• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

My main problem with Kaka over Khu is how they are leaking all this information super quickly so far from launch. The thing I really like about Khu is less the riddles and more how it is spread out, helps keep my hype instead of risking months of nothing new because all the info is already out there.

Aw, bye @Oriden! I shall miss you!
~
I know the reason why Khu is so vulgar apparently (to keep people from sharing their stuff) but like... someone could easily screenshot their posts, go into MS paint, and blank out the offending things and basically using non-vulgar stuff. Like... all it's doing is adding an extra step but it can and still easily could still be taken and shared around.

Also without pictures all these kaka leaks are just words to me. I am a visual person I wanna see PICTURES or don't even talk to me. Even blurry pictures are great!

My main problem with Kaka over Khu is how they are leaking all this information super quickly so far from launch. The thing I really like about Khu is less the riddles and more how it is spread out, helps keep my hype instead of risking months of nothing new because all the info is already out there.

I feel like it's still exciting because, even though I now know there's a ghost dog or coin Pokemon I have no idea what they look like. I have no real idea what my reaction will be when I see them.

That's also why I'd prefer if we got more text leaks instead of the blurry images, because I feel like they tend to spoil the excitement of an official trailer reveal (or even a picture leak a week before release) more. I could live without my first impression of a new Pokemon being that of a blurry smudge.

Wow!!!!

8e21WZK.png
Well, considering RF of legendary bird trio last gen, it's not that surprising.
Watch one of them be a Lugia counterpart responsible for the Galarian Bird trio.
Can you please also remember me what's the purpose of that Pichu in 2022? Cause imo it's an unuseful pokemon. This is why I would have preferred these new mons to be just forms. Why would I need a different Misdreavus when I don't even want to use a normal Mismagius?
What I'm saying is that I hope these pokemon have better stats, abilities, types etc. cause if they are just regional forms trasnformed into new pokemon, then that's really a shame to have to remember 20+ new pokemon that are basically already existing pokemon reskinned who took the spots of new possible designs (aka real new pokemon). Not counting we have almost 1000 pokemon, don't see the purpose of start cloning old ones to make the number bigger.
I never said it was a good idea to keep them from having evolutions; just that it’d be lore consistent. Also, I share your sentiment of them having good stats and enough differences to appreciate these new creatures as their own thing.

Gimme poison-type Past Umbreon.
I personally would rather have that as an RFake whose species got mutated by the toxins mentioned in Umbreon’s Pokédex entry. I mean, if Eevee’s DNA is unstable enough to give it eight different evolutions, then why can’t exposure to a property of one of the Eeveelutions cause a mutation in a different species?

I also don’t get the idea that kaka represents lax security at TPC but Khu doesn’t.
I don’t think Khu has ever leaked images or screenshots from the actual games. Or given straightforward facts about designs and new Pokémon. There’s a very important reason Khu works through riddles (until now, where they seem to be giving straight up facts now as well in order to… complete with Kaka? Stay relevant? I don’t care to know why).

The Kaka vs Khu thing just means more will get spoiled before launch too, rip.

I think of all the new form change stuff etc the only thing we're mostly in the dark in is Rfakes, where there's supposedly quite a few and we only know the Diglet/Dugrio eel. Those are actually becoming more exciting to me given they evolve + the sound more like "new pokemon" and less like form changes than the ancient forms.

As long as the majority of legit new pokemon isn't spoiled to us though, since it seems like there's a lot of them this time, I am pretty confident that this will probs feel like the most ambitious generation in a while.

One thing to think about is that despite all of these pokemon/form leaks, we know next to nothing about the region layout itself, exploration, towns, landmarks, etc. That'll still be exciting to experience upon playthrough.

Last edited:
I don’t think Khu has ever leaked images or screenshots from the actual games. Or given straightforward facts about designs and new Pokémon. There’s a very important reason Khu works through riddles (until now, where they seem to be giving straight up facts now as well in order to… complete with Kaka? Stay relevant? I don’t care to know why).
I think Khu probably has access to the information but maybe not direct access to files and images, unless he like, takes a pic with his phone. Or he's worried pics are more traceable.

So.....i just came back, saw that Khu and Centro are currently going at it sigh
I also saw that misdreavus and pawniard are getting new forms(or is it evos?). Saw that there is a new spider pokemon. So that's cool.

What else got leaked that's big? There are a lot of new pages on here than yesterday, so there must something worth talking about.

I think Khu probably has access to the information but maybe not direct access to files and images, unless he like, takes a pic with his phone. Or he's worried pics are more traceable.
Khu (which is a team of at least 3 people) 100% have seen and have access to all designs, including legendary designs for DLC for SV. Yet they don’t leak any images or (in the past) direct information because that gets the Nintendo legal team after them.

I would prefer not to see leaks, but I also have no self restraint. Which is why I've committed myself as keeper of the repository, so I have an actual real excuse.

Sadly, now that Oriden won't be updating the Oridex anymore, I'll have to make something myself which will be way less pretty.

So apparently RFake was a term that only exists because Khu originally actually thought this pink water eel was a regional variant of Diglett, put “RF” next to the hint about it, realized it was actually not at all related to Diglett, and thought up “fake” to rewrite the hint to still be true.

Sigh. I no longer even know if there is a mimic-esque type of Pokémon group in this game, or just a case of a leaker getting confused and covering their labeling mistake by creating a new concept.

Because there are already so many Pokémon that can be considered extremely similar to other ones (many Gen 5 are similar to Gen 1, etc). It could just be that this region has overlaps in concept like Unova had.

Has Kaka even said anything about this RFake Pokémon category?
To my knowledge, Kaka has never mentioned the term RFake. The only time they acknowledged it was when someone asked about the Dugtrio, they said it was not the same as the ancient Jigglypuff and Amoonguss.

I think your explanation that Khu made up the term to cover his error when labelling that Water-Diglett regional fakemon as an "RF" is very likely. Despite his grandstanding, Khu and his cooperators are not immune to misunderstandings, but Khu comes across as the type who would rather retroactively change what he said than admit outright that he made a mistake.

EDIT: I mentioned this in a previous post, but I don't believe that there is actually a "real" category of mimic-esque type Pokemon or RFakes, but there may exist a small number of Pokemon that reuse concepts or design elements from previous generations. Unova is a good comparison with Tauros/Bouffalant and Luvdisc/Alomomola, so I think that's more of what we can expect with these so-called Rfakes. At least they'll be different types this time.

Can we just come together and agree that our leak community is a crap show? And it makes me sad that we lost coro coro and got this to replace them.
I don't know, I think it's way more informative than the craploads of fake 4Chan-rumours we usually get.

This is still one of the more sizeable leaks for a Pokémon game, this long before release.

I don't know, I think it's way more informative than the craploads of fake 4Chan-rumours we usually get.

This is still one of the more sizeable leaks for a Pokémon game, this long before release.
I don't like how it invites people who have a history of false info piggybacking off of the legitimate leaks and then throwing their one stuff in there and claiming it came from the leaker.

I actually fell for it once. Someone threw the fake info that this gen we get two Pseudos, a fire phoenix, and poison/dragon type. I think they even called themselves kaka. This was false.

Sorry for slightly off-topic post. I wanted to ask the repository: Repository Thread

With the unprecedented amount of new info atm (with no sign of stopping soon), I've been thinking about restructuring how the repository works.

The major question on my mind is: Should I provide a way for readers to find only the "latest" info?

Recently, I've just been adding things into the new write up section as info comes in so everything is in one place, but since news comes sort of rapid fire, I find myself wondering if this makes it hard for people to figure out what's new (what they may have missed) and if that is an issue? Maybe I should be making a new comment every time I add something in with the contents of what I'm adding? I haven't been doing that because I feel weird about bumping my own thread.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Wait, wait, wait. There are no fossils in SV period? Is this actually confirmed? I though all Kaka said on this topic was that there are no new fossils in the games, not that there are no fossils at all.
Yes, Unfortunately - This was confirmed by Kaka. One of the features within the game is a time travel mechanic where you can get ancient/future pokemon. We are unsure of the specifics at the moment.

Edit: Sorry I miss read your post. There are no NEW fossils in game, not sure if there are no fossils period. This actually gives credence to the idea that this is Lilleep we are seeing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom