• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Superhero Bonanza Penultimate Edition: War for the Earth - Endgame Town Victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we lynch Town, then we'll lose if you don't do anything anyway.
If we lynch scum, then you'll either hit scum and win the game, or you'll hit Town, the game will be down to 2:1:1, we'll lynch you, and then we'll win.

You win if you are Mafia. I'm Flying Pumpkin.

@Ereshkigal Ehy did you kill Jinjo?

I said so in my first post: Jinjo was posting in a manner creating confusion and I thought it was a sum ploy.

I also targeted you one night, to check an earlier scum theory. I'm rather glad I missed.

Okay, time to post my conclusions: There are four town, two scum, and no independents.

Town:
@Midorikawa
@Nightwing101
@Pirate Sylveon
Myself

Scum:
@Melodious Nocturne Demyx
@Jin of Torna

First, the scumslip:

If we lynch scum, then you'll either hit scum and win the game, or you'll hit Town, the game will be down to 2:1:1, we'll lynch you, and then we'll win.

You're supposed to be an independent survivor. Your win condition is just to live to the end of the game. Even if scum win, as long as you live you win. So what is the "we" business? You act like you are on a team, not on your own.

Also, your idea as to how victoryis achieved completely ignores the mafia night kill for town winning and the possibility I will be that kill. It also ignores the roleblocking meaning I can't hit scum as one of the possibilities.

See, both you and Jin talked about how I was dropping these heavy pumpkin hints, and once I basically indirectly confirmed it you both suddenly wanted me dead. I can post the quotes to prove this when I get home.

Top it all off, you keep trying to get me to go along with Jin's plan, which involves two town players with abilities currently the most dangerous to town neutralizing each other. The only time you questioned the roleblocking was after I made it clear it makes no sense.

Also, the only confirmation Jin is not godfather comes from you, via means "you cannot discuss." Unless you are cheating and using out-of-game knowledge, you know Jin's role because you are part of the same team.

So, it's obvious. Jin is godfather, Melodious is scumbuddy, everyone else is town. And I can prove it with one flip.

Unvote: Pirate Sylveon
Vote: Melodious Nocturne Demyx

Okay, time to post my conclusions: There are four town, two scum, and no independents.

Town:
@Midorikawa
@Nightwing101
@Pirate Sylveon
Myself

Scum:
@Melodious Nocturne Demyx
@Jin of Torna

First, the scumslip:

You're supposed to be an independent survivor. Your win condition is just to live to the end of the game. Even if scum win, as long as you live you win. So what is the "we" business? You act like you are on a team, not on your own.

Also, your idea as to how victoryis achieved completely ignores the mafia night kill for town winning and the possibility I will be that kill. It also ignores the roleblocking meaning I can't hit scum as one of the possibilities.

See, both you and Jin talked about how I was dropping these heavy pumpkin hints, and once I basically indirectly confirmed it you both suddenly wanted me dead. I can post the quotes to prove this when I get home.

Top it all off, you keep trying to get me to go along with Jin's plan, which involves two town players with abilities currently the most dangerous to town neutralizing each other. The only time you questioned the roleblocking was after I made it clear it makes no sense.

Also, the only confirmation Jin is not godfather comes from you, via means "you cannot discuss." Unless you are cheating and using out-of-game knowledge, you know Jin's role because you are part of the same team.

So, it's obvious. Jin is godfather, Melodious is scumbuddy, everyone else is town. And I can prove it with one flip.

Unvote: Pirate Sylveon
Vote: Melodious Nocturne Demyx
And what about me confirming that LG is indep? Your theory is completely ignoring me.

So, you're the Cop, huh...

Oh wow... We've said that multiple times.

It's like Max and Eresh are going out of their way to not listen. We know there's 2 mafia because there's one indepedent (who's been checked by the cop) and this may be the last phase of the game. I have been checked by the cop, my claim has been proven, and I started the lynch on jd. I have a 0.01% chance of being Godfather.

Really? One flip to end the game? You and Max are buddying extremely hard right now.

@Nightwing101 @Midorikawa @Melodious Nocturne Demyx should we lynch Eresh or Max?

Oh wow... We've said that multiple times.

It's like Max and Eresh are going out of their way to not listen. We know there's 2 mafia because there's one indepedent (who's been checked by the cop) and this may be the last phase of the game. I have been checked by the cop, my claim has been proven, and I started the lynch on jd. I have a 0.01% chance of being Godfather.

Really? One flip to end the game? You and Max are buddying extremely hard right now.

@Nightwing101 @Midorikawa @Melodious Nocturne Demyx should we lynch Eresh or Max?
...Goes to show just how much more of my attention was on YOU Mafia.

And what about me confirming that LG is indep? Your theory is completely ignoring me.

Yes, it is. Just like it's accusing and voting for an innocent person. Like I said, I'll have the relevant quotes later.

Um, one flip wins the game no matter what. Either scum is revealed and town lynches the scum, or town is revealed and scum wins.

Also" if you've been paying any attention, I'm buddying Nightwing. Not Max. I'm dead by dawn no matter what.

Um, one flip wins the game no matter what. Either scum is revealed and town lynches the scum, or town is revealed and scum wins.

Also" if you've been paying any attention, I'm buddying Nightwing. Not Max. I'm dead by dawn no matter what.

There are two scum. A scum flip doesn't win the game.

How are you dead by dawn no matter what? If you're not lynched, your kill will go through anyway so mafia has no reason to kill you. Mido is priority by far.

Also, you can't just ignore a cop check. That's very different to ignoring a lack of proven information.

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure why I care so much about you guys. Honestly I probably should've just gone along with your lynch and not said anything, but I've been Townsiding all game and I guess I'm just invested.

If you're the NightKill then your shot should still be processed. And if you get Roleblocked well then you lose anyway.

Like everyone else has said, are you ignoring the Cop telling you that I'm Indep?

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure why I care so much about you guys. Honestly I probably should've just gone along with your lynch and not said anything, but I've been Townsiding all game and I guess I'm just invested.

You also make a good decoy because of that, even if you're not aware of it. Trust me, sit back and enjoy the show. This is going to be even wilder than what you've seen so far ;)

Like everyone else has said, are you ignoring the Cop telling you that I'm Indep?

Ignoring? No.

Pretending to ignore to use the resulting overconfidence to my advantage? Yes.

Sorry, but I was using you as part of a strategy that a couple friends I have annoyedly call Ereshkibonkers. Though, usually, it doesn't work quite this quickly. You'll see in my next post.

And, no, I didn't actually think you were remotely Mafia. Just a convenient person I knew would weather the result without any damage being done to them or any danger of them being lynched resulting.

Unvote

I’m fine with either as a lynch. I also just realized how convenient it is that max has used only his vig shot when he has two investigative roles in his arsenal. Seems strange not to use at least one sooner, especially considering he was suspicious of Jinjo.

How are you dead by dawn no matter what? If you're not lynched, your kill will go through anyway so mafia has no reason to kill you. Mido is priority by far.

A scum flip tells us who is and is not town just by how they argued for it and who they heavily sided with. Well, except for me; I probably made the insanity meters in Moscow explode. I keep getting billed by the Kremlin for the exploding instruments...

Anyway, enough of that. Let's take a look at what you said in that part, and what you said earlier:

Here's the plan: if @Ereshkigal isn't lynched today, try and shoot whoever isn't lynched out of Pirate and Nightwing. If Nightwing survives, roleblock whoever isn't lynched out of Pirate and Eresh. And if Pirate survives... well we need to know your roles first.

This is actually a great plan. I'm down for it (provided that I don't get lynched cause then I can't help).
Wait if I block either Ereshkigal or Max and mafia target me will my block still go through?

It should. Kills have least priority.

So, which of us are you lying to? Are you lying to me when you say my kill will go through no matter what, or Nightwing when you say their roleblock on me will take priority and go through first? Because both cannot be true.

Also, you have never answered questions about the logic of your plan: Why is it you have two people who are potentially-scum in your arguments targeting each other? What is Max is telling the truth and Nightwing and I are both scum? I pretty much set that up as a consideration for everyone with how I openly and admittedly buddied with Nightwing.

What is to stop us, if we are scum, from pretending to use our abilities on each other, but instead using them on the Town? Or, hell, if it turns out one of us is actually town, what's to stop us from buddying up at this point and doing it anyway? Either one of us, or both, could lie about it and you'd never know for certain until the bodies hit the floor.

When I expressed that I was curious about your stated plan, this was your only justification:

If you're what you say you are, you shall target Nightwing101. If not, we'll know you're mafia.

That's it. No explanation. Just a "do as I say or I'll set you up to die" threat.

When I decided this was utter bull$%^, I got this reply:

I'm not saying all three of you are mafia. 2/3 of you are mafia, so if we kill all three of you, we kill all the mafia. Nightwing is the most accepting of the plan, and I feel like they've been quite towny. Sometimes town needs to die to win. I'm doing the most pro-town thing here. You realise the 2 mafia has to be out of you three because the other three are confirmed right?

I have a confirmed claim, was checked as town by the cop and began the bandwagon on the only mafia lynch. If you're doubting my alignment now, then there's a problem.

"Sometimes town needs to die to win." In a period where it's confirmed a mislynch could be an instant Mafia victory, as shown by AussieEevee's comment:

This may be the final phase of the game.

We're in danger of a Mafia victory, and you're advocating sacrificing Townies. How is that not scummy?

Not only that, but when Melodious outright asked you about the roleblock, you flat-out ignored Melodious's question:

I mean, I will admit that having Nightwing block you is a weird part of the plan. @Jin of Torna, remind me again how that instruction helps at all?

Why, Jin of Torma, do you consistently refuse to provide any logical basis for the parts of your plan that make absolutely no sense? Why do you try to use subtle threats to get people to fall in line? Why did you flat-out lie?

You keep going on and on about how you "led a lynch." Except busing to create false credibility is a legitimate Mafia tactic. A godfather will pass an alignment check with ease, too, so that rules out the reliability of Mido's check. And superhero fiction is filled with telepathic villains (Brainiac, for example, has been telepathic), so your messenger ability could easily be Mafia.

And now, to deal with one final quote...

Who are you sying is mafia? You're hesitance to use your role is based on the fact that either Melo, Mido or I have to be mafia, when we're all confirmed not to be.

Did it occur to you that my hesitance to use my ability might be based on this instead?

Jinjo is dead.

You know... the admitted screw-up that put us in this position where the Mafia could win by the end of phase?

He's also been jumping between any sorts of lynches that look to have even a remote chance of working. Though a case could be made for both scum desperately trying to stay alive and for Tow desperately trying to avoid a mislynch. Not that I personally believe it'd be the latter, but that's just my opinion.

Sadly, Max does that all of the time, so I'm not certain how much of that is alignment and how much is just Max being Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom