• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unkn

I'm really tired of remakes already. I don't think they should make anymore for a while (never again would be nice).

I agree! When I heard that there was a possible Ruby-Sapphire remake, I thought: WHY!? I mean, I understand the Fire Red-Leaf Green, Heart Gold-Soul Silver remakes: They were to make previous generations available to the 3rd and 4th (and now 5th) generations. Ruby and Sapphire are still compatible with gen. 5 games (as long as you transfer them to gen. 4 games first). The only reason I believe that this announcement IS about the Ruby-Sapphire remakes is because that's the only thing I've really heard anything about.

For everyone else: Have any of you heard ANYTHING about Pokemon Grey (and Pokemon Grey isn't even a confirmed name! That's just what everyone is thinking), a gen. 5 Stadium or Colosseum, or even the gen. 5 event Pokemon? All I'm saying is that there has been talk of RS remakes: Masuda replies to tweet regarding remakes of Generation III games - Bulbanews
I know that's not much, but it's something!

As for the pattern theory (these are all Japan release dates FYI):

Pokemon Red and Green: February 27, 1996
Pokemon Blue: October 10, 1996
Pokemon Yellow: September 12, 1998
Pokemon Gold and Silver: November 21, 1999
Pokemon Crystal: December 14, 2000
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire: November 21, 2002
Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green: January 29, 2004
Pokemon Emerald: September 16, 2004
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: September 28, 2006
Pokemon Platinum: September 13, 2008
Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver: September 12, 2009
Pokemon Black and White: September 18, 2010

Does anyone see a pattern?

Re: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unkn

^ Of coarse we haven't, but the Kyurem focus isn't just for show and we all know fully well that he is the 3rd mascot dragon in this generation. His color is Gray and Gray is what you get when you mix Black/White, its just common sense.

Its likely that both a new main series game and Keldeo will be revealed at the same time, with Meloetta and Genesect following afterwards in the coming year. (Maybe early 2013 in Genesect's case possibly)

As for RSE being the only thing heard about it really isn't. A fan was simply asking a question and the guy simply gave him an answer on what he thought about the Hoenn games. If Hoenn were to be announced I'd expect ALOT more focus than whats been had which is barely anything at all. Like said merchandise has been on Kyurem and the musketeers, which means its also likely that movie 15 will feature them & Kyurem.

In the same vein that movie 11 featured Giratina and promoted Platinum the same is likely to happen with Kyurem. Unova has the spotlight right now, so I don't understand why people want the focus to switch back to Hoenn. I am not saying that there won't ever be any RSE remakes, just that now is not the time.

It's not the idea of Hoenn remakes which is being disputed, it's the fact that whenever there's a hint of some kind of announcement the fanboys/girls jump on it like a weight watchers class on a cake and ignore all evidence brought against their case.

Personally, I think they will happen at some point - but I highly doubt this announcement is them.
And all of those people who do probably worship G/S like it's god or something.

Honestly if it's ANYTHING related to the mainseries at all, it's a console game on the Wii. Currently there is no mainseries console game that B/W can connect to at all, so it makes a lot of sense. Just what they plan to do with it is what I don't know. It could be like Stadium or Stadium 2, or it could be like Colosseum and XD, or it could be related to PBR. Or they can take it in a completely different direction and result in a game closer to the handhelds instead of that stupid Shadow Pokemon crap over actual random encounter Wild Pokemon.

But here's something to have in mind:

It's the early days of Gen IV and there's hints for G/S Remakes, would everyone acknowledge it? YES, because they call G/S the best games of the series.

Now it's the early days of Gen V similar to today and there's hints for R/S remakes, would everyone acknowledge it? NO, because Gen 3 is where all the complaints to the series began and people call them Pokemon was changed for the worse since then.

It's pretty simple to get biased on a situation like that.

Last edited:

Now it's the early days of Gen V similar to today and there's hints for R/S remakes, would everyone acknowledge it? NO, because Gen 3 is where all the complaints to the series began and people call them Pokemon was changed for the worse since then.

It's pretty simple to get biased on a situation like that.

What hints? There is nothing in the games that I've seen that fits that, quite the opposite, shoving Hoenn legendaries and starters into HGSS tells me that they want to make them available for some time.

I'm expecting a "standard" third version, while I would have preferred something a bit different (a radically changed Unova game), I'm not that optimistic. I would really begin to wonder if this didn't end up being a game announcement. Wonder when Keldeo will be revealed, earlier or at Jump Festa?

^Same reason Mewtwo and the birds were retconned into HG/SS, as well as the Kanto Starters being obtainable and the Creation Trio event. Clearly Game Freak wanted to avoid people having to get so many games inorder to complete the National Dex. God why do so many people use that as evidence against R/S remakes when it's CLEARLY the fact the DSi and 3DS LACK GBA SLOTS for these Pokemon.

InfernoRed and ForestGreen, calling it right now.

I really doubt they are remaking FR/LG. I dont know why so many people think this. We just had a game with Kanto in it, HG/SS, so why would they do that.?

Whereas Lugia/Ho-Oh were event, Johto starters were difficult to obtain and the roamers were one per FrLg save. Considering that the requirements for gen IV-V trading is the same as gen IV internally, whereas gen III-IV required the use of something that was pretty phased out when HGSS were launched doesn't turn this into a hint pro-Hoenn at all, quite the opposite. It's not the same situation.

The Birds, again. They were put into Platinum yet despite that STILL made an appearence in HG/SS. How would Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza be any different? Also, I have three words for ya.

REGIROCK.

REGICE.

REGISTEEL.

Those 3 were never added into HG/SS, and they're event only in Platinum. That's more like a need for R/S remakes to get non-event Regis there.

Again, no one is really disputing RSE remakes. Its just that the last remakes came out barely 3 years ago (heck its still 2 years right now) so the chance of the announcement being remakes is... low, very very low. I would not want remakes being released so close together because that means the focus has shifted to remakes instead of original and new quality games.

If there have to be RSE remakes then let it be in gen 6, and let it be on the 3DS a few years from now. 2015/2016 seems more plausible a date. Hopefully if thats the case then let that be the last remake, but if they eventually release it on the VC console then theres hardly any point for a remake.

Also no Hoenn focus right now means no Hoenn games. Nothing in the anime nor merchandising hints at Hoenn being remade or announced any time soon.

The Birds, again. They were put into Platinum yet despite that STILL made an appearence in HG/SS. How would Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza be any different?

To get rid of the need of Kanto in the future. So that they didn't have to remake that as well. I can't really give an answer to why they put the birds in HGSS when they were in Platinum, but Mewtwo does make some sense at least (and birds naturally associated with Kanto in Kanto isn't groundbreaking either). Putting the entire creation trio and the roamers into HGSS makes little sense though.

Also, I have three words for ya.

REGIROCK.

REGICE.

REGISTEEL.

Those 3 were never added into HG/SS, and they're event only in Platinum. That's more like a need for R/S remakes to get non-event Regis there.

So what? They could be added to a third version of Unova if Gamefreak desires. As much as their "event" by those standards, considering all gen IV games had a Pal Park and them not being event in gen III, I doubt they had the need to stuff them into HGSS as well with the rest of the Hoenn legendaries. Also, weren't the TRU Regigigas easier to get than MysticTicket? Or they wanted them to stay events, one trio isn't good enough reason to remake a game when it can be solved differently. You don't need Hoenn to get the Regi's, Platinum showed that much.

But regardless, these aren't any hints. Where is the actual, concrete hints of Hoenn remakes, and I'd be more inclined to believe that Hoenn remakes are viable at the time.

REGIROCK.

REGICE.

REGISTEEL.
These Pokémon are so rare and elusive that they're not even among the top 52 Pokémon in the Dream World poll... Few people remember they exist.

In all seriousness, Gray is probably going to make at least one trio of older legendaries catchable.

I already know its going to be that new Mystery Dungeon. Im calling it.

I already know its going to be that new Mystery Dungeon. Im calling it.
That new Mystery Dungeon? You mean the one that is being worked on by a company that is already busy developing another 3DS game?

That new Mystery Dungeon? You mean the one that is being worked on by a company that is already busy developing another 3DS game?
Idk, I just want it to be a Mystery Dungeon game. Dont ruin my hopes ;-)

To get rid of the need of Kanto in the future. So that they didn't have to remake that as well. I can't really give an answer to why they put the birds in HGSS when they were in Platinum, but Mewtwo does make some sense at least (and birds naturally associated with Kanto in Kanto isn't groundbreaking either). Putting the entire creation trio and the roamers into HGSS makes little sense though.

So what? They could be added to a third version of Unova if Gamefreak desires. As much as their "event" by those standards, considering all gen IV games had a Pal Park and them not being event in gen III, I doubt they had the need to stuff them into HGSS as well with the rest of the Hoenn legendaries. Also, weren't the TRU Regigigas easier to get than MysticTicket? Or they wanted them to stay events, one trio isn't good enough reason to remake a game when it can be solved differently. You don't need Hoenn to get the Regi's, Platinum showed that much.

But regardless, these aren't any hints. Where is the actual, concrete hints of Hoenn remakes, and I'd be more inclined to believe that Hoenn remakes are viable at the time.

Too early for hints. Just like the early days of last gen, since we're at the same point at that Gen to be too early for concrete hints. Johto was merely in-game references and game code at first, so far that's all R/S remakes are as well, yet so many people STILL believed in HG/SS for the same reasons I posted above: Everyone is biased and say G/S was the best and R/S was the worst, where in reality, THE EXACT OPPOSITE WAS TRUE. I NEVER heard of any concrete evidence of HG/SS until they were first getting announced, which was about 2-3 years into Gen IV. We're only 1 year into Gen V for comparison, so why do you expect such hints to exist so early?

Oh people, it's useless to argue over whether or not there are going to be Remakes, and that's not even what the thread's about.

I'm expecting something small.........Every time there is an announcement it's far too overhyped.

Everyone remember: This is only an announcement! If they do announce a new game, it probably won't be out for another year or two!

I'm still leaning toward a Ruby-Sapphire remake. I still feel like it's not necessary to remake them, but that's just because I still have a copy of Sapphire and a DS Lite to transfer the Pokemon. But the dual slot is becoming obsolete and it is harder to transfer Pokemon to Black-White from Ruby-Sapphire. So they may be doing it to make it easier to get R-S Pokemon for B-W.

I really doubt they are remaking FR/LG. I dont know why so many people think this. We just had a game with Kanto in it, HG/SS, so why would they do that.?

They may actually remake Fire Red-Leaf Green, but only if they remake Ruby-Sapphire first. Like I said, the dual slot feature is almost ancient history. They might remake all of the GBA Pokemon games (except for Emerald) for the DS or maybe even make them for the 3DS.

Who knows, maybe the announcement is that they are making the switch to 3DS games only and totally abandoning the DS, DS Lite, ect.

They may actually remake Fire Red-Leaf Green

Kanto has been in 4 Generations straight. I honestly don't want to see a remake of Kanto until the DS slot is no longer in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom