• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Hmm yeah Khu did call that Jigglypuff and Amoongus “new concept”, while I assume they would have just said “RFakes” if they were that since Khu has already used that term for a bit now.

I just don’t understand creating past/future forms in SV when they would have made much more sense to establish in PLA.

Like literally, how is Hisuian Sneasel NOT simply past form Sneasel? They went through the trouble of renaming Sinnoh in order to fit all the Hisuian forms into the established regional form naming convention… something more is up with Jogglypuff and Amoongus beyond simple past/future forms I think.

I need to see those rockruff deer drawings omg
This is the one I remember most, by Tzblacktd on deviantart:

new_pokemon_from_pokemon_sun_and_moon_by_tzblacktd_da2gg02-fullview.png
(hopefully that worked, the image link was long as hell, if not I'll edit it after I post)

Of course, plenty of people correctly identified rockruff as a doggo.
16577013846165153475271327393126.jpg

We have no clue if there are 'Past/Future' forms, why do people keep calling them that...:cautious:

EDIT: I also think these two are still the supposed RFakes Khu mentioned, and that he will elaborate upon the mechanic around it in September. Having a third new Pokémon form would be bullocks.

Last edited:
Past/Future forms come from "nowhere" and is just fan speculation herited from time travel theory itself herited from the legendaries being ancient/future themed.
Time warp could be something more abstract like an energy form (crystal shapped?) allowing to borrow a power from another time. Just an example.

I'll do this huge recap of all the stuff that leaked in the last two days.

Informations
  • The region is called Paldea in Japanese. It has 3 big cities and 9 towns.
  • The story is defined “tear jerkingly good”.
  • There's a new female rival.
  • The champion is "half male, half female". (Two champions? Version exclusive champions? Gender fluid champion?)
  • Gym leaders are back: electric, normal, psychic, grass, bug, water, ice, ghost.
  • Elite Four are back.
  • Pokemon will time-travel somehow. The player will not.
  • The regional dex has 300 to 500 pokemon and the leaker saw "lots of new pokemon". There's no National Dex.
  • New pokemon: a dolphin; a flamingo; a flower pokemon. Pawmi and Lechonk both have an evolution.
  • The game has a gimmick. All the pokemon can use the main gimmick (which has something to do with crystals) and many NPCs use it too. There's an item that looks like a ball (given to you by Nemona) and that allows you to activate the gimmick.
  • Then, there are two new concepts that influence battles: the first is related to a new type of forms. The second is "Regional Fake" but it's not clear what it does. Jigglypuff and Amoongoos will get one of this new concepts.
  • The legendaries will not have 5 forms (this conflicts with what Khu said however).
  • There a group of 4 semi-legendaries (like the bird trio or the four swords of justice).
  • Fuecoco evolution does not look like a snake, it looks like an alligator that touches the ground. Sprigatito evolution is "soso" in terms of cuteness.
  • Wooper get a poison type regional form and gets a new evolution (Sneasel --> Sneasler situation). Sunflora may get a regional form.
  • According to khu one pokemon from gen 1, three pokemon from gen 2 and one pokemon from gen 5 will get a cross-gen evolution.
  • Dunsparce has an evolution but it does not fly. Murkrow will get an evolution. Girafarig has an evolution. (This matches Khu info).
  • Not all the hisuian pokemon will be in the game.
  • No new type added to the game.
  • Mega Evolution is not back.
  • No new type of pokeballs.
  • No new Eeveelution. However, there's an eevee sub quest.
  • Dodrio will not get a new form and Komala, Golduck, Sunflora and Delibird will not get a new evolution.
  • No new fossils.
  • The leaker says there will be a DLC for the games (so does Khu).
  • The leaker found out data for Pokémon NOT currently in the game.
(There's speculation about Magnemite getting something, maybe a new evolution or form or gimmick. Couldn't find anything clear about it).

Pictures

1) 7/8 Gym Leaders. The blu haired one is a male. (The one missing is probably the grass or the bug one)
2) Rival.
3) New pokemon.
4) New evolutions.
5) Regional Form.
6) New concept or "Regional Fake".
7) The player riding (a bike?). Not clear if this comes from the leaker.
8) Uncertain.

• Pokemon confirmed to be in the games:
Gible line;​
Koffing line;​
Igglybuff line;​
Foongus line;​
Misdreavus line;​
Girafarig;​
Houndour line;​
Sunkern line;​
Dunsparce;​
Murkrow line;​
Wooper line;​
Skwovet line;​
Komala;​
Goomy line;​
Teddiursa line;​
Rotom.​
  • Pokemon confirmed to NOT be in the games:
Joltik line;​
Feebas line;​
Wailmer line;​
Beldum line;​
Smoochum line;​
Golett line;​
Pikipeck line;​
Aipom line;​
Furfrou;​
Minior;​
Woobat line;​
All previous starters pokemon.​
That's all I could find. Feel free to tell me if I missed anything.

[Sources: Reddit; Twitter; Centro Leaks; Khu; New Leaker]

Last edited:
I don't recall anything about Cryogonal, besides it is in the dex. I hope its not Cryogonal though and winds up being something like Watchog or something. Or even a new branched evo.

Tauros I could believe. I think a handful do believe it cause of a Khu riddle. The thing with the pink end was a Lechonk evolution though according to Kaka.

I'd love a new regional variant or evolution for the Reuniclus line. (or maybe Elgyem/Beeheeyem...I feel like that's a gen 5 mon that could use some more love)

I could see a new regional variant for Bouffalant happening, Tauros isn't the only candidate.

Wait. So now everyone is saying not to expect a trailer today...?

Jesses. What's up with this marketing strategy.
They seem, so far, to follow the same one they used for PLA. Although not knowing the name of the region and the map is quite unique.

Not sure about today/this week, but I do think a trailer will be shown in July.

Yeah this marketing feels really dry. Though it could be worse.

Could be like what the did to us Elder Scrolls fans and Elder Scrolls 6. sobs

Still, it is rather annoying.
Not comparible; ES6 won't come for years. It's barely in production.

For reference; Starfield (same studio; Bethesda) has just received a big 15 minute overview trailer. Including gameplay-footage. And it won't be out for quite a while (somewhere 2023).

Last edited:
Among the 151 pokemon that form Gen 1, Tauros, Ditto and Mew are the only standalone pokemon who have not received an evolution, a pre-evolution, a Mega, a regional form or Gigamax form in the other gens. Considering Mew is a mythical and most likely won't receive anything and that Ditto exists just for breeding, if Tauros receives something this gen, then basically all Gen 1 mons have an evolutionary line or a parallel form of some sort.
Then we have 42 pokemon that have an evolutionary line in gen 1 but have yet to receive something new:
Spearow, Ekans; Nidorans, Paras, Venonat, Psyduck, Mankey, Bellsprout, Tentacool, Doduo, Seel, Sheelder, Drowzee, Goldeen, Staryu, Omanyte, Kabuto and Dratini lines.

Back
Top Bottom