• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Still don't mind charizard being in every game, it's a good design and one of my faves. I know I'm of the minority opinion here though.
I mean... there's a reason it makes the dex every game, right? Charizard's basically, after Pikachu, the most famous pokemon. Don't know why fans still get mad when they see it getting new forms and attention.

I, and many others, just don’t think Charizard should be the only non-native starter to be in a regional Pokédex. I’m fine with situations like XY because all three Kanto starters were obtainable in the base Kalos game whereas I really don’t want a repeat of SwSh where it was the only available Kanto starter outside transfers up until the Isle of Armor DLC. It seems like the same thing may happen here, which is just blatant favoritism at this point. They didn’t even have a good reason for Charizard to be in base SwSh other than it being Leon’s ace; why couldn’t it at least have gotten a Dex entry stating it originated in Galar and got exported to another region? That would have been perfect from a world building perspective!

The only way to make up for this is to have two other starters from different regions appear in the regional Pokédex alongside Charizard (since it seems that Venusaur and Blastoise will once again be separated from it). My best guess? Empoleon and Serperior due to their popularity (at least their base forms of Piplup and Snivy are) along with the European influence/vibes of their designs. However, my personal preference would be for Charizard to form a trio with Feraligatr and Sceptile so we get a reptilian starter combo.

tl;dr summary: Charizard shouldn't appear solo in a regional Pokédex. Group it with either the other Kanto starters or two others from different regions; otherwise don't put it in the Pokédex over other Pokémon that would make more sense.

Eh, Pokémon can be more or less rare in different regions, or be a starter in one region but a ‘normal’ Pokémon in another. It WOULD be more fun if they expanded that concept beyond just Charmander lol, but it is what it is.

And I’d like to be another voice voting for that spot to be Sandshrew, not Diglet! Sandshrew was my favorite Pokémon before they made Blitzle, so I’d love for it to be roaming around this new region (hopefully WITH Blitzle! I will actually riot if it’s not here).

@Oriden

I've analyzed all available data and I've come to the conclusion that the only Pokemon that could be in column 1 row 3 is wailord. That means the next three pokemon to the right are Altaria, zangoose and Seviper.

Altaria fits because what is visible looks like it is part normal and two stage which could only be swablu.

I can elaborate, but I'm 95% sure on this point.

@Oriden

I've analyzed all available data and I've come to the conclusion that the only Pokemon that could be in column 1 row 3 is wailord. That means the next three pokemon to the right are Altaria, zangoose and Seviper.

Altaria fits because what is visible looks like it is part normal and two stage which could only be swablu.

It's very blurry but I think it could also be Water/Flying since the color is quite similar and that spot look a bit different to Psyduck's, so I guess it might be Wingull and probably Skitty next to it.

It's very blurry but I think it could also be Water/Flying since the color is quite similar and that spot look a bit different to Psyduck's, so I guess it might be Wingull and probably Skitty next to it.

The only reason I doubt this is because there are 20 pokemon between Ursaluna and Pelipper and 8 spots. It seems like too many consecutive pokemon to occur at once.

I would love to have Skitty though. It also means no Gardevoir.

@Oriden

Hey good work, both of you, I think you've picked the two most likely answers.

I am leaning toward it being Wingull, personally. We know it's in the game, and I think I see a bit of that Flying-type blue/purple in there.

Edit: Okay, I think this is the best representation of where we're at right now-

6w3KtZU.png

I think there's starter lines in the bottom two rows, but it's hard to be sure.

Last edited:
Pretty happy with how the leaked dex is looking for SV with returning Pokémon so far.

I can’t be only one who is hoping to see all the Hisuian form and new Pokémon return in SV so we can actually use them for online battling and such, right? Really hoping that Voltorb and the Hisuian starters make it in because I have few shiny Hisuian Voltorb and a pair of shiny Hisuian Typhlosion I’d love to use.

Pretty happy with how the leaked dex is looking for SV with returning Pokémon so far.

I can’t be only one who is hoping to see all the Hisuian form and new Pokémon return in SV so we can actually use them for online battling and such, right? Really hoping that Voltorb and the Hisuian starters make it in because I have few shiny Hisuian Voltorb and a pair of shiny Hisuian Typhlosion I’d love to use.
Well, so far it looks like Voltorb is missing... but SwSh also had a few that could be transferred in despite not being in the pokedex, as I recall.

Seems to have a good chunk of them besides that, though, so I think we'll get most if not all of the Hisuian pokemon.

skips from page 106 to page 113

I'm back from the weekend again!! Anything cool happen?

...LEAKED DEX!!!!! whoaAAAAA! has it been confirmed?
It is what people have been able to piece together from a blurry image on Khu's desktop labeled SV Pokedex.

Unfortunately most of it was blacked out. We won't see more for a while, but trailers could help fill some blanks.

Remember everyone: with the apparent return of the fire lizard to this regional pokedex with the lack of its two cohorts, we must not get angry and Charizard. It's not its fault.

Be mad at Gamefreak because guys we get it you have a favorite starter cheesus crisps give it a rest already there are over 20 other starter pokemon you can pick from to give the spotlight LET CHARIZARD HAVE A VACATION BEFORE YOU MAKE EVERYONE HATE IT.

Back
Top Bottom