• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Surskit

The Third Mew

Mewtwo? Pheh!
Reaction score
Has anyone ever noticed that the creature thats in Wind Mill Village on the lake in Super Mario Sunshine looks stunningly like Surskit? If you know what im talking about, please give your opinions about my theory of them being made after each other.

By the way, Im new, so I am not exactly sure this goes here.

They're in Super Mario 64 too.

Both are based on the Water Strider but there must have been some influence from the Mario creature.

They both glide over water, but I fail to see how they're similar otherwise. : /

It's natural that we'll find more and more resemblances from Pokémon to existing VG characters, since Pokémon is covering more real-world beings everytime a new generation appears.

I wonder if you jump on a surskit if you bounce up, or just squish it...

I think that if that creature hadnt been there, they wouldnt have made Surskit. But then again, if there were no legends about dragons, they wouldnt have made Charizard...

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom