• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Man I hated the elite four of Alola. Instead of four new characters we got 3 of the same (including that child with the cat face) and one new person. I like when we have more unique character designs. Also, like. I already beat you. Wanna see me do it again? Yeah cool cool cool kicks in teeth next!

Plus it just feels weird for someone like that to hold two important jobs. Like what if some kid wants to challenge the fighting gym but the fighting gym leader is currently all the way across the country being an elite four member? It feels like the pokemon equivalent of someone being in parliament but also being part of the supreme court.

Plus it just feels weird for someone like that to hold two important jobs. Like what if some kid wants to challenge the fighting gym but the fighting gym leader is currently all the way across the country being an elite four member? It feels like the pokemon equivalent of someone being in parliament but also being part of the supreme court.
To be fair this probably happens sometimes already, the gym leader being halfway across the country when you want to challenge them, would suck if being a Gym Leader meant you could never leave town.

To be fair this probably happens sometimes already, the gym leader being halfway across the country when you want to challenge them, would suck if being a Gym Leader meant you could never leave town.
Giovanni for example.

But still it does not really make sense to have the same character as a GL and E4.
Unless a GL is promoted DURING the game. Almost like Alola.
Or unless this character is playing two identities on purpose.

Man I hated the elite four of Alola. Instead of four new characters we got 3 of the same (including that child with the cat face) and one new person. I like when we have more unique character designs. Also, like. I already beat you. Wanna see me do it again? Yeah cool cool cool kicks in teeth next!

To be fair, Gen 7 was a pretty bad time for the franchise game-wise. At this point repeating 3 in the E4 was hardly the thing I'd worry about. (Even if I have... thoughts about the sudden inclusion of Kahili. Not negative, I love Kahili, but it could have been done so much better.)

so there was no trailer...bye y'all. There is NO hype for these games.
With the way they're marketing these games, they're killing the hype. Last two days were the most interesting days we've seen this whole news cycle thanks to the new leaker. Its seriously frustrating.

I analyzed the art style of gym leader leak art and can say it's definitely real. If it's not real, I'd be...horrified at the skill level but I don't think it's the case. Why do I think they are real? Easy, not only character faces and model lighting matches the models we've seen so far but the characters themselves are too varied and well designed to be fake. Fake models usually all play around one face type but here we clearly see various bodies, face types and even costumes which are TOO specific/elaborate not to be real. Verdict: Real.

I feel like at this point the Kaka leaks seem as legit as a rumour/leak possibly could get without an official confirmation. Especially since Khu has been backing these leaks.

I'd be really surprised if we didn't get a trailer this month. I'm still expecting that they'll have one trailer each month. That expectation doesn't fall apart until we get to August 1st with no third trailer.

Okay, I think I might have figured out the whole RFakes debacle. However, this is under the assumption that the new Jigglypuff and Amoonguss forms belong to the RFake category and that the R still stands for 'regional.'

Basically, I believe that Regional Fakes could be Pokémon's analog to the phenomenon of convergent evolution as opposed to regional forms/variants being a parallel to divergent evolution IRL. For those of you who don't know what that is, convergent evolution is when an organism takes on the characteristics and traits of another organism without actually belonging to same ancestral lineage, the opposite of divergent evolution (when an organism changes its characteristics to suit its environment). As for how Pokémon could possibly implement this:

Imagine we have a brand new species that's vampire puff ball. Upon evolution, this Pokémon evolves into a Pokémon that looks and acts like a Jigglypuff to the point where most people consider it one based on the technicality of having most of the trademark Jigglypuff traits (perhaps even sharing the same Pokédex number). It looks like a Jigglypuff; sounds like a Jigglypuff; and even acts like a Jigglypuff. However, it belongs to a different evolutionary line than the standard Jigglypuff we know and love. Think of the Galarian Legendary Birds, only there's little ambiguity as to whether or not these are transformed versions of the same creatures or just extremely similar lookalikes.

At the very least, it'd be more interesting than them being artificial Pokémon.

This was exactly my thought once.

But
1) it would be uuuuuultra lazy, because it's litterally a regional variant but you change the name of the Pokemon.
2) This is inconsistant with what Khu said. (but considering what he said about the "3 mechanics", he can be misleading)

This was exactly my thought once.

But
1) it would be uuuuuultra lazy, because it's litterally a regional variant but you change the name of the Pokemon.
2) This is inconsistant with what Khu said. (but considering what he said about the "3 mechanics", he can be misleading)
To be fair it might not even be a different Pokemon name, it could straight up just be Regional Forms but they are called something different because there's different story fluff whatever to them. More of just different lore than meant to actually be a different concept (especially with Regional Forms also still existing)

I feel like we have this same conversation game after game, I’m sure the next trailer is coming soon
Agreed.

They could have zero trailers this month and next month, and only do trailers in September, October, and release date, and the games would still sell great.

To be honest, I don’t really see the point in monthly trailers. I love it as a fan, but generally speaking, the contents of the game itself is what should sell the game, not that the content was advertised across 5 months and not 3. Right?

To be fair it might not even be a different Pokemon name, it could straight up just be Regional Forms but they are called something different because there's different story fluff whatever to them. More of just different lore than meant to actually be a different concept (especially with Regional Forms also still existing)
That would be sooo disgraceful, from Game Freak first, and from Khu also, who has been creating hype and mystery around this concept.
But very credible.

That would be sooo disgraceful, from Game Freak first, and from Khu also, who has been creating hype and mystery around this concept.
But very credible.
Not that I disagree, but didn’t Khu put ‘new concept’ in quotes when referring to RFakes? That implies that it’s more a different spin on an existing concept rather than its own brand new thing. That and the new pictures are kind of what led me to my theory in the first place.

Or am I misremembering him putting quotes on ‘new concept’ in that tweet?

Back
Top Bottom