• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unkn

If they do announce a new game, it probably won't be out for another year or two!

A new game is set for release this spring, so I think you meant another month or two. Never have I remembered them announcing a game and waiting a year or two to release it.

As for switching to the 3DS and abandoning the DS thats doubtful. They have already said earlier this year they are planning on continuing taking care of the DS owners. Like I keep saying over and over, all gamefreak has to do is simply release ONE final Pokemon main series game on the DS before closing it off.

Ironically, one main series game is left for Unova and thats Pokemon Gray. Its far easier, to simply release Gray now and close off Pokemon and gen 5 on the DS platform, than it is to prolong its lifespan and release remakes on the DS.

Re: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unkn

^Why would they remake Kanto AGAIN for the 5th Time in a row? Kanto has already appeared in 4 gens already, so haven't we seen enough of Kanto for once? Good god, nobody seems to make any sense when they bring up the idea of FR/LG remakes and aren't even happy to see that Kanto has appeared in pretty much every Generation so far. Hopefully Gen V will be the FIRST generation WITHOUT Kanto for once.

You could say Kanto is a tradition for every generation. Haha.

All I'm saying is that IF they do remake R-S, they would probably remake FR-LG. GBA is extinct, but people still like (at least I do) reliving old memories. They don't like playing on a fossilized game system though. So what I think might happen is that they will announce that they will remake R-S, start developing it, and then a few years later (after Pokemon Grey is finally released), put out FR-LG remakes for the 3DS. I'm not saying it WILL happen, I'm just saying it COULD happen.

A new game is set for release this spring, so I think you meant another month or two. Never have I remembered them announcing a game and waiting a year or two to release it.

I'm thinking that they are going to announce a NEW and DIFFERENT game since they already announced that game. Although, IF this isn't a big announcement, they could be telling what the game is going to be. But I really think this announcement is going to be about something they are planning for the future, say, a year or two from now.

All I'm saying is that IF they do remake R-S, they would probably remake FR-LG. GBA is extinct, but people still like (at least I do) reliving old memories. They don't like playing on a fossilized game system though.

How is playing on the GBA any different from playing on the DS, except somewhat better graphics and two screens. The game isn't altered at all, only your perception of it perhaps. If you want to play old games, then I think it's reasonable to expect to have to use old consoles.

If the only problem is playing them on old consoles/cartridges then that is what the VC on the 3DS is for, to remedy that problem. While at the same time allowing classic gameplay.

Remakes are starting to have far too much a centralizing focus on the fandom it seems. I'd rather we all move on and not get locked into endless remakes.

How is playing on the GBA any different from playing on the DS, except somewhat better graphics and two screens. The game isn't altered at all, only your perception of it perhaps. If you want to play old games, then I think it's reasonable to expect to have to use old consoles.

It IS different! Try playing an older game. I'll bet you'll try and use a touch screen that isn't there! When Pokemon went to the DS, things changed! Whenever you battle, you always use the touch screen (at least I do). When you play an old Game Boy version Pokemon game, it's different!

It IS different! Try playing an older game. I'll bet you'll try and use a touch screen that isn't there! When Pokemon went to the DS, things changed! Whenever you battle, you always use the touch screen (at least I do). When you play an old Game Boy version Pokemon game, it's different!

Uh, I've been playing Sapphire, and I've never really noticed the lack of touch screen. The 3rd gen games really don't feel that out-of-date. There's things like the Berry glitch and the lack of phys/spe split, yes, but none of those are seriously game-breaking the way, say, GSC's inability to save the game once the internal battery died was. I don't see why they need to be remade right away. Wait until gen 6, at least.

What I want to ask for those who want Gray for the DS is how are they suppose to put new features when B&W filled up the DS cartridge's memory? They can't add move tutors, new areas, and the Battle Frontier for this reason so they may have to move it to the 3DS?

What I want to ask for those who want Gray for the DS is how are they suppose to put new features when B&W filled up the DS cartridge's memory? They can't add move tutors, new areas, and the Battle Frontier for this reason so they may have to move it to the 3DS?

They could use bankswitching and memory controllers to get past that. Sure, it would drive up cart prices, but if they can throw an IR sensor in the cart then they sure can add bankswitching, I know it's possible. Plus, that would also make it harder to pirate and copy too.

Plus, I heard somewhere there was at least 50mb of extra space in BW.

Uh, I've been playing Sapphire, and I've never really noticed the lack of touch screen. The 3rd gen games really don't feel that out-of-date. There's things like the Berry glitch and the lack of phys/spe split, yes, but none of those are seriously game-breaking the way, say, GSC's inability to save the game once the internal battery died was. I don't see why they need to be remade right away. Wait until gen 6, at least.

you do releaize that R/S cant' be played on the DSi and 3DS...the DSp/l are deader then dico... and I have a feeling that the next game will pulla Crystal and put it on the 3DS (plus when Dash was put on the DS the last GBA game was RRT which it's partner was on the DS doesn't really count so snce they put a side game on the 3DS already it makes no sense to leave the main game on the DS)

you do releaize that R/S cant' be played on the DSi and 3DS...the DSp/l are deader then dico... and I have a feeling that the next game will pulla Crystal and put it on the 3DS (plus when Dash was put on the DS the last GBA game was RRT which it's partner was on the DS doesn't really count so snce they put a side game on the 3DS already it makes no sense to leave the main game on the DS)
I realise that. Which is why I bought a used GBA off e-bay for like 60 bucks. It's not that hard to get one, really.
And the only way Grey could "pull a Crystal" would be if Black and White had been advertised for the 3DS despite still playing on the DS. But they weren't, so Grey is likely to be playable on the DS as well.

I realise that. Which is why I bought a used GBA off e-bay for like 60 bucks. It's not that hard to get one, really.
And the only way Grey could "pull a Crystal" would be if Black and White had been advertised for the 3DS despite still playing on the DS. But they weren't, so Grey is likely to be playable on the DS as well.

How the fuck are they going to advertise for a sytem that wasn't even ANNOUNCED when they were revealed? And GF has been workng with a 3DS kit since 09...

and you expect people to buy a GBA really? thats an absolutly horrible idea peope are not going to buy a dead system to play a 10 year old game. .. The fact that the 3DS hadn't been announced when B/W were revleaed and the fact that GF has been working with a 3DS kit for a long time AND the fact that the 3DSwill be a year old is why I think pokemon has offically move to the 3DS with Rumble... look a Dash RRT was paired wth a DS game...

Local independent game stores still have a good selection of used GBA games.

Also, there won't be a crystal remake. Ever.

Local independent game stores still have a good selection of used GBA games.

Also, there won't be a crystal remake. Ever.
-face-palm- yuou completly missed the point I meant like Crystal I meant it woukld be exlusive for the 3DS like Crystal was for the GBC

Way off topic guys. This isn't the place to argue which games are getting remade. Not every thread about an announcement needs to denigrate into a remake thread.

I personally don't think that the reveal will be Keldeo I mean Gamefreak wouldn't make so much hype for something that they know there fans exist but that's my opinion.What I do believe is that the reveal will be a main series game I'm leaning more towards the side of Gray but you never know things don't have to be done by the book I'm very much on the fence about this news.

Ok. Well, in that case..........

MDMDMDMDMDMDMDMDMD!!!!!! It's been so long, I'd love to make another trip to the Guild, and ride on Lapras' back.....

I honestly don't think that it will be Gray, it seems a bit too early. For me, a 3DS MD or Ranger makes sense. And/or a Wii Stadium-ish type game.

and you expect people to buy a GBA really? thats an absolutly horrible idea peope are not going to buy a dead system to play a 10 year old game. .. The fact that the 3DS hadn't been announced when B/W were revleaed and the fact that GF has been working with a 3DS kit for a long time AND the fact that the 3DSwill be a year old is why I think pokemon has offically move to the 3DS with Rumble... look a Dash RRT was paired wth a DS game...

THANK YOU!!! My point exactly! I have Sapphire, but I hate playing on a fossil! When you've been playing on a DS for a while, you don't want to go back to an old GBA.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of an update to R-S.

But when B-W came out,they DID say that it had extra features exclusive to the upcoming 3DS. So a switch over to 3DS is very possible!

THANK YOU!!! My point exactly! I have Sapphire, but I hate playing on a fossil! When you've been playing on a DS for a while, you don't want to go back to an old GBA.

Ummm... I still play a Gameboy. Plus I prefer the GBA to a DS.

But when B-W came out,they DID say that it had extra features exclusive to the upcoming 3DS. So a switch over to 3DS is very possible!

I don't remember any special features. Would you please elaborate?

I don't remember any special features. Would you please elaborate?

I heard that B-W have 3D capabilities when played on the 3DS, I just don't remember where I heard it from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom