• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unkn

NOT LIKELY BUT:
I hope a DVD box set of The Johto Journeys or Johto League Champions is announced.

(Then again, I am not sure if TPC EVEN controls DVDs)

I bet they'll announce the list of theaters showing the 14th movie

JUMP Festa is a Japanese event in Japan. I highly doubt they will announce anything to do with the English side of the franchise.

Re: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unkn

Well, Hopefully it's either:

A. Pokemon Gray
B. RSE Remakes
C. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Gen V Addition)
D. A Gen V Stadium type of game (Or even a Pokemon Colosseum type game)
E. None of the above

OMG U GUYZ ITZ TOTALLY THE RSEMAKES SO SHUT UP!!1!

both the 10th
It is not... the 10th annversary s nextyear... it's avctuBothally to early for Grey. Ebmerald and Pt. were released 2 years after R/S amdD/P (Though FR/LG were released before Emerald) I see either a side-game (please be a Collo game) or R/S which is the perfect timing what better waay to celibrate bothhthe 10th anniversary of the games and the 15th anniversary of the series)

It's been told to you time and again. HGSS was released 2009 in Japan, for RSEmakes to be released three years later is very unlikely. Anniversary or not.

If they really want to celebrate something, they should try to put effort into creating a new Stadium game.

I am 75% convinced it's about Movie 15. If Pokemon Gray is to be released next year then it'll probably be announced in the Spring just like B/W was, and then launch in Japan in the fall.

Patterns are cool. :)

Patterns are cool. :)
Not when they make people think like robots. We know that some game is going to be released in Spring, and there is actually little reason to suspect that it is not a main series title. There is nothing holy about a September release date and sticking to such a time schedule forever would be an extremely narrow-minded approach.

As long as we're discussing patterns, you should bear in mind that movies are usually announced on Oha Suta (a Japanese TV program) and very little is revealed about them at first.

Last edited:

It's been told to you time and again. HGSS was released 2009 in Japan, for RSEmakes to be released three years later is very unlikely. Anniversary or not.

If they really want to celebrate something, they should try to put effort into creating a new Stadium game.

And I've replied the very same.Anniversaryor not HG/SS would have been released 3 /4 years after FR/LG so that argument has absolutly no bearing.. so no it isn't 'too early' for R/S remakes to be released but it's to soon for Grey to be released as both Emerald and Platinum were rekeased 2 or so years after their original pair. (ex R/S were released in 2002 while Emaerald was released in 2004 and D/P were released in 06 while Platinum was released in 08) and since GF seems to be releasing a new MG every year itlooks like they will wait till 2013 before making Grey since B/W haven't even been out a year outside Japan

And I've replied the very same.Anniversaryor not HG/SS would have been released 3 /4 years after FR/LG so that argument has absolutly no bearing..
HGSS were released a whopping five years and eight months after FRLG. You've been told this numerous times and you should be able to do the math by yourself.

so no it isn't 'too early' for R/S remakes to be released but it's to soon for Grey to be released as both Emerald and Platinum were rekeased 2 or so years after their original pair. (ex R/S were released in 2002 while Emaerald was released in 2004 and D/P were released in 06 while Platinum was released in 08) and since GF seems to be releasing a new MG every year itlooks like they will wait till 2013 before making Grey since B/W haven't even been out a year outside Japan
So a difference of five or six months makes it too early for the game to be released? Really? Nevermind the fact that Blue and Crystal were released around a year after their sister versions or that HGSS were released three years after Diamond and Pearl.

HGSS were released a whopping five years and eight months after FRLG. You've been told this numerous times and you should be able to do the math by yourself.

So a difference of five or six months makes it too early for the game to be released? Really? Nevermind the fact that Blue and Crystal were released around a year after their sister versions or that HGSS were released three years after Diamond and Pearl.

And so? They couldve released HG/SS any time but GF decided to wait until their 10th anniversay. Even IF FR/LG were released in 06 (which was when D/P were released) their still would've been a 3 year gsp (1996-1999).Your argument has absolutly no water... R/S was released 3 years after G/S so whyy can't the remakes be released in 2012? the whole they qon't remake R/S in 2012 because FR/LG and HG/SS were released 5 years apart is apsolute bullshit. They could've easily release HG/SS in 2007 but they didn't because they wanted to wait for G/S 10 year anniversary.

And yeah I don't count Gen I because they didn't have things set yet. Im talking about Platinum and Emerald thank you very much which were released 2 years after R/S and D/P (Emerald due to FR/LG and no clue on Platinum...) going by the last 2 Gen's we won't get Grey until 2013. because either they'll remake R/S or just not make a game that year (which I doubt will happen... Platinum HG/SS and B/W were released in 08/09/10 and 3's a pattern right?)

I've found that arguing with Articwolf10 is pointless.

In any case, Pokemon Grey is the only thing that makes sense. No Hoenn focus has been shown at all so it is definitely not R/S/E remakes, while on the other hand Kyurem has gotten merchandising along with the musketeers. (Not to mention other gen 5 stuff like the calender)

An alternate form for Kyurem as well as a Keldeo reveal is imminent. All eyes are on Unova, not Hoenn.

Why does it have to be the same song and dance every single time a new thread is posted...

And so? They couldve released HG/SS any time but GF decided to wait until their 10th anniversay. Even IF FR/LG were released in 06 (which was when D/P were released) their still would've been a 3 year gsp (1996-1999).Your argument has absolutly no water... R/S was released 3 years after G/S so whyy can't the remakes be released in 2012? the whole they qon't remake R/S in 2012 because FR/LG and HG/SS were released 5 years apart is apsolute bullshit. They could've easily release HG/SS in 2007 but they didn't because they wanted to wait for G/S 10 year anniversary.
They never said anything about wanting to wait until the anniversary; it makes little sense that they would have delayed the games by years just for the anniversary, only to end up releasing them two months before the actual date. The truth of the matter is that it made sense to release Platinum first because Game Freak clearly worked harder on HGSS.

There have only been two pairs of remakes, and only one them (roughly) coincided with the anniversary of the original games. There is nothing impossible about releasing remakes in 2012, but the anniversary excuse is flimsy at best. You're arbitrarily focusing on the amount of time that has elapsed since the original games were released, when the the previous remakes and the main versions of the current generation are far more relevant.

And yeah I don't count Gen I because they didn't have things set yet. Im talking about Platinum and Emerald thank you very much which were released 2 years after R/S and D/P
I assure you that they had things set out in Generation II. They simply didn't have to contend with any remakes.

(Emerald due to FR/LG and no clue on Platinum...)
Exactly. Without FRLG, Emerald would have been released around a year after Ruby and Sapphire. Why Platinum was released when it was is immaterial; they could have released it in 2007 or early 2008, but then the gap between HGSS and Black and White would have been longer.

going by the last 2 Gen's we won't get Grey until 2013. because either they'll remake R/S or just not make a game that year (which I doubt will happen... Platinum HG/SS and B/W were released in 08/09/10 and 3's a pattern right?)
You have got to be joking. Even if we subscribe to the pattern there is no reason to suspect that Gray won't be out by September 2012; it's the remakes that have a shaky precedent.

Last edited:

I am seriously getting sick and tired of this same damn thing every time.

And I've replied the very same.Anniversaryor not HG/SS would have been released 3 /4 years after FR/LG so that argument has absolutly no bearing.. so no it isn't 'too early' for R/S remakes to be released but it's to soon for Grey to be released as both Emerald and Platinum were rekeased 2 or so years after their original pair. (ex R/S were released in 2002 while Emaerald was released in 2004 and D/P were released in 06 while Platinum was released in 08) and since GF seems to be releasing a new MG every year itlooks like they will wait till 2013 before making Grey since B/W haven't even been out a year outside Japan
Pokémon Gold/Silver = 21st November 1999
Pokémon Crystal = 14th December 2000

Any proof that the reason GameFreak waited was for the 10th anniversary? All I saw was generic nostalgia about Gold and Silver - I don't recall anything about the 10th anniversary being hyped.

And yeah I don't count Gen I because they didn't have things set yet. Im talking about Platinum and Emerald thank you very much which were released 2 years after R/S and D/P (Emerald due to FR/LG and no clue on Platinum...) going by the last 2 Gen's we won't get Grey until 2013. because either they'll remake R/S or just not make a game that year (which I doubt will happen... Platinum HG/SS and B/W were released in 08/09/10 and 3's a pattern right?)
Let's be honest, you don't count Generation I because you don't think it fits with your theory.

Two years. Meaning 2012 will most likely see the release of Grey.

HGSS came out FIVE YEARS after FRLG. Last September marked TWO YEARS since HGSS coming out in Japan. The chances of RSEmakes coming out almost three years after HGSS is unlikely.

Really? are we really fighting over what someone thinks it will happen? crap, let them think what they want, it doesn't mean they're right.

I think this will be Keldeo's reveal, or, as Joshawott pointed out, a Pokémon RéBurst animé adaption would be awesome, although confirmation on RSEmakes wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

Why is it so many hints for Hoenn are disregarded when Johto hints in early 4th Gen started off THE EXACT SAME WAY. First there were only hints by in-game references and game code, just like with Hoenn References in the 5th Gen, so I don't see why Hoenn gets so much biased hate even with Johto references having started off in the exact same pattern.

Also DON'T EVEN expect the references to be in the same kind of style either. Hoenn is a true, isolated region like Sinnoh and Unova are, where Johto is like right next door to Kanto, so references to Hoenn remakes can't necessarily appear in older games like D/P/Pt since Hoenn and the other newer regions are never next to eachother like Kanto and Johto are.

Last edited:

I dont pay much attention to these game release patterns to be honest. People talk about these "patterns" but they could easily be broken if Game Freak decided to break them since its theirs in the first place. Personally I think it could be anything at this point. Im doubtful that its a Pokemon movie although perhaps a Keldeo would be revealed/a new Kyurem form. The point is you never know because this is said to be a surprise announcement leaving me to believe its not something fans would expect, although that could just be TCPI building hype for the announcement. We'll see.

Why is it so many hints for Hoenn are disregarded when Johto hints in early 4th Gen started off THE EXACT SAME WAY. First there were only hints by in-game references and game code, just like with Hoenn References in the 5th Gen, so I don't see why Hoenn gets so much biased hate even with Johto references having started off in the exact same pattern.

Also DON'T EVEN expect the references to be in the same kind of style either. Hoenn is a true, isolated region like Sinnoh and Unova are, where Johto is like right next door to Kanto, so references to Hoenn remakes can't necessarily appear in older games like D/P/Pt since Hoenn and the other newer regions are never next to eachother like Kanto and Johto are.
It's not the idea of Hoenn remakes which is being disputed, it's the fact that whenever there's a hint of some kind of announcement the fanboys/girls jump on it like a weight watchers class on a cake and ignore all evidence brought against their case.

Personally, I think they will happen at some point - but I highly doubt this announcement is them.

I'm really tired of remakes already. I don't think they should make anymore for a while (never again would be nice). I think if they spent more time working on new main games instead of just remaking old ones, they'd be better. BW weren't bad, but I don't think it had much replay value. They need to start putting more effort into these games, instead of holding off all the good stuff until the third version. It is a pretty cheap albeit kind of smart marketing ploy, but I guess they figure people will still buy it regardless, so why not?

It's like Final Fantasy. They know people will still buy the game because of the established name, no matter how shitty the game actually turns out to be.

In regards to this "surprise announcement," I'm not going to expect anything after the PokePark 2 thing. If something does actually come out of this, great. I don't like being overly pessimistic, but seeing as they have a record for hyping things up way too much, I don't think I'm being that much of a downer.

Why is everyone getting so obsessed over "Oh, an announcement, must be a new game"?

Because it's been confirmed earlier that there's going to be a new game released in Spring 2012. With that said, it's perfectly reasonable to think that this announcement involves a game. Personally, I'm not ruling out anything... that means Gray version, RSE remakes, Colosseum/Stadium-esque game, new spin-off, everything under the sun. Not making any guesses myself, but just waiting around before I get my hopes up or down.

As for the earlier/ongoing argument... this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom