• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Supporting Character Bios?

Zeta

Bulbapædist
Reaction score
There are so many random anime characters, it would be overwhelming to do a bio for each one. Especailly when most are single-episode characters.

But obviously some of them deserve bios or articles of their own. Which ones, off the top of your head? I'd think that the requirement would be that they'd either have to appear in more than one episode, affect the plot GREATLY, or appear in some other medium (manga, games, TCG) as well.

Off the top of my head? I think that the following could use bios of their own, for reasons listed below:

* Melonie, Giselle, Joe, Samurai, A.J., Mikey, Eevee Brothers (Appearence in anime as well as Dengeki Pikachu manga)

* Damian (Appearence in game, Dengeki manga, and Yellow)

* Todd (Obviously)

* Captain Aiden, Aya, Sakura (Multiple appearences)

* Spoink, Jigglypuff, and Pichu Bros (Possibly only reoccuring Pokemon without owners)

Any other reoccuring or possibly important characters I'm forgetting?

It's simple enough - if they appear in more than one episode, they get their own article. If they're never heard of or seen from after that episode, merge into the article for the episode. (Similarly for manga) If they appear in more than one medium, then they get their own article. If they have sufficient depth, they get their own article. But, if the character has very little depth, merge into the article for the episode in which they first appeared, and link to that.

The player character in a game is a bit doubtful though... I mean, isn't that just a reflex of the player in the game world?

If you can get more than a solid paragraph out of their description and information, than they probably deserve an article. That's my rule of thumb for just about anything.

So--does this mean we should break the Members of Team Rocket article into single entries? I mean, people like Viper and the Delibird woman can probably have a collective article, but the more detailed ones like Domino should probably have their own entries.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom