• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Surprisingly, Disappointingly Easy Battles

The Elite Four, N, and Ghetsis. My team was 5 levels under all of N's Pokemon too.

I'd say Skyla was easy to beat. I mean, I can just imagine my In-Game trainer yelling "BITCH YOU JUST LOST TO A FRICKIN' RUFFLET WHO CAN BARELY FLY ON ITS LIL' WINGS! Who's on top NOW, huh?":smokin:

Actually, that might not be the best way to put it............... overconfident, much?

But still, her entire team looked like a challenge, especially Swoobat. Which is sad, because every other Trainer's Swoobat was damn evil, at least from what I can remember.

Then again, in her defense, I DID use an Emonga, and I HAVE been playing since Red version.

Both Lenora's Pokemon fell immediately to my under-leveled Sawk's Low Sweep. It was pitiful, but I got lots of experience, and solely because of that battle, Sawk was my highest level Pokemon for the rest of the game until the elite four, then my Victini was on top.

Gym leaders were way too easy for me all together...My pokemon were always weaker and I would still wipe out their whole team without my pokemon fainting.

For me, all of the Gyms were insanely easy with the exception of Elesa and Clay. Elesa is only difficult without a Rock move to take out those pesky Emolga, and I only found Clay hard because of his Excadrill being a Steel type. Still, Herdier's dig did the job on Excadrill. I was really surprised.

Skyla and Drayden/Iris were particularly easy. On my White game neither of them launched a hit on me. =P

I really hope the inevitable third version boasts a much more fearsome Gym roster. I was disappointed in how easy the Gym Leaders were.

For me, all of the Gyms were insanely easy with the exception of Elesa and Clay. Elesa is only difficult without a Rock move to take out those pesky Emolga, and I only found Clay hard because of his Excadrill being a Steel type. Still, Herdier's dig did the job on Excadrill. I was really surprised.

Skyla and Drayden/Iris were particularly easy. On my White game neither of them launched a hit on me. =P

I really hope the inevitable third version boasts a much more fearsome Gym roster. I was disappointed in how easy the gym leaders were.

Elesa was really annoying...but she never made my pokemon faint. Clay was annoying because of the ground move Bulldozer. I agree, they should make the next one harder to beat.

I guess it depends on what pokemon you had in your party at the time.

I was very disappointed in how blisteringly easy Ghetsis was. I'd struggled through the Elite Four so I was expecting a massive challenge, but honestly that was one of the easiest battles I'd had in a while. Sure I had a level 61 Mienshao, but the rest of my team was in the mid 50s. Like I said, the E4 was very difficult for me, just a half hour before.

I thought Iris was going to be tough but I beat her with my own Haxorus, who was a couple of levels below her.

Definitely Brycen. Having a Frillish means that only Vanillish can you hit super effectively while the other two are all not very effective hits. Plus Astonish only have 30 base power means that you can just recover off the damage.

Had an easy time with Brycen, but I was downright disappointed in Iris. Blew through her team without a problem and she was the final gym leader!!! I'm one of those people who had a problem with Ghetsis and N was no pushover either, but Marshal was a pretty easy win as well.

How easy or difficult a battle is depends on how well-prepared and how big (in level) your 'Mons are. This applies in not only Pokémon, but every RPG ever made. If you have plenty of potions, you can stand to be a little under the opponent, but no amount of revives will save a team of 5's in a level 30 gym. And if you've level ground high enough, any match is easy (even Whitney).

I prefer the "being prepared" motion coupled with matching levels, and that made Clay ridiculously easy with Servine and Dewott.

It really depends on your team. For example, Elesa was extremely difficult for me in Black Version because my entire team was weak to Emolga's STAB attacks, but I destroyed her in White Version with my Boldore. Others, like Clay, were very easy in Black Version as I had both a Dewott and a Servine, but harder in White Version as I had nothing good against Ground-types.

I swept the gym leaders =( I love how all the gym leaders are actually important to the story and stuff, but, seriously... they're weak...

Even with the challenge of restricting evolution til very late on most of my team for better moves, all the gym leaders were pretty easy :/ the only one who i didn't get a clean sweep on was Brycen, amazingly. if he hadn't of gotten that crit. then my Chandelure would've taken him down EASY as it was the only pokemon i beat his whole gym with (as it was a Lampent when i went in), and didn't even bother going out to heal it was that easy. His Beartic was the only mon i had probs with, it's just so bulky! and Brine is such a mean move >.<

my team was about even in levels all the way up to Iris, and since i didn't have any ice types/moves or dragon types/moves, i leveled up my Krokorok (who became Krookodile) enough to learn Outrage which just as easily swept her and her whole gym >:]

The Elite 4. Honestly I thought they would have been a lot harder to beat, but they weren't much of a challenge.

I feel like N should've been a little more challenging. I'll give him props for basically doing a Nuzlocke run. But otherwise, he was mostly a pushover.

Oh well at least they gave him some fabulous character development. :crush:

The gym leaders were by far the easiest gym leaders of any generation. Even Clair gave me way more trouble than Iris/Drayden did.

the electric gym gave a bit of trouble with those two emolgas but other than that, the gyms were really easy

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom