• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Superman vs. Batman

Superman or Batman?

• Total voters

GrnMarvl14

Lying
Reaction score
Because it had to happen, let's inaugurate this section with a classic comic battle. Who would win? Who do you prefer? Who's the best? Superman or Batman?

In my opinion, I think Batman would win.
Yeah, sure, Superman is stronger, but Batman is smarter :)

In a fight, Superman would probably win. Between all of his game-breaking powers, he's definitely stronger. But there are other factors to consider - Bats is crazy prepared, to the point where he may have easy access to some sort of Kryptonite weaponry. He could very well outsmart Superman and pull out a win in this regard. Not to mention that of the two, Batman is more interesting to read/watch, has a much better rogues gallery and is a better-rounded character, whereas it's comparatively more difficult to write Superman convincingly.

Superman wins in a fight. Batman is still better. Nyeh.

Gotta go with Batman, myself. While I'm usually not a street-level fan, Batman's just more interesting than Superman, plus he's shown himself smart enough to be able to take out most foes he faces. Superman always seems a tad lacking in the planning phase. Though Superman gets a few points for not adopting young, male sidekicks, dressing them in skimpy outfits, and letting them get blown up.

I don't think anybody voted for Supes. It's been established that Bats has fail-safes on all the superheroes so even if Superman got in a couple of good punches, Bats always has Kryptonite nearby.

I prefer Batman. His villains are more interesting, his character is more interesting, his theme is more interesting. Nothing against Superman, but any guy who devoted his entire life to striking fear into the hearts of those who prey on the fearful is the better hero in my book.

I don't think anybody voted for Supes. It's been established that Bats has fail-safes on all the superheroes so even if Superman got in a couple of good punches, Bats always has Kryptonite nearby.

Yep, Bruce owns a kryptonite ring.

I would say Superman if the fight just started. But if Bats had time to prepare he would win in a heartbeat. Batman can beat anyone with the right resources and preparation. If he had 1 year to prepare, Batman could defeat god in a fight.

As for my favorite, I would have to go with Batman.

As much as I love Superman, I gotta hand this vote to Batman here.

I'll have to go with Batman here, as he is more interesting, and could wipe out Superman with his brains any day. I would actually like to see them fight sometime.

Bruce + prep time = ownage.

And Batman has prepared long ago for every single effing hero/villain/whatever in his Universe. And then some.

Batman--the extensive training, weaponry, technology, etc... and appropriate costuming over pajamas 0_o.

I personally like Batman more just because of his two recent movies. Plus, he's a lot more vulnerable and flawed than Superman, allowing people to be able to relate to him, rather than just some perfect man who can do anything.

Seriously guys... Batman?

I mean he's cool and all... but he is way too edgy. The Dark Knight reminds me of Cloud in Final Fantasy 7.

Besides, all Superman has to do to disguise himself is by taking off his glasses.

BATMAN BATMAN BATMAN!!!

For one thing, he would win because he has kryptonite in his utility belt.

And Superman is way too overpowered. It takes all the fun out of the show/comic when the hero can't die.

This is tricky, because I like both of the heroes. Looks like I am not alone with thinking Batman has the advantage of tools that can stop Superman, but then again, why would heroes fight other heroes when they are better when teamed up?

Thanks for reading.

I don't read the comics sso I'll base this on the old cartoons and movies.

The Batman cartoon was slightly better than the Superman one.

The Dark Knight alone is better than all of the Superman movies put together.

But then again, doubt Batman would be able to survive a few punches from Superman...

Though, overall, Batman. If only because he has the potential to be more interesting, with his slew of awesome villains, than boring perfect Superman.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom