• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Even if the starters patterns have been broken (in a "perfect matches only" logic), it does not mean that it has never existed before and will not be followed again after...
Seriously, 6/9 starters are perfect matches with the chinese zodiac, too much to be a coincidence. Same for other starters patterns.

I used to buy into the Zodiac theory but now I don't. Same with the "Water starters = weapons" theory. "Grass starters = prehistoric creatures" holds a bit more water in my opinion, though.
The thing about the prehistoric creatures theory is that it's really easy to find a match since every type of animal has an extinct species that could fit. Might as well theorize that they're all based on something that breathes.

I always thought the Zodiac theory was kind of a stretch. You were bound to have some starters based on one of the 12 animals, but for some, Fennekin as the dog was a real stretch. I'm glad Fuecoco doesn't fall in line because I have gotten tired of this theory because people think it dictates what we'll get.

Did I hear Primarina? I’m here to defend the queen and my favorite fully evolved starter (tied with Meganium). Also how is Primarina human-like? It has a fish tail and a seel upper body with a mermaid theme and mermaids are mythical creatures..

Did I hear Primarina? I’m here to defend the queen and my favorite fully evolved starter (tied with Meganium). Also how is Primarina human-like? It has a fish tail and a seel upper body with a mermaid theme and mermaids are mythical creatures..
Mermaids are literally half-human half-fish so.... yeah. XD

Bottom line- seals don't wear clothes or have long fabulous hair or stand up straight on their flippers and sing operetta.

I don't buy the Zodiac theory but I'm just saying...

One of the Animals in the Zodiac is a Bull

Bull Crocodiles are a thing....
Stop stop stop stop stop XD

I dare anybody here to name me ONE ghost Type Pokemon that looks bad

Go Ahead I DARE YA!

:bulbaWave:
This kind of challenge is really objective, though. But Sinistea line looks dumb to me. Also I don't really like Hoopa and Dreepy line.

I was going to take up that challenge but I looked and... nerp. They're all good. I will back this statement.

What about H-Typhlosion? :p

I blame the Anime for Delphox and kinda Serperior are seen as feminine

Serena's Fenniken Now Delphox is Female and it is not helped by the fact that EVERY Delphox Trainer shown in the Anime is also a Female (Serena, Ariana, that Lady from the Diancie Movie, Malva in the Manga, etc)

Actually the big reason why Serperior is seen as feminine (besides Ash's Snivy and Poke Park's Snivy) is because it is apparently based on Lady Oscar from "The Rose of Versailles" -- a 1970's manga starring a woman raised as a man to follow her father's footsteps as leader of the French Palace Guards.

View attachment 160889
Also explains the Fleur De Lis designs on Serperior
Perfect description of Serperior design concept. I like it and I’m glad we didn’t get a snake with legs.

Mermaids are literally half-human half-fish so.... yeah. XD

Bottom line- seals don't wear clothes or have long fabulous hair or stand up straight on their flippers and sing operetta.

Stop stop stop stop stop XD
She’s a mermaid + seal. A unique combo. What’s wrong with mermaids? So what if she has hair? :\

Well.. I disagree and I actually think Primarina is awesome and not humanoid.

Bottom line is I don’t mind Pokémon wearing clothes secretly enjoys the designs in Unite. I don’t mind Pokémon with careers. What I mind is when an animal magically turning into a human with legs like a noodle.

She’s a mermaid + seal. A unique combo. What’s wrong with mermaids? So what if she has hair? :\

Well.. I disagree and I actually think Primarina is awesome and not humanoid.
Mermaid = humanoid.

I don't hate Primarina, it's just definitely a part of the "all of the starters are people" problem. Game Freak needs to get away from that because it's gotten really old at this point and they need to prove that they can still design beastly starters without giving them hair, clothes, or jobs. Because having your first best buddy in the pokeworld grow up to be a person isn't everyone's cup of tea. I got into this franchise for monster pets, I want some monster pet options without them earning a degree or needing to schedule an appointment at the salon.

Even if the starters patterns have been broken (in a "perfect matches only" logic), it does not mean that it has never existed before and will not be followed again after...
Seriously, 6/9 starters are perfect matches with the chinese zodiac, too much to be a coincidence. Same for other starters patterns.
it's not that hard to be a match with the chinese zodiac when the animals in it aren't all that fantastical (aside from the Dragon).

As legendaries, I like Koraidon and Miraidon a bit more then Zacian and Zamazenta. Although I like dogs quite a bit, I do like dragon-themed creature a lot, so I’m not sure if I’m biased towards them.

In regards of the Zodiac theory, I kind of get the ‘inspiration’ bit to make it fit (even though I think that, if true, GF might’ve started thinking about it post Gen 2, for a multitude of reasons), but Fuecoco ending as a full crocodile, to me at least, won’t fit even with him being ‘inspired’ by the snake sign in the Chinese Zodiac. It’s personally beyond the Cyndaquil and Fennekin lines in this case, but fair enough if people think otherwise.

If Fuecoco ends up as a snake-like creature, then yes, I think there is no doubt GF is using the Zodiac as an inspiration/guideline for the fire starters.

I do think it’s unlikely that it ends up as a snake or something similar for the simple fact that it seems his line will be the bulky, slow one out of the three. But the Litten line with the reversal of speed between the first two stages and the last one exists, as well as Gen 7 starters (and not only the starters) being overall slow, so who knows. I wouldn’t mind, in general, some sudden changes in regards of stat distribution in the starters, from time to time.

I’m more concerned about Fuecoco being a mixed attacker, but it depends a lot on Sprigatito. Quaxly is beyond doubt, to me, a physical attacker.

it's not that hard to be a match with the chinese zodiac when the animals in it aren't all that fantastical (aside from the Dragon).
You are right. So let's compare to the other starter groups, that are also common animals. In a statictics point of view, if there is no pattern and zodiac signs are so common, we should find the same amount.
Grass starters: 3/9 (Snivy for snake, Grookey for monkey, Sprigatito for tiger) perfect matches.
Water starters: 0/9 perfect matches.
Strange coincidence that only Fire starters have this high amount of perfect matches with the chinese zodiac.

Calling it now

Quaxly will be a Speedy Mixed Physical Attacker

Sprigatito will be a Speedy Special Attacker

Fuecoco will be a Slow Bulky Mixed Attacker

Goddamnit you're right-

STONER HEATHEN IS WORST GHOST-TYPE!

in actuality, as a Ghost, I don't hate it, it just sucks for Typhlosion

Do people really dislike Hisuian Typhlosion?

I admit it does look kinda akward without the Flames but the Pink Flames really brings the design together imo

Now Hisuian Decidueye on the other hand.... Let's not get into that one

Calling it now

Quaxly will be a Speedy Mixed Physical Attacker

Sprigatito will be a Speedy Special Attacker

Fuecoco will be a Slow Bulky Mixed Attacker

Do people really dislike Hisuian Typhlosion?

I admit it does look kinda akward without the Flames but the Pink Flames really brings the design together imo
I hope not, for Fuecoco. I'd rather GF focused on either offensive stat. They did that in Gen 8, I'd rather they continued down that road.

I quite like H-Typholosiob, but as for the original, GF should just make the flames avaible off-combat. At least they always stay on in combat.

Back
Top Bottom