• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Surprisingly, Disappointingly Easy Battles

Torterra Trainer

タイタス
Reaction score
So what are some major battles in Black/White have you found to be either surprisingly or disappointingly easy.

I know for me it was that lame excuse for a Gym Leader Brycen. I swept his entire team with my Boldore even though it isn't the fastest thing in town, and I even had my unused Emboar left at the end of the battle so if Boldore went down I could still whip out my Emboar but still. Don't you think a Gym Leader could be a bit more challenging.

Oh, and what's with the Gym Leaders having a max of 3 pokemon. I think that's one of the reasons why they are so easy, but anyway.

Okay, Bulbagarden Forums, whatcha think?

The first gym, if only because the second gym hands your ass to you out of nowhere.

Brycen. He redefined 'pushover'.

But if you included the Elite Four, I'd have to say Caitlin. I have my Samurott use Fury Cutter to the MAX on her Musharna, then can easily sweep the rest of her team.

Skyla and Brycen for me. They were pretty much cakewalks. Burgh was pretty easy for me as well. Every other major battle I think was decent. It's been a while since I played the main story so I don't remember all the battles.

Oh, and the E4 wasn't too difficult the first time around. I haven't battled them again yet.

All of them. seriously. They all felt like a walk in the path.

1st Gym: Against Cress, Herdier raped his team.
2nd Gym; Arm thrust with pignite to the max.
3rd Gym; Pignite. Clean sweep.
4th gym; Sandile. But Emolga was an ass, so I used Zebstrika.
5th gym; Palpitoad. Clean sweep.
6th Gym; Zebstrika. Clean sweep.
7th gym; Emboar. Clean sweep.
8th gym; Beartic. Clean sweep.

The E4 are harder, but I find Caitlin too easy. I still find myself surprised that my team would come out of a battle against Caitlin unharmed.

Volcarona is an ass btw.

Don't get me started on Rivals and Villainous teams....

:bounce:
I think that the team of Ghetsis was super easy, especially his Hydreigon. Everyone I knew said he was hard, but I just needed my Scrafty, Pants, to beat him in two hits. (High jump kicks needed.):bounce:

All of them. seriously. They all felt like a walk in the path.

1st Gym: Against Cress, Herdier raped his team.
(text)

I don't even need to read further. Your point is invalid because you were obviously overleveled from the very beginning. Of course the leaders are easy if you have your Pokémon several levels above theirs. >_>

I didn't have really trouble with most of the leaders but none of them were pushovers.

I don't even need to read further. Your point is invalid because you were obviously overleveled from the very beginning. Of course the leaders are easy if you have your Pokémon several levels above theirs. >_>

True. My Pokémon were at their 40s by the 6th gym. That's mainly because there were so many redundant Rival and Plasma grunt battles.

I think that the team of Ghetsis was super easy, especially his Hydreigon. Everyone I knew said he was hard, but I just needed my Scrafty, Pants, to beat him in two hits. (High jump kicks needed.):bounce:

I used my Nageki (Throh) myself.

The Gym Leaders after Lenora, then Elesa, every time I battled N, and Ghetsis. They were so much easier than they should have been.

I swept Burgh with Darumaka, Clay with Leavanny and Dewott (even though I could have used Leavanny alone), Skyla with Zestrika, Brycen with Sawk (and his entire gym), and Iris with Vanilluxe and Haxorus.

I took out all the gym leaders easily, but Brycen was especially egregious. It only took three Fire Punches from Bane (my Darmantian) to defeat him.

Brycen and Iris.

I thought they'd be tougher, but I guess Emboar and Stoutland (& Shell Bell) respectively obliterated them.

Basically every Gym besides Lenora's is easy. (Lenora's tough because at that point, Herdier's Take Down is painful, and Watchog is very annoying with Hypnosis and Confuse Ray.) I hope the inevitable Gray Version gives us more of a challenge (and some damn rematches).

All of the gym leaders for the most part, but especially Brycen. Then again, at that point I had 3 (Simisear, Victini, and Darmanitan) fire types on my team and ice has never really been the best type. Overall I beat almost all of them without any of my pokemon fainting. I raised my team well and at every gym my team was maybe at the level of the gym leaders strongest pokemon or a few levels above it.

Recently, my battle with Drayden. I thought he's destroy my Cryogonal with his Fraxure. But Bit one-shotted him.
His Druddigon went up against my own Fraxure, Amon. I was only hoping to stall until I could think up a strategy. But Amon one-shotted him with Dragon Claw.
Amon also battled Haxorus. I was hoping he could just do a little damage, making it easier for Bit. But Amon outsped its evolved form (which was 2 levels ahead, mind you) and one-shotted him, too.

*cough* That was...yeah.

There is one battle that I could have saved the trouble by making the situation easier, and that is Elesa's battle. Basically, I could have used Stealth Rock because Emolgas hate Stealth Rock (Dwebble gets it very early after capture).

Anyway, I was expecting Clay to be tougher, but he wasn't. He sent out Excadrill very early because Servine was on the field, because Palpitoad hates that snake I guess. Because of this, I was able to defeat the mole, thanks to a powerful Leaf Blade (forgot if it's a crit or not). However, Duosion was the one facing that Palpitoad. Burgh was clearly easy to handle, because of Darumaka's services.

Marshal, being the first to face, was also essentially easy to face, only using two Pokemon to battle (Crustle and Serperior). Serperior was basically chosen because I had Aerial Ace and Coil at that time, which is handy against those Pokemon. What actually surprised me was Mienshao using U-turn on Serperior (and survive) at a very low health. However, I got Stealth Rock up, so you know what that means when all the others were knocked out.

Grimsley was also easy after I got Scrafty out of the way, with the risk of putting Jellicent in the picture, because I have Will-O-Wisp and Cursed Body to make Scrafty not as threatening. All the others were put to misery out of Fighting attacks from others.

Thanks for reading.

Drayden, I expected the last Gym to be a little tougher.
Compared to Claire he's a pushover.

The Elite Four were also disappointingly easy, beat them on my first try even though my team was underleveled.

I actually find the Gym Leaders pretty tricky, though that may be because I don't use more pokémon than them when I battle them (The rest is deposited in the PC). The Elite Four, though, are complete pushovers. The first one you battle is kind of tricky, but because they're all the same level the ones after that are easy as cake.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom