• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

The fact that he's trolling a lot more lately hurts his credibility so you don't know what you can and can't trust anymore.
THIS. Ever since LA (at least for me) it’s been heard for me to tell whether his “leaks” are true, or if he’s spinning yarns for cool kid points.

Moderator Notice: Keep discussion on the leaks, not the leakers
Moderator notice

Hiya folks!

We've been getting posts here bringing attention to the leakers as individuals rather than the leaks/rumors they provide. Frankly, this detracting from the initial intent of the thread.

Please keep the discussion on the leaks/rumors themselves rather than the leakers. Now, it's okay to mention leakers when discussing their rumors, but bringing the attention to them as individuals, their tactics, or any drama involving them is off-topic.

We want this place to be an accessable way to stay up to date on leaks without the baggage of unnecessary drama, and keeping discussion to the rumors themselves will go a long way.

That is all, thanks!

When Pokemon hints to games they usually do so with a high degree of subtlety, so that it's plausibly deniable, someone can be accused of reaching and the "xxx confirmed" meme can flourish.

The Unova stuff in Indigo Disk was just too on the nose. It rammed Unova down your throat at every opportunity, not a hint of subtlety or "alluding" to Unova.
Teal Mask had a strong Johto vibe, but that's not being used as confirmation of Johto remakes, even though they should be next.

If you look at the unavailable mons, Xerneas and Yveltal aren't availabe, but Reshiram and Zekrom are. The elemental monkeys, furfrou and patrat are the only mons unavailable on Switch at the monent, all of them are in XY, but Furfrou isn't in BW. So I actually think a Kalos revisit could be on the cards. They clearly had Kalos in mind when they blocked off the border region.

Another idea I had, what if the game starts as a sort of Legends Celebi, type thing, Johto in the past, then in true Johto fashion we go to a second region after Johto is done and Celebi takes us to Future Unova.

OR cut out time travel with Celebi and we go straight from Ancient Johto to Future Unova, but how can they exist in the same time, they can't, it's a PARADOX. ;)

there is a line penny has where she's on a phone call with her father and she has a line where she mentions the phrase "adven-tour," getting mad at him for using it
so it's not explicitly confirmed but i think there isn't much of a question
Not only that, according to the leaked dialogue she also says the "super-mega" catchphrase that is normally said by Peony

The more I think about it the more Penny sounds kind of self-centered.

When Pokemon hints to games they usually do so with a high degree of subtlety, so that it's plausibly deniable, someone can be accused of reaching and the "xxx confirmed" meme can flourish.

The Unova stuff in Indigo Disk was just too on the nose. It rammed Unova down your throat at every opportunity, not a hint of subtlety or "alluding" to Unova.
Teal Mask had a strong Johto vibe, but that's not being used as confirmation of Johto remakes, even though they should be next.

If you look at the unavailable mons, Xerneas and Yveltal aren't availabe, but Reshiram and Zekrom are. The elemental monkeys, furfrou and patrat are the only mons unavailable on Switch at the monent, all of them are in XY, but Furfrou isn't in BW. So I actually think a Kalos revisit could be on the cards. They clearly had Kalos in mind when they blocked off the border region.

Another idea I had, what if the game starts as a sort of Legends Celebi, type thing, Johto in the past, then in true Johto fashion we go to a second region after Johto is done and Celebi takes us to Future Unova.

OR cut out time travel with Celebi and we go straight from Ancient Johto to Future Unova, but how can they exist in the same time, they can't, it's a PARADOX. ;)
I think that based on what isn't available in SV there's a possibility that Unova is getting skipped in the remake order and we're jumping straight to Kalos.

"I grew up on this route here, and I can't wait to return one day..." GSC screenshot

IT'S OVER..... MORE ILCASLOP(?)

Johto would be the logical next region to remake, because it's the region we've gone the longest without seeing. Aside from the VC releases (which you can't get anymore because the 3DS eShop was shut down) the last time we've been to Johto was in 2009, which was 15 years ago now. That's equal to the gap between DP in 2006 and BDSP in 2021.

I can definitely see an ILCA HGSS in November, then a Legends game in February 2025
Will it be HGSS though, or just GS? Remember, they only did DP and not Platinum. Even if they did HGSS, they'd probably exclude a lot of positively received features like the Battle Frontier due to TPC interference and gut things like the Pokéathlon like what happened to Super Contests. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Will it be HGSS though, or just GS? Remember, they only did DP and not Platinum. Even if they did HGSS, they'd probably exclude a lot of positively received features like the Battle Frontier due to TPC interference and gut things like the Pokéathlon like what happened to Super Contests. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

I think it might be thematically HGSS, so Lyra instead of Kris etc, as HGSS and DPPT were on the same engine, so ILCA already done most of the work already with BDSP.
The Battle Frontier was always a little out of place in Johto as it had Sinnoh characters related to the Sinnoh story like Palmer (Barry's dad).

So yeah I could see them watering down Pokethlon sadly and replacing Battle Frontier with something else.

Hmmmm... I still think people are jumping the gun when it comes to Johto revisits. Let's Go, I think was a special thing cobbled up to easily introduce people to Pokemon's roots after the insane success of GO. Just because we got another Kanto revisit, I don't necessarily think we'll see a Johto one.

Idk I'll wait and see. We likely only got like a month and half to see what they have cooking next.

Hmmmm... I still think people are jumping the gun when it comes to Johto revisits. Let's Go, I think was a special thing cobbled up to easily introduce people to Pokemon's roots after the insane success of GO. Just because we got another Kanto revisit, I don't necessarily think we'll see a Johto one.

Idk I'll wait and see. We likely only got like a month and half to see what they have cooking next.
A Johto revisit doesn't have to be in the Let's Go style.

I’m just going to give my 100% crazy prediction for this year out of the way so I’m not disappointed when it doesn’t come true but can be incredibly ecstatic if it comes true:

Imagine on Pokémon Day we get additional Scarlet/Violet content tied to the Time Machine that not only gives us closure on missing plot threads, but also an area outside of time that provides a proper Battle Facility or more, something like Dynamax Adventures for Tera Raids, and the PkHeX feature that was allegedly scrapped. Bonus points if the activities are run by both AI Sada and AI Turo.

It’s unlikely, but Pokémon likes surprising the fan base by doing things we never think they’d do. Plus I’d rather they finish what they already started than pump out another half-hearted remake with no substantial content and guaranteed gutting of previous features.

I’m just going to give my 100% crazy prediction for this year out of the way so I’m not disappointed when it doesn’t come true but can be incredibly ecstatic if it comes true:

Imagine on Pokémon Day we get additional Scarlet/Violet content tied to the Time Machine that not only gives us closure on missing plot threads, but also an area outside of time that provides a proper Battle Facility or more, something like Dynamax Adventures for Tera Raids, and the PkHeX feature that was allegedly scrapped. Bonus points if the activities are run by both AI Sada and AI Turo.

It’s unlikely, but Pokémon likes surprising the fan base by doing things we never think they’d do. Plus I’d rather they finish what they already started than pump out another half-hearted remake with no substantial content and guaranteed gutting of previous features.
I think that after the Epilogue we're done with SV content and we're gonna move on to the next games.

Back
Top Bottom