• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Surprisingly, Disappointingly Easy Battles

Lenora. Everyone says she was hard but it was pretty easy for me. Possibly because I went and caught a Sawk before challenging her.

The Cheren Victory Road battle, although to be fair, every single one of my Pokémon was over his Pokémon's levels, and I probably did that battle much later than I was actually supposed to.

Lenora. Everyone says she was hard but it was pretty easy for me. Possibly because I went and caught a Sawk before challenging her.

For me, it was a Throh.

I decided to take a short break from SoulSilver and I went against the E4 and Alder.
The E4 was kinda hard, specially Mashal.
So, I was a little nervous about Alder, after beating the E4, I challenged him... and I won. Without a single member of my team knocked out, I basically used only three Pokémon of my team.
So yeah, Alder is the weakest of the 5 champions.

Lenora was extremely easy for me. All I had to do was take out Herdier with Roggenrola, then have Roggenarola spam Mud-Slap on Watchog till it couldn't make a single hit, then switch out Dewott and finish it off.
So far, all the Gym Leaders have been too easy. >_<

All of the Gym Leaders, Ghetsis and N. The Elite Four wasn't too much of a challenge, but they did keep me on my toes.

rivals were really easy, I only struggled with Iris and Lenora, the elite four wasnt hard but took a while to take down. N was always easy and Ghetsis was like the elite four :) a big step down from DP, ugh those gym leaders were horrible haha.

Elite Four II was pretty easy. I pretty much blazed through every battle except the Champion's.

But then again, my Pokémon were all at Level 75... >_>

I thought the Elite Four was super easy. I could actually beat it on the first try this time, while taking quite a few tries to beat it in my Pearl.

Several of the gym leaders, but that's pretty unavoidable. After playing the games for over a decade, walking in on a monotype team is almost stupidly easy. After Clay's gym I started saving my 'mon with type advangates for last to give myself a bit of a challenge. Other than that, Plasma and my rivals hardly put up a fight until Chargestone Cave. To be fair, my starter was way over-leveled until around the time I fought Clay, since my team only consisted of two members at that time, and the other was traded. I'm sure they were challenging to others - I just set myself up too well. Time for self-imposed challenges, I guess.

Just finished battling the Elite 4 for the 2nd time with their ravamped teams. (This is the first time i've faced them after N and Ghetsis.) I'm gonna go ahead and say that as a champion, Alder's a joke. His Oh so mighty Volcarona went down after one Surf attack and the rest of his team was more of the same. Its laughable how right before the battle he claimed to be the most powerful trainer in Unova. I had a harder time with N and Ghetsis the first time around.

Just so you know what I was packing, my team consisted of:

Samurott Lv 72
Victini Lv 73
Unfezant Lv 70
Darmanitan Lv 72
Cobalion Lv 70
Zekrom Lv 73

NOTE: I didn't even use the last 2.

To be fair, you had Victini, which has 100Base stats in everything, and is Fire-type, which is super effective against a lot of his Pokémon.

Oh, and I also found Cheren to be a lot easier to beat than Bianca. Which is weird, because he's the one who becomes "stronger" and moves on to victory road. Seems a little unfair to Bianca, considering she was more of a challenge.

To be fair, you had Victini, which has 100Base stats in everything, and is Fire-type, which is super effective against a lot of his Pokémon.

True and I can regcognize that. Since i've now done everything accept battle Bianca and complete my dex, i'm gonna buy Black Version and give that a run. I don't plan to have Victini or Cobalion on my team so maybe Alder will be more of a challenge.

Although I found Alder to be pretty easy as well, and I didn't use Victini (I used Chandelure instead). But I was really worried about some of his pokemon (Bouffalant, I'm looking at you), that were easy to knock out.

Overall for me it was Cynthia, Alder and Morimoto. I honestly don't care about Cynthia as this was just a cameo for her and she got her time to shine in Gen 4. But Alder? He let me down. Again, I did have a Victini so maybe when I play Black without it he'll be harder. If not, heres hoping that they give him an upgrade in Grey version. To me the fact that Morimoto didn't have Mew is kind of an insult, but it IS Mew so I can let it slide. But his team is still kind of...interesting. I think having the final evolutions of the 3 starters would have been much better than the elemental monkeys.

I didn't really mind the Gym leaders only having a maximum of three Pokemon (since I restrict myself to using the same number as them), but what really stood out was their craptacular movesets, especially in the Iris and Brycen battles.

If you use Dragon Dance, what's the point in wasting the speed boosts using a negative priority move, or having Slash when Dragon Claw or Dual chop will always be more powerful?

A lot of the gym trainers in the Icirrus gym used Ice Beam, yet none of Brycen's Pokemon know it because they have to shoehorn those crappy "unique" TM moves of the gym onto their movesets.

Alder and Morimoto were just weak.

I hope they increase their levels by at least 10 in the third version.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom