• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unkn

I dunno why GF are stalling, but not everything is known yet right Silktree? Hopefully theres still a chance.
We don't know anything concrete, but I'm worried that there is too little hype for this to be a main series game. They haven't indicated that the game information will be a big deal, which is odd now that the event is only two weeks away. But more importantly, the Genius Sonority listing is a pretty big hint that can't be ignored.

- Kyurem's moves ColdFlare/FreezeBolt are not for an alternate form, but for the movie event, and they will be treated just like Victini and V-Create.
Possibly, but I think that would be redundant, as the event would be followed by a game release where yet another Kyurem would be available.

Re: Surprise announcement to be revealed at Jump Festa: Subject matter currently unkn

Genius Sonority is going to be at this thing? Interesting...

I'm not getting my hopes up for a new game, because I read that it didn't specifically say a completely new game, for all we know it's just more info on a game we already know about, i.e PokéPark

I'm still positive that a new game will be announced. I mean, they already confirmed that PokePark 2 and the BW chess will be present in the booth, and yet they still have that "surprise announcement" and "latest Pokemon game information" posted on their site. If the latest game information is about the PokePark 2, then they should have it removed already. A new Pokemon game will be released in Spring 2012, so this is the right time to announce it, either by Jump Festa or by Coro Coro. I'm sure they will announce both Keldeo and the new Pokemon game at Jump Festa, with Movie 15 being announced on Oha Suta. :)

Genious sonority... XD sequel perhaps (Crosses fingers).

Again, there's going to be a Pokemon chess game? When was this announced? I've never heard of it until this thread. o_o

Again, there's going to be a Pokemon chess game? When was this announced? I've never heard of it until this thread. o_o
Same Here I have never heard anything about it.

It was announced three weeks ago and is set to be released on December 26th, but since it's the kind of thing that is unlikely to ever be released outside Japan (see Battrio), the big fansites didn't see fit to mention it. Just browse the official website if you're interested.

Last edited:

Possibly, but I think that would be redundant, as the event would be followed by a game release where yet another Kyurem would be available.

It depends on how different Kyurem is suppose to be in Pokemon Grey. If they release ColdFlare/FreezeBolt as movie event moves, then theres not much point (events give something special) indeed for them to do that if thats one of the the main features of its supposed alternate form in Grey.

But, if Kyurem has something else to it besides those moves (like a possible type change) then it could be justified. They could even throw in a new signature move for it, as well as a new ability. I think that its possible since the idea of them sticking to the DS gets slimmer the more time passes on, and if its on a whole new platform the idea of whole new features like this can be implemented.

Of coarse, this is only if Grey doesn't come out anytime soon.

But, if Kyurem has something else to it besides those moves (like a possible type change) then it could be justified. They could even throw in a new signature move for it, as well as a new ability. I think that its possible since the idea of them sticking to the DS gets slimmer the more time passes on, and if its on a whole new platform the idea of whole new features like this can be implemented.
Right now, ColdFlare and FreezeBolt aren't even very good, being variants of Sky Attack. Game Freak could pull off a twist where those moves wouldn't even be associated with Gray, but why? Does Kyurem need more than three signature moves? What it really needs is an ability that would make its hidden moves useful by eliminating the wasted turn. Gray could make that possible (and the switch to the 3DS is actually rather irrelevant), but in that case ColdFlare and FreezeBolt shouldn't be event-exclusive.

As for the movie promotion, Keldeo should be the focus. As I've said before, the secondary distribution could very well be the Musketeer trio, as they're needed to unlock the Secret Sword event. Considering that movie events have never been hard to unlock (the biggest requirement was defeating Team Rocket for the HGSS Ilex Forest event, which could be done with just five badges if you skipped to Mahogany right after Ecruteak), I would be surprised if players had to catch the Musketeer trio just for one move. Making them downloadable (with some added perks) would make it fairer for those who don't like catching legendaries.

I'm more curious as to what, if anything, the event Keldeo will unlock in Gray. The idea of Keldeo also having a Forme is very uninspired, so what I'd like to see is a story-driven event. If the game is released in September, that will also be a good time to reveal Meloetta via a Wi-Fi event.

Of coarse, this is only if Grey doesn't come out anytime soon.
I think that's beside the point as far as the movie promotion is concerned. Either way, the gap between the movie download and game release will most likely be short, so the idea of an event Kyurem in addition to the in-game one just seems awkward to me.

Last edited:

A Pokemon chess game? Will it be computer-based or an actual set like the Mario chess game being sold here?

It's an actual set.

I see, well I'm curious to see if the two endgame legendaries will end up being the king for their respective sides or both the king and queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom