• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Yeah it’s actually far LESS information than anything anyone guessed. “someone rides the mascot” is not really a whole lot of information, especially because we can’t even assume the player character does based off some of the images there.

I think we can assume we do, but I'm not sure if we can assume it's a feature or a one time/ contained thing. Riding around the region on a dragon like the soaring feature from Oras would be cool. Maybe he'll clarify tomorrow.

I think we can assume we do, but I'm not sure if we can assume it's a feature or a one time/ contained thing. Riding around the region on a dragon like the soaring feature from Oras would be cool. Maybe he'll clarify tomorrow.
Would Khu know about any late-game one-time (plot climax) feature though? IDK if they’re translating it playtesting late-game content like that yet.

Would Khu know about any late-game one-time (plot climax) feature though? IDK if they’re translating it playtesting late-game content like that yet.
Sure, why not? I would assume translators focus on the main story first and then do text associated with side quests and then random NPC dialogue.

And someone pointed out that there was another image in the collage-

Explains why I couldn't find Lugia. I think this is the full answer now. And yeah, Centro's back in it.

4legHgi.png

I find this amusing, no matter what other people say or think. XD

Some more context would be appreciated in the nearby future, though. And a dex-riddle would be even better.

My current conspiracy theory is that Khu is giving us information like the legendary being rideable instead of more info about like, their design or something due to us getting the second trailer soon which will likely reveal the box legends. I have no proof to this just what I hope (Mostly because I don't want to wait till June for the second trailer, or god forbid August like i think PLA and BDSP had)

My current conspiracy theory is that Khu is giving us information like the legendary being rideable instead of more info about like, their design or something due to us getting the second trailer soon which will likely reveal the box legends. I have no proof to this just what I hope (Mostly because I don't want to wait till June for the second trailer, or god forbid August like i think PLA and BDSP had)
This actually makes sense, yeah. With the color theory, I was wondering why he would bother to reveal a design detail when a second trailer showing the cover art was bound to be dropping soon, but if it's some sort of detail about the pokemon that wouldn't be immediately obvious just by looking at it... such as the fact that someone's gonna ride the damn thing... yeah, I could see why he'd be so comfortable dragging it out.

You actually get the legendary at the very start of the game and they replace rotom bike :wynaut:
Makes me wonder if the protagonist this time around has already befriended the legendary prior to the events of SV. It wants to help the player out, but we have to hide it for reasons slowly revealed throughout the game. Once it is safe, you get the chance to battle and capture your box legendary.

That would be an interesting narrative for a Pokémon game, tbh. It’s like a Nebby situation, only the “Nebby” gets to actively do helpful stuff for the player and we don’t have to be guilty for getting in-between an existing bond between it and another character.

Makes me wonder if the protagonist this time around has already befriended the legendary prior to the events of SV. It wants to help the player out, but we have to hide it for reasons slowly revealed throughout the game. Once it is safe, you get the chance to battle and capture your box legendary.

That would be an interesting narrative for a Pokémon game, tbh. It’s like a Nebby situation, only the “Nebby” gets to actively do helpful stuff for the player and we don’t have to be guilty for getting in-between an existing bond between it and another character.
Ah yes, nothing says hiding a Pokemon better than actively riding it around the region in front of everyone.
But on a serious note while I definitely don't expect this it could work, not too sure on how gamefreak feels about giving Pokemon protagonists any sort of canon back story beyond "They just moved here" or "This guy/gal is your long time friend" though.

If nothing else Khu was definitely correct in saying on really smart people could solve this riddle early. Not sure how anyone could make the "They were all ridden" connection early, not with Lugia and Zekrom in there, maybe if it was just the super ancient trio Solgaleo and Lunala though.

Wait, did we ride Kyogre/Groudon in ORAS? I don't remember. :confused:

That would be cool. But he seems to not know any specific time frame though, as he said Daybreak was gonna release at most on April 30th. Unless I'm missing something, which I probably will since I don't follow him except the one shared here.

You don't ride Kyogre/Groudon actively but you do ride them in a cutscene (And technically using surf/dive with Kyogre in the game has a different model.)

Edit: Basically, at one point in ORAS you hop on the box legends back and it goes to a cave where you then have to battle its primal form.

You don't ride Kyogre/Groudon actively but you do ride them in a cutscene (And technically using surf/dive with Kyogre in the game has a different model.)

Edit: Basically, at one point in ORAS you hop on the box legends back and it goes to a cave where you then have to battle its primal form.
To this day that was a weird choice. Like oh yeah I'm ending the world but hop on my back real quick. I remember being confused when kyogre popped up facing the wrong way.

Also strange how Dialga/Palkia just wait for us to make the origin ball...

Back
Top Bottom