• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Sorry for slightly off-topic post. I wanted to ask the repository: Repository Thread

With the unprecedented amount of new info atm (with no sign of stopping soon), I've been thinking about restructuring how the repository works.

The major question on my mind is: Should I provide a way for readers to find only the "latest" info?

Recently, I've just been adding things into the new write up section as info comes in so everything is in one place, but since news comes sort of rapid fire, I find myself wondering if this makes it hard for people to figure out what's new (what they may have missed) and if that is an issue? Maybe I should be making a new comment every time I add something in with the contents of what I'm adding? I haven't been doing that because I feel weird about bumping my own thread.

Any feedback is appreciated.
I think separate posts explaining what has been added would be helpful, I'm sure I've seen other threads doing something similar before.

Guess we are still waiting a while yet to see how they go about Galar fossils in future games. Will there be a separate person reviving them or is the same person who is smart enough to properly revive the other fossils also dumb enough to make the monstrosities that are the Galar fossils.
Could be just some guy who's like "once there was a woman from Galar who was disgraced by the science community she so loved due to her strange experiments in reviving partial fossils. But as time went on, public opinion started to change and her creations caught on in some circles. This led me to study why and how they were so popular. I too was adamant about them at first, but I must admit they do have a certain charm about them. I guess you can say I've become a fan of this mysterious yet careless scientist. Would you like me to combine your partial fossils for you?"

Honestly I would prefer the leaked information from Kaka instead of riddles and puzzles from khu and barely have any info from GF. We're going to enjoy the leaked information while it last it, before GF get a hold of him. So Kaka supposed to be back tomorrow, I hope he leaks about flag system and racing system.

At the very least, I'm hoping that the trailer shows just one thing from the screenshots Kaka shared. Right now, we're only sure of Kaka's credibility because of second-hand endorsement from Khu, who is an admittedly reliable insider, but not exactly a perfect substitute for official information.

With all this talk of mistranslation and misunderstanding, I'm getting the sense that we may have been too quick to take everything Kaka says at face value. Technically, nothing Kaka has shared so far has been supported by an official trailer from TPC. Even if they only show one of the new Gym Leaders or one new Pokemon, I think that will go a long way in properly establishing Kaka's credibility, as well as how much truth there is to the things they are typing.

With all this talk of mistranslation and misunderstanding, I'm getting the sense that we may have been too quick to take everything Kaka says at face value. Technically, nothing Kaka has shared so far has been supported by an official trailer from TPC. Even if they only show one of the new Gym Leaders or one new Pokemon, I think that will go a long way in properly establishing Kaka's credibility, as well as how much truth there is to the things they are typing.
Unless said Gym Leader ends up being the single one Kaka didn't provide an image of, which is entirely possible.

Even if GF give us another trailer, we already know much about SV with Kaka leaking information, especially if they're some stuff that wasn't on later trailers that Kaka already leaked out. The damage is already done.

I don't think there is a specific reason we haven't got our next trailer yet, Gamefreak simply hasn't given it to us (Maybe if it was earlier in the month you could connect it to the former prime minister situation but I feel like its been long enough for that not to be the reason.)

I'n drunk but I will TRY to be coherent
You did a very good job! :bulbaWave:

I agree. I like having information before going into a game. Heck I struggle to play most games without a guide nearby so I don't screw up stuff. Especially anymore with games that have 'guide dang it!' secrets or missable things. And knowing things about a pokemon game in advance will hardly ever kill my desire to play it. Mostly because actually playing it is an entirely different experience than hearing about it. Also... it's a pokemon game. Odds are the story isn't going to be too crazy or hard to figure out once you start playing in the first place. Also I don't want to raise a new pokemon of a specific type only to find out it doesn't learn any good STAB moves without use of the gimmick. Or how to evolve a pokemon if we get another weird ass gimmick. Who would think of doing half of the things the weird pokemon do to evolve anymore? Let me just flip my system upside down while this squid levels up. Or walk through this stone arch after my pokemon took at least 49 damage without fainting. Or having my actual character spin around a certain direction for a certain amount of time so my pokemon who is holding a special item doesn't only evolve but I get the color I want.

Heck even the pokemon that can only evolve during day or night are hardly intuitive. Especially for someone if they only play during a certain time of day. Only have time to play during the day on your lunch break? Boy I sure hope you don't want anything that can evolve at night. And then throw on some item requirements on top of it!

You know what would be great? If the pokedex at least hinted at some things. Or the item descriptions themselves. Shit, it wasn't until legends arceus that the Razor Claw hints that its for a certain pokemon evolution. And even then it doesn't say which pokemon and only that the item is 'loved by a certain pokemon'. Now tell me, if you hadn't learned what that item does from the internet or someone else who figured it out, how likely would you be to be using a Sneasel in battle, at night, holding a razor claw because you wanted it to crit more often, and have it level up in that time frame? When it evolved would you have honestly realized the correlation between all those requirements? Or would you assume you just hit the correct level for it to evolve, or any other combination?

I'n drunk but I will TRY to be coherent:

I don't get why wee aren't getting a trailer yet? Are they holding out on something or do they think their fans will better appreciate mystery

Because I defin itely prefer information > mystery
If I had to guess, they probably wanted to space out the big reveals so as to not show off everything before the game is even close to launch. From some reactions to the Kaka leaks, I don't think people would have been too satisfied if TPC officially revealed all the new gimmicks, features, and Pokemon too quickly.

Provided Kaka and Khu are not exaggerating, this game has:
  • The Crystal Gimmick.
  • The Ancient/Future forms.
  • New gameplay elements like School Classes, Motorcycle Races, an Auction house, and others.
  • A more extensive Main Story involving "3 Routes" that must be completed, plus a new batch of Gym Leaders and presumably a villainous team to reveal.
  • A large number of Brand New Pokemon, including proper cross-gen evolutions, 2 Regionals, and whatever RFakes turn out to be.
So maybe they wanted a slow burn, each month receiving one trailer focusing on one new feature that people could talk about and speculate on. Of course, a lot of that is all out the window thanks to Kaka, but I highly doubt TPC will change their multi-million dollar marketing plan because of it.

So maybe they wanted a slow burn, each month receiving one trailer focusing on one new feature that people could talk about and speculate on. Of course, a lot of that is all out the window thanks to Kaka, but I highly doubt TPC will change their multi-million dollar marketing plan because of it.
Slow burn is too slow for me, tbh.

Back
Top Bottom