• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Surprisingly, Disappointingly Easy Battles

Burgh's gym was really too easy for me. Piece of cake with Pignite and Flame Charge/Rollout.

Pretty much all of the trainers. I have yet to white out, and I'm at 95:00.

Basically every Gym besides Lenora's is easy. (Lenora's tough because at that point, Herdier's Take Down is painful, and Watchog is very annoying with Hypnosis and Confuse Ray.) I hope the inevitable Gray Version gives us more of a challenge (and some damn rematches).

Heck yes to that.

But seriously, I want some kind of challenge. I mean, the 3 pokemon limit really got on my nerves. Part of the reason was because I have this thing with the battle music...I love it. I would rather it last a little longer, especially for some of the later Gym Leaders.

I really hope Grey alleviates that.

I found the majority of the gyms kinda easy really, and, as quite a few have already said, Brycen was just too easy...

However, now that I'm going through my second playthrough on my Black, I'm seem to be finding them slightly trickier. However that could be just because I'm trying to go for more of an unique team this time around...

Oh yeah! Grey needs to fix re-matches, so they can be tougher and the epic music can be re-listened to!

Alder!

He wasn't surprisingly, disappointingly easy, just surprisingly easy.

I thought I was going to have to battle him a couple times before winning for sure!

His Volcarona wasn't that hard to beat actually.

The gyms and E4 members that I brought type advantages into were, as expected, very easy. I actually ended up ignoring type advantages and disallowing myself to switch out non-fainted Pokémon to give myself a challenge. To be fair, though, this probably comes from the inherent ease through type advantage and having played these games for at least ten years. In particular, I remember that going into Clay's battle with a well-leveled Dewott like I did left me at a ridiculous advantage, and being able to challenge myself into sweeping Brycen's entire team with just my Larvesta.

My Pokemon usually are very under-leveled compared to the gym leaders because, I don't worry about training and levels and certain moves. I just wing it. Also I only use the number of pokes the leader uses it's fair and the win is nicer and it's more of a challenge that's just my philosophy. The Nacrene Gym and Striaton Gym were pretty hard. I would have been screwed against Burgh if it wasn't for those lucky critical hit. Right now after having the game for 2 months almost I just made it to Nimbasa City.

But, N's battles have been pretty easy. Pikachu has taken care of him easily. Bianca too.

N was surprisingly easy to defeat, or maybe I just remember battling Ghetsis directly afterwards. But in my defense to that battle, I had no one SE on Hydregion (sp?). Anyways, the last few gym leaders were pretty pathetic. I swear the trainers in the 8th gym were better than the gym leader.

The whole Mistralton Gym. Entered, Acrobactics, Acrobactics, Acrobactics, Acrobactics, Acrobactics, Acrobactics, Acrobactics, Acrobactics, Acrobactics, Acrobactics, badge. It wasn't even super-effective, for heavens sake...

And both rivals, too.

In fact, the only trainers who made me sweat have been Ghetsis and a couple of trainers from Nimbasa Stadium and Court. And no, I haven't been overleveled.

Last edited:
Skyla's Pokemon were all OHKO'd by my Galvantula.

Brycen I beat with ease even though none of my Pokemon had attacks that were super effective against his team.

Ghetsis, I probably just had the right team but he was a pushover. The only Pokemon that annoyed me was Cofagrigus. He had pushovers like Bouffalant, Seismitoad, and Bisharp taking up space. Eelektross isn't a pushover, but he didn't give me any trouble. Hydreigon died in a single Jump Kick from my Mienshao in white and X-Scissor from my Leavanny in Black.

Marshal and Shauntal are more difficult IMO.

I think the battle with Cheren before going to battle the E4 first time, maybve because I had over leveled my guys a bunch to make sure I was prepared. (had them all at level 57 i think for E4 for first time were prop at 50 or so when fighting him)

Lenora. I was expecting her Watchog to spam Retaliation and Hypnosis but she never used Hypnosis and only used Retaliation once in White version and not in Black version at all, and never at that golden moment.

A little bit of raw strength and a little bit of preparation and she went down easily.

Oh yeah, Burgh, Skyla, and Brycen were OK.

Me: Okay Victini I'll teach you this move so you'll deal with water types easier *uses Charge Beam TM on Victini*

Skyla: Okay lets see what you got

Me: Alrighty then, Victini just blast those birds.

many spams later

Skyla: Wow you have what it takes, here's the badge.

Me: .......Wow that was as easy as Drillburs win agianst Elesa

Yeah Ghetsis for me was actually pretty easy once Hydreigon or w/e went down. But after that...

La la la la la just messing around, just beat the game, hey look a trainer! Oh cool, first trainer after beating the Elite 4 for the first time, I wonder what he's gonna hav- Oh my god level 62?!

Yeah that was actually easy

Brycen. Seriously, how did he become a Gym Leader? Also Iris, Cilian, Bianca, Burgh and Skyla.

The only Gym Leaders that put up a good fight were Lenora, Elesa and Clay

For me, it was probably Burgh. Because not only did I take out his first two with ease, he then sent out Leavanny. At the time, all I had was a Sewaddle, whom hadn't evolved yet, and I decided to send it out thinking "it could be a meatshield, because this is going to be SOOO tough to beat."

One bugbite from my underleveld sewaddle and the badge is mine.
:disgust:

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom