Thank you, and I'm sorry if this sounds harsh.

@Nightwing101

Mido has a slight problem in that there's no evidence to support the only defense she has at this point, and actually some evidence against it (which I can't directly discuss; go back and read who submitted each name in the flip and you'll see that evidence in addition to what was provided in this thread).

In addition, Mido right now is the only person whose role claim doesn't make any sense at this point. There were only two scum; a spy (Jinjo) and a JOAT with investigative abilities (Pirate Sylveon) are more than enough investigative power. A dedicated town cop is seriously overpowering town. Why would we need a dedicated cop when we only have to lynch two people? Even with the independent, that doesn't make any sense.

Mido also screwed up in clearing you of suspicion; you were the only suspect of the two of us who didn't have easily-found evidence for their town alignment, so it came down to a question of if Mido was lying about being a cop or if I somehow knew certain information before it was possible for me to know it while still being scum. Since Mido cleared you and Melo, and I had easily-found evidence to clear me and destroy the only possible argument for how I knew that information while being scum, it really came down to only one option.

I am not going to ask you to believe me. Read over what was said this phase, verify the quotes for yourself, and read the nameflips on your own. Make up your own mind.

But, hey, Mido played one hell of a game. Even had me convinced up until this phase. If she hadn't cleared you, I honestly would have suspected you of it, and we can see above that Melo was the same way.
I’ve already explained about the power of investigative roles and whatnot. Currently the thing that saved you from losing and town winning is something that technically isn’t easily found because it’s not supposed to exist originally. And I can’t battle soemthong like that because there is no legal logic, or way to prove that you’re faking it Becaise even faking it wasn’t supposed to originally exist either.

It's easy. Next time I see someone discussing their own character, I'll mod kill them. Please don't discuss your character, including name claiming or their role in the flavour text.

You can discuss your role, how your role works, the results (if any) you get from your role, and you can speculate on other people's characters, but they can't reply to your speculation. And no, you can't soft or drop hints to your character either.

You also cannot discuss the character you submitted.

Thank you, and I'm sorry if this sounds harsh.
At the urging of my MoD, Vote-omenon (aka @Elieson), the rules have been updated to clarify this. I apologise if they weren't clear enough before.

Endgame

Final Votals:
Midorikawa 2: Medlo, Ereshkigal
Not voting: Midorikawa, Nightwing101

As Captain America stood there, staring at the now unmasked mutated man, he thought back, remembering the stories… It happened nearly two years ago…

Flash Back said:
These four Fantastic heroes had beaten ME's test and proven themselves worthy champions who would carry on the torch of heroism for many years to come.

Satisfied with the job he had performed, Maniacal Engineer made preparations to depart the hero's universe. As he was carrying some of his boxes back to his dimensional transporter, however, he accidentally tripped over the Eevee, who had been playing by his feet.

Maniacal Engineer took a tumble over a railing and fell into a vat of toxic chemicals.

Speedily, Fili-Second hit the controls to drain the vat, but, alas, the damage had been done.

ME has transformed into a creature so hideous that words could barely describe him.

The self-described wacky man then proceeded to Creep around the city, laughing insanely the whole while.

The heroes looked at each other sadly; they knew what must be done.
Together, they managed to capture the warped engineer, and hauled him into a nice padded cell in the Arkham Asylum, where he just sat and giggled.
Flash Back

The now insane former-Engineer chortled his head off. “Why, surprised to see me, are you?” He giggled, insanely.

“Why… why are you doing this?” Steve Rogers asked.

“Why, you ask?” The insane engineer replied. “There is no why. There is only… the war. Syndrome!”

“Yes, Master.” Syndrome said as he jumped up onto the building. Captain America’s shield fell to the ground, and Steve Rogers picked up the weapon, slamming it into villain. Syndome stumbled then jumped up. The rocket boots he was wearing fired and he sailed over Steve Roger’s head, landing behind him. Steve was prepared through, and turned, throwing his shield just as the super villain landed.

Syndrome landed on his back. “Hey! That wasn’t fair!” He protested then looked down at his hands. “Hey, what’s going on?”
Yellow particles had started to come from his body.

“Oh, don’t mind that.” Maniacal Engineer snorted. “It’s a side effect of the gas.”

With that, Syndrome’s body disintegrated into yellow particles, and he was gone.

Dear Midorikawa, you are

Syndrome from The Incredibles

You are the rolecop. At night, you may investigate another player to see their role. You are also 1x bulletproof.

You are aligned with the Villain Alliance, and win when all threats to your faction are
eliminated.

Your character was submitted by Kyriaki

Midorikawa has lost the game. She was Syndrome, the rolecop associated with the Villain Alliance.

Dear Ereshkigal, you are
latest

Super Goof from Disney

You are the Flying Pumpkin. You can use a power at night. You can choose to fire, which has a 75% chance to hit your target.

Or you can take aim… and the following night, fire… which will give you a 100% chance to hit if the target is mafia… and a 25% chance if the target is town.

You are aligned with the Superhero Alliance, and win when all threats to your faction are eliminated.

Your character was submitted by Lone Garurumon

Dear Nightwing101, you are
latest

Captain Underpants from Captain Underpants

Because you have a super power called “wedgie power”, you are the Roleblocker. At night, you can select a target and they will be unable to act for that night.

You are aligned with the Superhero Alliance, and win when all threats to your faction are eliminated.

Your character was submitted by Megapod

Dear Lone_Garurumon, you are
Venom-2018-Release-Date.jpg

Venom from Marvel Comics

Due to Venom not really being a hero or villain (according Cheff), You are the survivor. You win if you are still alive at the end of the game.

Your character was submitted by Seth Rollins

Ereshkigal, Nightwing101, and Melodious Nocturne Demyx have won the game. They were The Flying Pumpkin, The Roleblocker, both associated with Town, and the Survivor.

“It’s over, Maniacal Engineer.” Tommy Oliver said as he walked up next to Steve Rogers. Tony Stark joined them on the roof, along with Super Goof and Captain Underpants.

“It’s not over! It’ll never be over!” Maniacal Engineer chortled. “You think you’ve won, don’t you? You think you’re all sooooo clever. Look at me, I’m the big bad superhero.”

“Your armies defeated.” Tommy said. “And so are you.”

“NEVER!” Maniacal Engineer screamed and pulled a small vile of disgusting looking green liquid from his coat pocket. He threw it on the ground at his feet and it exploded, leaving behind a huge cloud of dust and smoke. When it cleared, he was gone.

Captain America sighed heavily. “We’ve won.” He said.
“But at what cost?” Tommy Oliver asked, looking down over the heavily damaged city.

“We have to prepare for his return.” Tony Stark said. “We owe it to Sonic, Spiderman, The Arbiter, Izuku, All Might, Supergirl and Pikachu. We owe it to every life that was lost to put a stop to him.”

THE END

Our insane Engineer will return in the finale to Superhero Bonanza. I hope you’ll join me there.

Well, this was a pretty wild ride. As always, I would like to give thanks to my MoD, @Elieson - AKA, Vote-omenon… I’ll like to give thanks to @CheffOfGames… and of course @Darth Vader, who was available to help me with a final balance check just before the game launched. And of course, thanks go to @Snidely Whiplash, who wrote the flavour text this story was a continuation of, back in the original Superhero Bonanza.

1. Did you enjoy the game?

2. What was your favourite moment?

3. What did you think of the flavour text and characters?

4. What did you think of the balance?

5. Would you have changed anything, hosting or player wise?

6. Do you have any other thoughts, comments, or… anything else to say?

7. Will you be returning for the Superhero Bonanza finale?

Thank you all for playing. I hope you enjoyed yourselves, and as Deadpool says, please don’t leave your trash on the floor.

Last edited:
1. Immensely. I enjoyed a chance to roleplay a bit. Even if I did get the character totally wrong.

2. Seeing Jin's death and realizing how epicly I had screwed myself.

3. I love it! The only problem I had was with Super Goofy; I was having an insane amount of trouble coming up with ways to hint my role that didn't also hint my name. That's why I dropped no hints on Day 1, and why I gave up on trying to come up with a way to hint one without hinting the other on Day 2.

4. Honestly? I kinda think the Mafia could have used another person. Despite that, Mido played extraordinarily well and should have won.

5. What I would have changed was Melodious recalling my hint from far earlier in the game. I didn't use it prior to that because you said not to, so I was prepared to lose the game; seeing it pop up pretty was very unfair for Midorikawa. I wasn't going to not acknowledge it because it was too late at that point, but at the same time I agree with Mido that there really was no fair way for Mido to win at that point.

6. I seriously misread two players.

I thought Jinjo was just mafia trying to create confusion and set up a lynch on Jin after all of the talk about bussing and misleading in those spy results. I also thought Supergirl would be a JOAT just due to the wide range of powers the Kal-Els have, so I was completely surprised when Jinjo flipped as Supergirl spy.

And then I misread Jin because I was reading Pirate Sylveon, Nightwing101, and Midorikawa as town and Melo as town-aligned indep.

7. I kinda suspect everyone would prefer it if I didn't >.>

On an unrelated note, I also hid a soft-nameclaim somewhere. Good luck finding it.
Given it's endgame, figured it's about time for me to reveal it.

The post in question was the one I made in response to Seth Rollins dying and flipping as Izuku Midoriya.
RIP Young Midoriya.
This is what All Might always calls Izuku.

Granted, it requires a bit of knowledge on MHA, but a soft-nameclaim nonetheless.

With as many times as I missed, I think it worked out rather well :p

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes
Watching town make ridiculous assumptions and turning on people who I didn’t even intent to turn them on.
I still have to read it.
I think mafia team was way too weak. Rolecop didn’t really provide enough firepower to help at all.

Me winning.
I think that you did a wonderful job and for the record the rules were perfectly clear so you shouldn’t have had to change them.
I hope so.

Wow this is over. GG everyone. Congrats to Town & Survivor.

Well.... technically I was part of it and yet not really. I'll read back and see what interesting things happened. But it's a Town victory, so yes, I enjoyed it. :p

Getting killed immediately after being subbed in?

The FT, whatever I read, felt nice. I loved my character (Spidey <3)

I think it was fair.

Nothing really except maybe I should have joined this game as a regular player rather than a sub.

I hope I'll be able to join that one. :)

1. I did. Feels good to win again.

2. Favourite moment is early on in the game when I said that both jd and Mido were scum and it turns out that I was right (even though for some reason I stopped thinking it was Mido for some reason later in the game).

3. I am yet to read it in full but from what I've seen it's very good.

4. If feel like it was slightly unfair to mafia (not that I'm complaining).

5. Nope!

6. Congrats to Town for winning! gg to Mafia, you guys played really well.

7. Sure! I don't see why not. I'd be happy to.

Note to self: Follow your gut instinct and not what everything else is pointing to...
GG Mafia. You did very well Mido, and even if I suspected you by the end, I was still super paranoid enough to keep going for Eresh. You did very well, and somehow you got me to reconsider if mafia 2 was you or not. That faked chat was very good btw. Thanks to @AussieEevee for hosting a very good game, and congrats to my fellow town members on winning.

Yes, very much.
Lynching jd.
The FT was good, and I liked the characters even though neither of mine were used :p
It was a little weird. I think the only reason I trusted Mido towards the end was because of a lack of town cop, which Mido seemed to pick up on. Mafia would have benefitted from another member, but only if town were given slightly more power. Bodyguards really only redirect a kill, so they didn't have much protection, and they lacked a general cop other than the JOAT. So if town were given a doctor and cop, with mafia getting another member, I think it would have been fair.
I would've followed my gut instinct on Mido instead of getting confused with everything.
Thanks AE for a good game. Also, was I meant to be a Ninja Messenger?
I should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom