• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Honestly as a fan of Bayonetta and other games more than Pokémon, it always kind of weirds me out when Pokémon fans stress over not getting trailers every month. I get it’s standard for the series but not for the video game industry as far as I’ve seen.

Anyway what are people thinking of for teams so far? I’m thinking

Sprig3 (Grass/Dark)
Some new Fire-type
Some new Water-type
Pawmi3 (Electric/Fighting)
Girafarig2 (Psychic)
Wildcard (Type Overlap or something random)

But tbh when I play, I tend to have a rough idea but it changes up.

Honestly as a fan of Bayonetta and other games more than Pokémon, it always kind of weirds me out when Pokémon fans stress over not getting trailers every month. I get it’s standard for the series but not for the video game industry as far as I’ve seen.

Anyway what are people thinking of for teams so far? I’m thinking

But tbh when I play, I tend to have a rough idea but it changes up.

I feel like you answered it yourself. I think something similar happens with Smash Bros.

I think in general when you have games that have a "roster" of some kind there's at least some kind of expectation that there will a number of trailers revealing new characters. Especially if it's a series known for adding a lot of new "characters" with each game.

Besides it's not like Pokemon and Smash Bros haven't fed into it themselves. Nobody would be stressing out this much about missing out on trailers if Pokemon weren't known for frequent trailers in the first place. If you set an expectation, people notice when you break it. Nobody blinks an eye at infrequent Bayonetta trailers because the expectation is that there won't be many and there's no good way of predicting when they'll show up either.

As for teams, I haven't decided on anything yet. Some of the Pokemon leaked so far sound interesting but I have no idea until I see a clear image whether I'll want to use them.

I feel like you answered it yourself. I think something similar happens with Smash Bros.

I think in general when you have games that have a "roster" of some kind there's at least some kind of expectation that there will a number of trailers revealing new characters. Especially if it's a series known for adding a lot of new "characters" with each game.

Besides it's not like Pokemon and Smash Bros haven't fed into it themselves. Nobody would be stressing out this much about missing out on trailers if Pokemon weren't known for frequent trailers in the first place. If you set an expectation, people notice when you break it.

As for teams, I haven't decided on anything yet. Some of the Pokemon leaked so far sound interesting but I have no idea until I see a clear image whether I'll want to use them.
Imo it's not just because of the roster. These are the first open world games in the franchise and we still don't know (officially) how battling and catching pokémon will work. Just to say the first thing that came to my mind, cause there are like 1000 unaswered questions about these games in terms of structure and gameplay and there are less than 4 months till release.

I can't make team ideas until I have some idea about what's available and when (the game may be open world but if something's lowest level in the wild is 43 I won't be using one for quite a bit), plus what stat they have.
In my case it's just I thought Sw/Sh were quite bad releases and I'm trying to figure out if this will be closer to them or the excellent Legends Arceus.

They are waiting until there is an episode with Chloe and then they will give a trailer (maybe they will show the new Eeveelution on it). And these leaks are a clever stunt and Gamefreak controls the leakers.

They are waiting until there is an episode with Chloe and then they will give a trailer (maybe they will show the new Eeveelution on it). And these leaks are a clever stunt and Gamefreak controls the leakers.
The leakers said there isn't a new Eeevelution coming.

The leakers said there isn't a new Eeevelution coming.
Don't you understand? Gamefreak gave Leakers the data they MIGHT reveal. They certainly didn't give anything about the new Eeveelutions so as not to spoil the surprise before the trailer.

Back
Top Bottom