• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I don't want to sound whine-y, but the marketing has been boring thus far. We actually had gameplay footage of SwSh back in June 2019 (E3). With an open world, there must be plenty for them to show us.
Yeah, no kidding. It makes me fear that Scarlet/Violet actually were rushed and that there isn't much to do in these games.

Yeah, no kidding. It makes me fear that Scarlet/Violet actually were rushed and that there isn't much to do in these games.
Hmmm, I'm not expecting that.

Anyway, Sw/Sh's marketing was very limited, let's hope SV's isn't any worse, at least.

Game Freak needs a better PR department.

Or at least one of those weird commercials from the 90s.
Yeah, better PR and marketing really need to take a step-up since it seems both of those things have been really lacking for the past few years (though the marketing decline was only recently in comparison to their general PR statements).

Those comercials were from at least a few months/years after the games released in Japan. It makes sense we were getting a ton of silly ads.

I still blame all the past leaks for the lack of news. Because at this point, given the Cutifly leaks (random game footage) and the Legends leak (Power point presintation thay no doubt was sent by a internal PR department)...they probably don't trust anyone with information.

Those comercials were from at least a few months/years after the games released in Japan. It makes sense we were getting a ton of silly ads.

I still blame all the past leaks for the lack of news. Because at this point, given the Cutifly leaks (random game footage) and the Legends leak (Power point presintation thay no doubt was sent by a internal PR department)...they probably don't trust anyone with information.
That's not how marketing works. It's not a 'gift' to the consumers, it's a way to garner more attention to your products. More sales.

"BUT Pokémon already sells well!"

So does Coca Cola, but more sales / branding = better. You want to stay visible.

So, a few leaks in the past would surely not have an impact.

Rather than the product itself being rushed, I hope it was just a case of S/V being announced too early and that they’re not finished polishing the rest of the game for more trailers just yet.
We're only a 'few' months from launch; Probably only 2 or so before the cards will be produced. It's probably feature-finished and into QA.

Rather than the product itself being rushed, I hope it was just a case of S/V being announced too early and that they’re not finished polishing the rest of the game for more trailers just yet.
If that's the case, then maybe the Pokémon Company shouldn't have announced it on Pokémon Day, especially since Legends: Arceus didn't have a lot of time to settle in the spotlight after their release.

We're only a 'few' months from launch; Probably only 2 or so before the cards will be produced. It's probably feature-finished and into QA.
While I agree a good bulk of it must have been completed, how feature-finished it might be depends on the scope of what features Game Freak wished to add to SV in the first place. While the main campaign is obviously over and done with, there could be a significant side feature that they want to show off that's taking slightly longer than expected. If so, Game Freak is trying to either finish that up in order to show it off in a new trailer or scrap it temporarily and move it over to the DLC (or save it for a third version if they end up regressing to that). Unexpected things can happen in development sometimes. ¯\(ツ)

Here's Khu again. The next riddle is Champion. "Titan C: 456." So the next champion is a female character, because the number 456 is probably the Gen 4-6 champions, Cynthia - 4, Iris - 5, and Diantha - 6. It could be that, but I'm not sure.
Alder wasn't a woman :p

@Kallyle The game would've probably been delayed if it wasn't feature-complete by now. This isn't just a digital download; Those games have to be printed and shipped in time.

Alder wasn't a woman :p

@Kallyle The game would've probably been delayed if it wasn't feature-complete by now. This isn't just a digital download; Those games have to be printed and shipped in time.
As much as I wish I could agree with you, BDSP weren't feature-complete when they got shipped. I know that was developed by ILCA, but since Junichi Masuda himself oversaw development I could see a hypothetical scenario where TPC force Game Freak to pull the same move as long as most of the game is intact.

That's not how marketing works. It's not a 'gift' to the consumers, it's a way to garner more attention to your products. More sales.

"BUT Pokémon already sells well!"

So does Coca Cola, but more sales / branding = better. You want to stay visible.

So, a few leaks in the past would surely not have an impact.
Lack of exposure through advertisements isn't going to kill the brand. I mean Pokemon does sell well. People also know Scarlet and Violet are coming because you can't avoid the second trailer every time you walk in to a Game Stop and hot takes and fan art are everywhere on Youtube and social media. You don't need TV promotion in this day an age when you can have other people do it for you for free or easily put a short version of a trailer in rotation as a targeted banner or video ad online.

All my point was that they plugged so many holes at random because they didn't know how far down the line the leaks were coming from...that it's possible that they've kind of shot themselves in the foot when it comes to lending footage or information to other departments or companies. I only used like the Cutifly and Legends leaks as examples of leaks that would have probably made them want to limit the info they gave to trailer editors or the PR team.

As much as I wish I could agree with you, BDSP weren't feature-complete when they got shipped. I know that was developed by ILCA, but since Junichi Masuda himself oversaw development I could see a hypothetical scenario where TPC force Game Freak to pull the same move as long as most of the game is intact.
BDSP seems to be the exception then the rule considering PLA didn't have nearly as big of a content update. I wouldn’t worry too much about it until we get closer to release and we have more information.

Back
Top Bottom