• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Superhero types

Pokémon Spectrum

Friend to All Pokémon
Reaction score
If you could assign Pokémon types to superheroes (or supervillains, if you want), what would their types (and abilities and moves if you want to get that creative) be? I'm going to be posting my thoughts on four heroes from Marvel and DC respectively:

Captain America: Normal/Fighting
Ability: Guts
Moves: Take Down, Fling, Brick Break, Protect

Thor: Fairy/Electric
Ability: Sheer Force
Moves: Thunder, Hammer Arm, Meteor Mash, Play Rough

Hulk: Fighting
Ability: Anger Point
Moves: Outrage, Thrash, Rage, Superpower

Iron Man: Steel/Normal
Ability: Download
Moves: Flash Cannon, Techno Blast, Hyper Beam, Discharge

Batman: Dark/Fighting
Ability: Justified
Moves: Fling, Close Combat, Shadow Sneak, Last Resort

Superman: Fighting/Flying
Ability: Huge Power
Moves: Superpower, Fly, Frost Breath, Incinerate

Flash: Normal
Ability: Technician
Moves: Quick Attack, Bullet Punch, Mach Punch, Vacuum Wave

Wonder Woman: Fighting
Ability: Defiant
Moves: Close Combat, Constrict, Detect, Sacred Sword

P.S.
I'm seeing a lot of people assigning the Dragon type to the characters whose main power is super-strength. I hate to break it to you, but that type assignment only really works if the character is reptilian in design. Dragon-types are NOT characterized solely by physical attacks. There are a lot of outliers in the Special Attack stat, like Palkia, Reshiram, and Hydreigon. I know it's your opinion, people, but try to keep in mind that characters like Superman and the Hulk are human in appearance (granted, the Hulk is big and green, but he's still not in any way reptilian), and as such should not really be categorized in the type that consists mainly of reptilian beasts. I'd appreciate it if you put more thought into the typing other than "this fits because it's the main trait of the character." For instance, I gave Captain America the Normal/Fighting type combination because he's a normal person who's been genetically altered to be at the peak of physical fitness.

Last edited:
MARVEL

X Men
Professor X - Psychic
Cyclops - Normal
Jean Grey - Psychic
Wolverine - Steel/Fighting
Storm - Flying/Electric
Rogue - Normal/Flying
Beast - Normal
Shadowcat - Normal
Nightcrawler - Normal
Jubilee - Fire/Fairy
Gambit - Normal
Iceman - Ice
Angel - Flying and then Flying/Steel when he becomes Archangel
Emma Frost - Psychic/Rock
Psylocke - Psychic/Fighting
Magma - Fire/Ground

Spiderman - Bug

Avengers
Ironman - Steel
Thor - Flying/Steel
Captain America - Fighting/Steel
Hulk - Dragon/Poison
She-Hulk - Normal/Poison
Scarlet Witch - Fairy
Wasp - Bug/Flying

Fantastic Four
Mister Fantastic - Normal
Invisible Woman - Normal
Human Torch - Fire/Flying
Thing - Rock

Others + some favorites of mine
Silver Surfer - Dragon/Steel
Moondragon - Psychic/Fighting
Cloak - Dark
Dagger - Fairy
Niko Minoru - Fairy/Dark
Madame Web - Psychic
Agatha Harkness - Fairy

Last edited:
From the mangás/animes:
sailor moon- fairy
attract
moonblst
fairy wind
Sailor jupiter- fairy/electric
thunderbolt
Sailor mars- fairy/fire
flamethrower
Goku( think all DBZ characters are same type)- fighting/psychic
aura sphere
mega punch
mega kick
meditate
focus blast
inuyasha- dark/fighting
slash
sacred sword
sketch
odor sleuth
Kagome- normal/fairy
double slap
play rough
Kikyo- ground/fairy
shippo- dark/fire
ability: ilusion
will-o-wisp
bite

Sakura card captors- normal
kero- fire

On the anti-heros/ villains department:
sesshoumaru- dark/poison
acid
slash
mega punch
crunch ( dog form)
naraku- dark/poison
toxic
transform
acid
barrier
Kagura- dark/flying
hurricane
fly
jaken- dark/fire
flamethrower
( all of them from inuyasha)

DC

Superman - Dragon/Normal or Flying (Dragon: because he is so powerful ; Normal: because he has a wide variety of powers/attacks)
Batman - Fighting (I didn't put Dark because his powers are in no way demonic and he isn't evil either).
Wonder Woman - Fighting/Flying
Green Lantern - Normal/Flying
Flash - Normal
Robin - Fighting
Starfire - Fire/Flying
Raven - Dark/Flying

i dont get the so powerfull= dragon thing. A characer is dragon type if its a dragon.
DBZ- shenlong - dragon flying
The claymores from claymore- dark/ fighting
Naraku's ability should be regenerator. Buu's and piccolo's( DBZ) too.

DC

Batman - Fighting (I didn't put Dark because his powers are in no way demonic and he isn't evil either).

Batman doesn't have any powers, period. I gave him the Dark/Fighting typing because he's a much darker character than the others: He uses fear as a weapon (which is usually something that only the bad guys do), he has some of the most gruesome stories in the DC universe, and he uses the darkness to his advantage, which is a very rare trait among heroes.

And if you really want to get picky about it, none of the Dark-type Pokémon are actually evil either. It's been made perfectly clear in the games that there is no such thing as an evil Pokémon, just evil people using them to do bad things. Heck, Absol frequently goes out of its way to try and warn people about natural disasters, and it's a Dark-type. I know the Dark type is known as the "Evil" type in Japan, but for the most part, the Dark type is more about using dirty tactics to fight, such as biting (Bite and Crunch) or pulling punches when the opponent isn't looking (Feint Attack and Sucker Punch), much in the way that a dishonorable person would in order to try and win against an opponent he couldn't beat in a fair fight. An argument can even be made for Dark Pulse and Night Daze, with Dark Pulse being an aura-based attack, and Night Daze attacking the opponent with "A pitch-black shock wave," which doesn't really sound that demonic.

Last edited:
DC

Batman doesn't have any powers, period. I gave him the Dark/Fighting typing because he's a much darker character than the others: He uses fear as a weapon (which is usually something that only the bad guys do), he has some of the most gruesome stories in the DC universe, and he uses the darkness to his advantage, which is a very rare trait among heroes.

And if you really want to get picky about it, none of the Dark-type Pokémon are actually evil either. It's been made perfectly clear in the games that there is no such thing as an evil Pokémon, just evil people using them to do bad things. Heck, Absol frequently goes out of its way to try and warn people about natural disasters, and it's a Dark-type. I know the Dark type is known as the "Evil" type in Japan, but for the most part, the Dark type is more about using dirty tactics to fight, such as biting (Bite and Crunch) or pulling punches when the opponent isn't looking (Feint Attack and Sucker Punch), much in the way that a dishonorable person would in order to try and win against an opponent he couldn't beat in a fair fight. An argument can even be made for Dark Pulse and Night Daze, with Dark Pulse being an aura-based attack, and Night Daze attacking the opponent with "A pitch-black shock wave," which doesn't really sound that demonic.

Lol you're the one who is being picky, not me.

DC

It's an expression.

Avengers

Iron Man- Steel/Flying
Ability- Defiant

Hulk- Fighting/Normal (Fighting for Hulk, Normal for Bruce)
Ability- Cursed Body (Because usually when people hit Hulk with stuff, it just breaks)

Captain America- Ice/Fighting
Ability- Early Bird

Thor- Electric/Flying
Ability- Cloud Nine

Black Widow- Dark
Ability- Frisk

Hawkeye- Flying/Dark
Ability- Sniper

DC

It's an expression.

I know.

DC:
Batman: Fighting/Psychic. Ability: Justified. Moves: Calm Mind, Shadow Sneak, Revenge, Retaliate
Batman villians:
Joker: Dark/Psychic. Moves: Nasty Plot, Torment, Sucker Punch
Penguin: Dark
Catwoman: Dark
Bane: Fighting. Moves: Bulk Up, Superpower
Riddler: Psychic. Moves: Confusion, Confuse Ray
Two-Face: Normal/Dark. Ability: Wonder Skin
Mr. Freeze: Ice. Moves: Ice Beam
Poison Ivy: Grass/Poison. Ability: Chlorophyll. Moves: Frenzy Plant, Venoshock

Superman: Fairy/Steel. Ability: Fairy Aura. Moves: Bullet Punch, Dazzling Gleam, Meteor Mash, Dragon Pulse, Dual Chop, Cosmic Power
Wonder Woman: Fairy
Aquaman: Water. Moves: Surf
Flash: Electric. Ability: Motor Drive Moves: Agility, Quick Attack, ExtremeSpeed

Marvel:
Captain America: Fighting
Iron Man: Steel Ability: Battle Armor
Spider-Man: Bug/Fighting. Moves: String Shot, Spider Web, Sticky Web, Brick Break, Acrobatics
Spider-Man villians:
Lizard: Dragon.
Electro: Electric.
Green Goblin Dark.
Sandman: Ground.
Venom: Poison/Dark

Thor: Fairy/Electric. Ability: Lightning Rod. Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Thunder, Meteor Mash, Hammer Arm
Hulk: Fighting. Moves: Bulk Up, Superpower, Bulldoze, Rage

Last edited:
Buffy, the Vampire Slayer
Buffy
Type: Fighting
Moves: High Jump Kick/ Taunt/ Spike Cannon/ Wood Hammer

Willow
Type: Psychic
Ability: Analytic
MegaWillow (Dark Willow)
Type: Psychic/Dark
Moves: Nasty Plot/ Fire Blast/ Thunderbolt/ Pain split

Buffy

Willow
MegaWillow (Dark Willow)

I wasn't aware that Buffy counted as a superhero.

Buffy

Willow
MegaWillow (Dark Willow)

I wasn't aware that Buffy counted as a superhero.

You are now. :loopy:

The Flash would absolutely be at least part Electric, that just seems obvious. As for Ability, that'd depend on what Flash we're talking about. Here's what I think:

Jay Garrick - Guts

Barry Allen - Technician or Friend Guard

Wally West - Technician or Inner Focus

Bart Allen - Own Tempo

Lightningrod could apply to all of them as well, except maybe Jay.

(I'll try out some other ones later :p)

EDIT: Right, let's give this a whirl, shall we? I'll be focusing on DC for now.

Batman: Dark/Fighting
Ability: Intimidate or Keen Eye

Hawkman: Fairy/Flying or Fighting/Flying
Ability: Sturdy or Hustle

Superman: Fighting/Flying
Ability: Huge Power or Wonder Skin

Martian Manhunter/J'onn J'onzz: Psychic
Ability: Telepathy

Green Lantern: Fairy
Ability: Inner Focus or Mold Breaker

Green Arrow: Normal
Ability: Sniper or Scrappy

Captain Marvel: Fairy
Ability: Huge Power or Super Luck

Firestorm: Fire, plus a secondary typing of Psychic or Fairy.
Ability: Synchronize or Adaptability

Steel: Uh, Steel
Ability: Technician or Light Metal

Nightwing: Normal
Ability: Prankster or Limber

Last edited:
Just learned Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver will be in the next movie, so

Scarlet Witch
Psychic/Fairy
Ability- Magic Guard

Quicksilver
Fighting/Fairy
Ability- Limber

Just learned Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver will be in the next movie, so

Scarlet Witch
Psychic/Fairy
Ability- Magic Guard

Quicksilver
Fighting/Fairy
Ability- Limber

Why Fighting/Fairy? There's nothing mystic or magical about Quicksilver's powers, he's a mutant. Scarlet Witch, I can understand, but Quicksilver's just a speedster.

So I just remembered that I have the Darkness 2 and realized just how similar design wise that Jackie Estacado and Mega Mawile could be.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Adamant
Max HP/Att EVs
-Iron Defense/Protect(Impromptu car shields!)
-Crunch(Duh)
-Play Rough(He's a gangster)
-Pain Split(Mawile doesn't have any drain moves so this is as close to the whole "eat their hearts to heal you")

Oh and you can't forget about the lovable Darkling
Sableye @ Leftovers
Impish
Max HP/Spdef EVs
-Swagger/Taunt(You don't want know what he called your momma)
-Foul Play(Dirty little fighter)
-Recover(You can kill him over and over and over)
-Sucker Punch/Snarl(He can be sneaky and scary)

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom