• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

First of all, citation needed for the "literal toddlers as gym leaders" part. The only ones that come to mind would be Tate and Liza, who, while younger than you'd expect, are clearly not toddlers. Unless I somehow missed that part where they were crawling on their hands and knees, sucking on pacifiers, barely being able to speak when interacted with or crying a lot when talked to.
It's called exaggeration.

The main role of the licence is being a trainer. The main audience is kids. So of course in the Pokemon universe kids can be trainers and gym leaders. Some trainers are even in kindergarten !

But in this same universe, being a professor is all serious and for adults. Like in our world, it is supposed to need research and knowledge. Sonia had to write a book (like a phD thesis) to be recognized as a professor. So unless a character is said to be especially gifted, which is not Nemona's case for now, in no way kids can be professors, even in the Pokemon universe. They can be assistants like Bianca and Hop.

(However I never found the UB theory absurd, looking at how most of them looked so similar to characters. Even the anime recently used that ambiguity with Lilie, so maybe there was an initial intent that was then dropped.)

Last edited:
Nemona definitely does not seem to be any sort of prodigy so her being a professor would be very unlikely. She's apparently basically just an upperclassmen who sucks at throwing.

Honestly, I think the official twitter tweet implying that the professors aren't professors was just a clumsy red herring by someone who doesn't get the point of wrong answers.

Not terribly- I just generally hated Gen 5's pokemon designs and the fact that they basically forced you to use them by not having older pokemon in the region. I've warmed up to some of them since, but Unova is still on my shitlist for being like that.
Love this comment because I said the same thing some time ago here and a lot of fans turned against me. They can't force fans to use new pokemon. If all the new pokemon introduced by Gen 5 were great then they should able to compete against older ones, right? They had no reason to exclude pokemon like Magikarp, Zubat, Geodude, Eevee, because they made up the dex every game before BW. Of course they realized that their decision backfired and they didn't make the same mistake again with B2W2 and they fixed the dex. There's always a good balance between the old and the new.

Three of the Pokemon you just mentioned suck (well, okay, I'll give you Magikarp because Gyarados is awesome but I could live without Geodude and Zubat).

There's not actually a point to this post I just wanted to share my opinion on Geodude and Zubat.

Love this comment because I said the same thing some time ago here and a lot of fans turned against me. They can't force fans to use new pokemon. If all the new pokemon introduced by Gen 5 were great then they should able to compete against older ones, right? They had no reason to exclude pokemon like Magikarp, Zubat, Geodude, Eevee, because they made up the dex every game before BW. Of course they realized that their decision backfired and they didn't make the same mistake again with B2W2 and they fixed the dex. There's always a good balance between the old and the new.
With an entitled stance on it like that "it was here before so it should be here now too because I say so", you sure as hell won't get people to use the new stuff, no.

Pokémon simply spoiled people too much by constantly including all the existing Pokémon. People began to take it for granted (Especially with quotes or slogans like being able to catch or collect them all). All the complaints now come from the beast they created themselves. I personally think they should have taken more notes from something like Digimon. They just have a pool of Digimon that feature in games. Stuff like Agumon cameos pretty much always, as understandable mascot and most recognizable face, but most other picks are usually relevant to the context or the environment of the story.

With an entitled stance on it like that "it was here before so it should be here now too because I say so", you sure as hell won't get people to use the new stuff, no.
I’m pretty sure part of the problem was also the fact that a significant portion of the Pokédex were designed to be clear analogues/replacements for existing Pokémon, as well as some of them just being Pokédex filler.

Pokémon simply spoiled people too much by constantly including all the existing Pokémon. People began to take it for granted (Especially with quotes or slogans like being able to catch or collect them all). All the complaints now come from the beast they created themselves. I personally think they should have taken more notes from something like Digimon. They just have a pool of Digimon that feature in games. Stuff like Agumon cameos pretty much always, as understandable mascot and most recognizable face, but most other picks are usually relevant to the context or the environment of the story.
The problem is that the Pokémon are the series' main selling point. The story is barebones and basically repeated every generation and the mechanics are somewhere between Dragon Quest 1 and Dragon Quest 2, both from the 80s.

If GameFreak wants to do a dex reboot every game like Monster Rancher they should put way more effort into updating and improving mechanics between games, like that series did. But Sw/Sh is only slightly different from DP, over a decade old now, and we don't know how many of PLA's improvements are going to be in Scarlet/Violet, especially when early footage shows some of them seem to be missing.

=P Ah yes, Digimon, that other highly successful franchise.

I don't hate Digimon by a longshot, but I think it's obvious who played the better cards.

I’m pretty sure part of the problem was also the fact that a significant portion of the Pokédex were designed to be clear analogues/replacements for existing Pokémon, as well as some of them just being Pokédex filler.
I didn’t see that as a problem at all, I and many others found it to be a genius use of the real-life concept of convergent evolution.

Which is something they’ve been doing since literally Gen 2- every region has new Pokémon that fill the literal exact same role in that region and therefore are just as “redundant” and “pointless” as the Gen 5 roster according to many (bird, rodent, pseudo legend, etc). Gen 5 just expanded it to be the entire region.

I prefer gigalith over golem now, but my opinion used to be opposite, so I understand the complaint. I personally think only new pokemon was a mistake, but more so because it made the region very repetitive. 150 just wasn't enough to fill an entire region of gym leaders, elite four, rivals, etc; especially when the previous 2 dexes both had around 200.

Add in the fact that all the assets for the other Pokemon were there, they just weren't available, it just made it feel like a nonsensical decision.

It's called exaggeration.
I mean, when you use "literal toddlers" as a defense, in the context of a franchise that lets kindergarteners use monsters that will suck their life and torture their souls, you'll forgive me if I don't read the hyperbole. Especially when the word used to emphasize said exaggeration is synonymous with words like exactly and actual.
Nemona definitely does not seem to be any sort of prodigy so her being a professor would be very unlikely. She's apparently basically just an upperclassmen who sucks at throwing.

Honestly, I think the official twitter tweet implying that the professors aren't professors was just a clumsy red herring by someone who doesn't get the point of wrong answers.
At this point, that's either another mistake à la "Gym Masters", a joke based on the idea the being a professor is a poor career choice or that being a Pokémon Professor isn't an actual job, or just an allusion to the fact that there's more to them than just being Pokémon Professors (like them being part of some other (evil) organization or maybe even them being Gym Leaders). Heck, it might even be just a joke on the fact that they probably study the past/future, and thus their field of study has nothing to do with Pokémon, meaning that they're Pokémon Professors in name only.

As for Nemona, considering that we've had two generation in a row that had rivals either connected to the main antagonist (like Gladion and Bede) or the "villainous" teams (like Marnie and... Gladion (again)) and the meanings behind her name, chances are that there may be more going on with her than we're initially led to believe and that whatever secret she has will have an impact on the story. I just don't see what that impact would be if she was actually a Pokémon Professor and she kept that hidden throughout the game.

Did you play all DS/DSI games? I went from having 493 pokemon avaliable in HG/SS to only 156 in BW. There's no excuses for that. I mentioned Geodude, Zubat and Magikarp because I was used to see them. Some special niches (let's take Unova here), for example, the regional bird (Pidove), the early route pokemon (Purrloin, Lillipup), the legendaries, these niches need to be filled by native pokemon. Now, explain to me why such places like the Pinwheel Forest and the Chargestone Cave didn't have a single non unovan pokemon. Seedot, Lotad, maybe a Ledyba? Aron? Why not? At the time there were almost 650 pokemon around, and I knew we couldn't no longer "cat 'em all". But hey, at least some 250 (maybe 300) should be catchable on the wild.

First of all, citation needed for the "literal toddlers as gym leaders" part. The only ones that come to mind would be Tate and Liza, who, while younger than you'd expect, are clearly not toddlers. Unless I somehow missed that part where they were crawling on their hands and knees, sucking on pacifiers, barely being able to speak when interacted with or crying a lot when talked to.
The closest we've gotten is Allister but he's at least 5.

It took me an embarrassing amount of time to figure out its seemingly just a list of the objects and food Pokémon from past regions, except I guess fruit Pokémon don’t count but an egg Pokémon does???

Anyway is this just them saying there’sa money Pokémon? I wonder if that’s why Khu posted about it- to take the scoop away from them. lol

Ugh, I hate to think this but it seems like Eclipse might actually have info. He posted this before the first stage of the coin riddle was posted-

Of course, we know he's just as prone to mixing in his own speculative bullshit so it's annoying to even consider taking anything he says seriously.

I mean, considering the first axiom of probability, if he kept spewing made-up leaks, chances are he'd eventually end up saying something factual. Still, the fact that he threw in emojis of chains and a vase instead of just repeating the coin and treasure ones really put a big sus on this "leak".

Do we know for certain that he didn't hear from a Chinese leaker forum that there's gonna be a treasure-inspired Pokémon, leading to him throwing a bunch of treasure-related emojis in his tweet to make it seem like he knew about the coin Pokémon before everyone else?

Back
Top Bottom