• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Surprising Pokemon Stats

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
What aspects of a Pokemon surprised you and make you go "huh, I could have sworn that this Pokemon is faster/taller/has a higher/has a lower (insert stat here) stat? I'm talking something like, a Pokemon being slower/faster than it should be; being taller/shorter than it should be. Things like that.

Veluza.
Just everything about it.
Its Speed is the worst offender obviously, considering you can barely outrun it in the overworld and its name is derived from the Spanish word for fast but it's on par with a literal snail (Wo-Chien) and it's outsped by MAGIKARP, but its defensive stats are weirdly high for something whose main thing is cutting off its own flesh. Like, its design CLEARLY wants it to look like a glass cannon with crazy speed and great attack in exchange for ass-tier defence, but its stats just SCREAM master of nyone. It wants to be Barraskewda SYO BAD but Game Freak just isn't letting it

Cranidos with 125 base attack. This one is really funny because that base attack stat is flat out higher than several legendaries.

i think froslass' stats are kinda infuritating. it's like game freak either a) intended for it to be a mixed attacker (which... i think would be a poor choice for it?) b) couldn't decide whether to make froslass physical or special so opted for a middle ground, in which it excels at exactly neither. its stats are ALL middling except for speed, which is fine, good actually, but when you don't hit very hard, and you're not meant to be defensive, then what's the point?

i think froslass' stats are kinda infuritating. it's like game freak either a) intended for it to be a mixed attacker (which... i think would be a poor choice for it?) b) couldn't decide whether to make froslass physical or special so opted for a middle ground, in which it excels at exactly neither. its stats are ALL middling except for speed, which is fine, good actually, but when you don't hit very hard, and you're not meant to be defensive, then what's the point?
idk why they did that either but it means i can run physical attacker froslass in nu on showdown which catches ppl off guard. syo. it's okay for me

Groudon and Arbok are the same height (11 feet, 6 inches). It's weird to me that a snake is as long as Groudon is tall. Groudon I feel should be much taller than that (like Kaiju size as depicted in the anime). Groudon shaped the land, so it being the size of Godzilla makes more sense than 11 feet.

Trapinch's Attack stat. Granted, those teeth aren't just for show, but its Attack being as strong as Flygon is surprising to say the least.
For me, it is less that Trapinch shares Flygon's Attack and more that its Attack is higher than Vibrava's.

Back
Top Bottom