• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

64amcBr.png

Well that solves that. I salute you, Fuecoco3. Almost was guaranteed a good starter this time, but now I can safely go back to being ready for disappointment across the board.
Cut off that stupid hair and it automatically becomes awesome. A fake but a good one.

I was neutral to it at first, but the fact that it wasn't obviously fake and the design was actually clever and well-done sadly made it grow on me. =/ And now knowing that Sprigatito is definitely going to be a person makes me feel incredibly disappointed because I doubt Fuecoco is going to be the safe bet that it nearly was. It'd be too much to hope that they haven't made every single starter a career animal again.
I admit if these starters are just guys in suits like the Galar ones I'll be sorely tempted to find a decent alternative starter like Eevee or Pikachu and drop the official starter.

I admit if these starters are just guys in suits like the Galar ones I'll be sorely tempted to find a decent alternative starter like Eevee or Pikachu and drop the official starter.
If only the transfer system wasn't so annoyingly restrictive, I'd just ship in my starter Charmander from GO that I never bothered to level up. He could have finally done something with his life. XP

Sometimes I am too big of a conspiracy theorist, so here's the thing. What if Riddler Khu isn't a real person? What if that account is just a twisted way of Game Freak to promote and raise interest in the fan base? I mean how could a random Twitter account have sooo much information about almost every single detail from abilities to designs to names to dex? And every youtuber and every blogger talks about that account but GF doesn't take any legal action? No chance. I think it might be a marketing strategy. They are building up some hype in the fanbase without revealing much and casual players don't even know what's going on. It is a win-win situation for marketing. Of course, there are many counterpoints to my argument. Such as if the account was a tool for advertisement, there wouldn't be any insults to other accounts, and there wouldn't be any mentions of waifumons or fetishes. But hey, we can't be sure about how dedicated the marketing team could be to cover themselves as a leaker. And I know that I am most probably wrong and there is a real leaker behind the account. I just love to speculate.

Man, the thing that bugs me the most about Fuecoco_3 being fake is that means the chances of getting a Cocollona Pokémon are next to nill despite the fact that it’s a crocodile ‘mon in PokéSpain.

If Fuecoco’s real final evolution just ends up representing a ghost pepper or something else lame I will be real annoyed at the wasted opportunity. :annoyedVoltorb:

Sometimes I am too big of a conspiracy theorist, so here's the thing. What if Riddler Khu isn't a real person? What if that account is just a twisted way of Game Freak to promote and raise interest in the fan base? I mean how could a random Twitter account have sooo much information about almost every single detail from abilities to designs to names to dex? And every youtuber and every blogger talks about that account but GF doesn't take any legal action? No chance. I think it might be a marketing strategy. They are building up some hype in the fanbase without revealing much and casual players don't even know what's going on. It is a win-win situation for marketing. Of course, there are many counterpoints to my argument. Such as if the account was a tool for advertisement, there wouldn't be any insults to other accounts, and there wouldn't be any mentions of waifumons or fetishes. But hey, we can't be sure about how dedicated the marketing team could be to cover themselves as a leaker. And I know that I am most probably wrong and there is a real leaker behind the account. I just love to speculate.
XP Family-friendly TPC isn't going to run a vulgar account like Khu to drum up interest in their games.

As someone who was planning on choosing Sprigatito or Fuecoco, I really hope that the 'fetish' comment was just an exaggeration and that Sprigatito's final evo isn't designed in a sexualized way- and also that Fuecoco still has a good final evo.
Yeah I am pretty sure it's just Khu being weird and exaggerative, Probably just humanoid.

As someone who was planning on choosing Sprigatito or Fuecoco, I really hope that the 'fetish' comment was just an exaggeration and that Sprigatito's final evo isn't designed in a sexualized way- and also that Fuecoco still has a good final evo.
I think by Fetish Khu just meant that Sprig's evos look feminine (like most people were expecting)

It's probably just a very feminine evo like Primarina. Which is awfully predictable.

They really need to change their design notes because this has gotten really repetitive.

Not really a surprise that the Fuecoco3 art is fake, nothing screams Ghost in its design. Since we know (almost) for sure that Fuecoco3 is Fire/Ghost...

Other than it being based on the cocollona, which would make it about as Ghost-like as Decidueye.
I would not have bet on Decidueye being Ghost back then, but it's still credible with its head hidden and its colors are not too flashy.
Fake Fuecoco3 is all yellow and pink, looks like a Fire/Fairy. TPC often makes designs to easily identify a Pokemon type(s).

A little surprised it was actually fake, but it is what it is. Great fanart though, the fact that it couldn't be easily debunked shows how effective it was.

Now I'm back to being curious what will happen to it. I guess we're back to the old speculation of being a Ghost Pepper of some sort, but that still feels a little too on the nose for GF's usual direction so I think something more surprising is in store then that.

I would not have bet on Decidueye being Ghost back then, but it's still credible with its head hidden and its colors are not too flashy.
Fake Fuecoco3 is all yellow and pink, looks like a Fire/Fairy. TPC often makes designs to easily identify a Pokemon type(s).
To be fair, though, the ghost part of H-Typhlosion's design is also pretty pink.

hisuian-typhlosion-legends-arceus.png

The flames are of course shaped and arranged like spirit fire but... a pink-purple. And red for some reason.
Which looks terrible, honestly, and I wish the inner part was a lighter color or just white so it wouldn't look so stupid and unlike fire.

But Fuecoco3's pink parts look nearly the same sort of pink-purple (not quite clear what the exact shade is in the poor lighting) so if that color worked for H-Typhlosion, I think it would've worked just as well for Fuecoco3.

I must be the only one that thought Fuecoco3 was sort of ugly? I mean, I don't mind slightly derpy starters, Swampert can look a bit goofy depending on the art style but I love him anyway. I want a Fuecoco3 that actually looks ghostly. I don't care if its humanoid, just please don't make it look like a reskinned Dragonite.

Back
Top Bottom