• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Superhero Bonanza Penultimate Edition: War for the Earth - Endgame Town Victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Midorikawa
@Melodious Nocturne Demyx
@Nightwing101
@Pirate Sylveon

You can see my examination of Jin's actions on the previous page, as well as their arguments. Yes, my tactics were questionable; I was intentionally acting the way I was so as to force Jin into making a mistake. Which they did.

If you want to kill me for it? Go ahead. Like I said earlier, I don't plan to live to the next day phase. I screwed up on an epic scale when I killed Jinjo, both in weakening town and in revealing myself through the kill; my ability to kill them at night is one they absolutely must counter if they want to win.

But, I did kill Jinjo, so this is a vote I must make:

Vote: Ereshkigal

So, what? You made one mistake, so now you're committing sepukku to restore your honour?

I personally think that your honour would be better restored by lynching some scum, rather than, you know, throwing the game for Town.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, which of us are you lying to? Are you lying to me when you say my kill will go through no matter what, or Nightwing when you say their roleblock on me will take priority and go through first? Because both cannot be true.

I'm saying your kill will go through even if you're killed, not roleblocked.

Also, you have never answered questions about the logic of your plan: Why is it you have two people who are potentially-scum in your arguments targeting each other? What is Max is telling the truth and Nightwing and I are both scum? I pretty much set that up as a consideration for everyone with how I openly and admittedly buddied with Nightwing.

Fine, @Nightwing101 don't roleblock anyone tonight. And I'll answer the buddying thing down the track.

What is to stop us, if we are scum, from pretending to use our abilities on each other, but instead using them on the Town? Or, hell, if it turns out one of us is actually town, what's to stop us from buddying up at this point and doing it anyway? Either one of us, or both, could lie about it and you'd never know for certain until the bodies hit the floor.

We'll know if Nightwing lies because it's not a percentage role and we'll see who they target.

When I expressed that I was curious about your stated plan, this was your only justification:

That's it. No explanation. Just a "do as I say or I'll set you up to die" threat.

I explained the plan in other posts.

When I decided this was utter bull$%^, I got this reply:

"Sometimes town needs to die to win." In a period where it's confirmed a mislynch could be an instant Mafia victory, as shown by AussieEevee's comment:

We're in danger of a Mafia victory, and you're advocating sacrificing Townies. How is that not scummy?

I'm not saying that we want to lynch town today. I know town will lose with that. I'm sacrificing a town member to get rid of the last mafia after today. I want to lynch mafia today, but there's still one left. If the only way we can do it is to have Nightwing killed tonight and leave you to be lynched tomorrow, then so be it.

Not only that, but when Melodious outright asked you about the roleblock, you flat-out ignored Melodious's question:

Why, Jin of Torma, do you consistently refuse to provide any logical basis for the parts of your plan that make absolutely no sense? Why do you try to use subtle threats to get people to fall in line? Why did you flat-out lie?

Honestly, I somehow missed this post. In any case Melo, I probably didn't think that part through, but in any case, I still feel like Eresh should target Nightwing tonight. Nightwing should idle their roleblock. If they block Mido and Mido doesn't die, we know they're mafia.
A) Eresh is mafia and there'll be no second kill, so town will still most likely win.
B) Nightwing is mafia and they'll most likely be killed anyway, winning the game. If Eresh is told they are blocked, then we know Nightwing is lying and is mafia.
Does that sound like a better plan?
I'm not trying to threaten you btw. But if you do something against the town wincon, we will try and lynch you. What flat-out lie are you talking about btw?

You keep going on and on about how you "led a lynch." Except busing to create false credibility is a legitimate Mafia tactic. A godfather will pass an alignment check with ease, too, so that rules out the reliability of Mido's check. And superhero fiction is filled with telepathic villains (Brainiac, for example, has been telepathic), so your messenger ability could easily be Mafia.

Bussing is different to creating a bandwagon and causing a lynch. Bussing is where the bandwagon is already taking off and you try to hide yourself in the crowd. Also, the content in my messages indicates that I'm town as well, which both Mido and Melo attest to.

And now, to deal with one final quote...

Did it occur to you that my hesitance to use my ability might be based on this instead?

So you think one of us is mafia?

You know... the admitted screw-up that put us in this position where the Mafia could win by the end of phase?

Jinjo was most likely mafia. I'm not buying the mess up. The only shot that happened to hit is the one on the spy, who helped lynched mafia.

Eresh, you may be saying that you're buddying with Nightwing, but Max has been following you're every move. You too are working together, but since you voted yourself, it seems like there's one thing you want to do.

By openly admitting that "you're buddying with Nightwing," you want us to lynch you and then see your flip, automatically causing us to assume that NW must be your scum buddy because you admitted to it so we lynch Nightwing instead of Max tomorrow. I think you want to be lynched and show us that you're mafia so Max is saved and Nightwing looks worse.

Ok, so, it turns out that I actually am allowed to talk about my additional reasons for thinking that Elementar is likely Town. Because while we're not allowed to claim our own character names, we are allowed to speculate on each others'.

Based on the way that things were presented in the message that Elementar sent, I'm speculating that Elementar is Olgilvie "Sonic" the Hedgehog. The message specifically mentioned his super speed, and Sonic has been appearing rather frequently throughout the Flavour Text. It's just a little extra detail that helps inform my opinion a bit. Please remember that Elementar is not allowed to confirm nor deny this speculation.

. I want to lynch mafia today, but there's still one left.
...wait what? Are you saying there is one mafia and not two?
Bussing is different to creating a bandwagon and causing a lynch. Bussing is where the bandwagon is already taking off and you try to hide yourself in the crowd. Also, the content in my messages indicates that I'm town as well, which both Mido and Melo attest to.
Bussing is any time mafia kills mafia for any reason whatsoever.

Anyway, I really don't want Town to lose because you guys lynch me for the usual reasons. Please, unvote me and let's actually go for scum.

Max, the "usual reasons" argument only gets you so far. The usual reasons do allow you to get past certain smaller things that would largely be considered scummy. What you've done here goes above and beyond your usual reasons. Heavy sheeping combined with unnecessary cageyness as far as your role is concerned this late in the game are more than "the usual reasons" can protect you from.

There's two. I meant there's still one left after we lynch mafia today.

@Pirate Sylveon so you think Eresh and Nightwing are the scum team?
Honestly, at this point, I have no clue.

Max, the "usual reasons" argument only gets you so far. The usual reasons do allow you to get past certain smaller things that would largely be considered scummy. What you've done here goes above and beyond your usual reasons. Heavy sheeping combined with unnecessary cageyness as far as your role is concerned this late in the game are more than "the usual reasons" can protect you from.
Admittedly, not my best Mafia game here...Yeah, I'm fine with losing via a mislynch at this point.

You can see my examination of Jin's actions on the previous page, as well as their arguments. Yes, my tactics were questionable; I was intentionally acting the way I was so as to force Jin into making a mistake. Which they did.

Also, I just noticed this. Really? You were being as scummy as possible so a person (who at the time, was one of the most confirmed town players) to make a mistake? Why would you act in such a way to get a common town read player to make a stupid mistake? (Which is NIA btw, because whatever you were doing was confusing). Why not target someone who people actually thought was mafia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom