• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I’m hoping it’s this.

That or the first three are all about the same levels (around 20-25), so you rely on type matchups to help you with the first couple, then the next three are about the same level (35-40), but by that point you have many types so it’s more just choice, and then the last two are just generally tough and high level.
Except thats still an order. It's not an order you're forced into but a 'choice of free order'.

If 4 to 6 is a bunch of levels higher, sure, you could do those first and grind your ass off and do the easy ones later, but the levels still indicate you're supposed to go into a specific order. Just less so since you can challenge the one between those 'blocks' in any order, but you'll still have to do the 'blocks' in order (Block 1 - 3, block 4 - 6, block 7 - 8).

This gimmick is just... Z-Moves... Reskinned?

Not going to lie, not excited about it. For the love of god at least re-use the gimmicks and expand on them.

Also, lol, gyms in any order but no level scaling. I knew it. GameFreak can't do something like this. Mudded.
They could have the gym leaders having different teams based on the badges you have.

I'd love to see a Challenge Mode avaliable before beating the game. I don't know what's stopping them from doing this. Just increase the levels of trainers and Gym Leaders' pokémon, also each Elite Four member should run a team with six pokémon, each holding a hold Item and with perfect IVs. From a developer standpoint, I completely understand the game having a low difficulty and simple stories, since these games are primarily marketed to children, and I don't know if most fans really want a hard mode because most are casual players.

That being said, beating the Gyms in any order is a huge step forward, they did the right thing and they deserve some credit. (y)

Except thats still an order. It's not an order you're forced into but a 'choice of free order'.

If 4 to 6 is a bunch of levels higher, sure, you could do those first and grind your ass off and do the easy ones later, but the levels still indicate you're supposed to go into a specific order. Just less so since you can challenge the one between those 'blocks' in any order, but you'll still have to do the 'blocks' in order (Block 1 - 3, block 4 - 6, block 7 - 8).
I never said it wasn’t still an order.

It’s just a smart way to inject choice and variability into the gym challenge while still adhering to the idea that the gyms have the same team (and therefore same iconic ace Pokémon partner) and difficulty for everyone, should they have decided to go that route.

Even open world games have areas and bosses with set difficulties and levels. While I personally hope the leaders have 8 teams based on how many badges you have when you face them, I think it’s honestly a very slim chance of that happening.

Gyms in any order but with no level scaling?
I hope I'm misinterpreting that and Gyms at least change based off badge count or something. I generally dislike heavy scaling in RPGs but it would make sense for Gyms to pace themselves based off their challenger's experience, and the fact the player and the AI use the same characters and mechanics means the power difference can't be obfuscated in the way of a lot of many older non-linear RPGs.

Ah, so that's what Khu said by "weird" translation. Do anyone have the picture in Japanese? I'm curious to read the original one.
Problem with this whole situation, that Khu is pointing out, is that most people are asking Kaka questions in Google translated Japanese and Kaka is replying in Google translated Japanese. Neither side understands the language they're communicating in.

Seems that Kaka is actually Chinese but is choosing to respond mostly in Japanese despite not knowing it.

So yeah, expect broken as hell and confusing answers out of all of this.

Like how in Xenoblade Chronicles you can fight that hulking giant in Gaur Plains who's level 80 right from the start of the game....doesn't mean you should.
Spent so much of my time afraid of that thing when I played. But you bet your sweet bippy the moment I could, I returned to that bastard and fed him to the ground.
~
OwO I like this talk of crystals because I like shiny things and crystals yes.

My gym order is going to be nearest to farthest. I am original and unique and special.

It seems that the gyms might have to be cleared two times, before the postgame.
Not sure if that's something to work around the lack of level scaling.

Is Kaka still leaking? I thought they were done for today.

Interesting. I wonder if gym leaders will use the type buffing gimmick?

Spent so much of my time afraid of that thing when I played. But you bet your sweet bippy the moment I could, I returned to that bastard and fed him to the ground.
~
OwO I like this talk of crystals because I like shiny things and crystals yes.

My gym order is going to be nearest to farthest. I am original and unique and special.
This. While playing Zelda BOTW, I wanted to beat the game in the hardest way possible, so I left Vah Ruta for the last and went after Naboris.

Problem with this whole situation, that Khu is pointing out, is that most people are asking Kaka questions in Google translated Japanese and Kaka is replying in Google translated Japanese. Neither side understands the language they're communicating in.

Seems that Kaka is actually Chinese but is choosing to respond mostly in Japanese despite not knowing it.

Now that's why we need some new official information. Though I still want to read that just for the laugh. XD

My prediction for how they'll do leader scaling is that each gym leader has eight teams, based on how many badges you have at the time you fight them. That way they don't have to do algorithmic level scaling (which imo sucks ass and ruins games) while still keeping them balanced for when they're challenged.
This is called scaling. Not algorithmic but static.

Even with broken translation, you can easily understand the context. For the gimmick, the whole picture is pretty clear, thanks also to the use of examples.
Khu and Khu followers are just disappointed to not be the "master race" anymore.

As someone who lives in a non-English speaking country and doesn’t know the language yet, I can attest to how awful Google translate is for even one-word sentences, let alone full questions and answers.

So yeah anything text-based will be a mess.

I don't know what's stopping them from doing this.
This phrase is Game Freak in a nutshell.

I'm not asking for them to do 100 different teams based on your ace's level, but at least 3 or 4 variations depending on your badge total shouldn't be that hard to code. Also, they have even programmed harder stuff like "Lusamine is the champion the first of every month" before or the difficulty levels from B2W2.

As someone who lives in a non-English speaking country and doesn’t know the language yet, I can attest to how awful Google translate is for even one-word sentences, let alone full questions and answers.

So yeah anything text-based will be a mess.
Completely off-topic, but DeepL is a much better alternative. I've found that it's a lot better and clearer.

This phrase is Game Freak in a nutshell.

I'm not asking for them to do 100 different teams based on your ace's level, but at least 3 or 4 variations depending on your badge total shouldn't be that hard to code. Also, they have even programmed harder stuff like "Lusamine is the champion the first of every month" before or the difficulty levels from B2W2.
GameFreak's the equivalent of that one OP character in anime that one-shots everyone and knows it, but insists they are just a humble merchant cause they don't feel like putting in the work or think it's too much hassle.

Even with broken translation, you can easily understand the context. For the gimmick, the whole picture is pretty clear, thanks also to the use of examples.
Khu and Khu followers are just disappointed to not be the "master race" anymore.
Not even remotely the case. We're concerned that Kaka's going to overspoil the game too early, and aren't really enjoying the garbled info... and you guys seem to be picking up some fake info here, so I'm not sure just how off-track you guys are, especially with examples. Like Blaines on twitter is reporting things from both fake Kaka and 4chan, among other places, that people think are coming from the real Kaka and are now passing around as legit, so it's a whole big mess.

I hate the "only Pokémon can somehow time travel". Time travel already existed in the games (the Celebi event). Both humans and Pokémon can time travel. Not just Pokémon. I absolutely hate it. Either you put time travel and have anyone that can use it, or just don't do it.

As for Regional Fakes, maybe people from the Region call a species the same name as a previously existing species, even though the RF and the Pokémon whose name was given to it are NOT the same species. If the OG is allowed to be transferred, they may have the same Dex Number because, for the Region, they're the "same" species, even though it's not the case. As I've already said, if the OG is allowed to be transferred, maybe the RF will be unable to breed, or just be from a different Egg Group (meaning that the OG and the RF can't breed together).

Either that, or the people from the Region already called Vampire Jigglypuff a Jigglypuff before hearing about the Kantonian Jigglypuff, and both Pokémon having the same name is a coincidence. Meaning that, for them, the Kantonian Jigglypuff is a Regional Fake and treat their Jigglypuff as the OG Jigglypuff. About Dex Numbers and breeding, the same as mentioned above.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom