• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

The problem is that, nothing about the past Pokemon we have designs of scream "ancient", the Amoongus and Jigglypuff are time warp right? I could see the stretch with jigglypuff but not really Amoongus.

I could see Miraidon as an exception but probably not the rule.

The problem is that, nothing about the past Pokemon we have designs of scream "ancient", the Amoongus and Jigglypuff are time warp right? I could see the stretch with jigglypuff but not really Amoongus.
oh yes Swamp Amoonguss and Jigglypuff Dracula..... they seem to be more "halloween form" to be honest! XD

I could see Miraidon as an exception but probably not the rule.
That will probably come with dex descriptions.

Obviously making the future ones all robotic would be boring, since evolution can take something in a number of different ways, but I do really like the idea of Koraidon and Miraidon being ancient and future forms of the same Pokémon.

Especially knowing from Khu that the DLC will have ancient and/or future versions of old legends. AND especially knowing from Kaka that there is a motorcycle Pokémon!

Side note- since Tyranitar is assumed to get a future form since it’s assumed SV pair, Salamence, is getting an ancient form, it would be a shame to not have THAT one actually go robotic and be a Mecha Godzilla.

Vampire Jigglypuff makes a little bit of sense considering it's a cat-shaped balloon. It's probably like a saber-toothed tiger balloon now or something.

Sure it retcons the anime, but at the same time it's still referencing real world evolution with them having attributes that disappear over time. Maybe it used to be carnivorous and now it's not...kind of like pandas.

Indeed, I can see ancient Pokemon designed as adding more "savage" characteristics like saber teeth, or spikes, moss etc.
In the case of Ancient Amoonguss, I am quite bothered by it keeping its Pokeball patterns though. They still look like modern Pokeball. And even if they twist the lore by saying Amoonguss is the one that inspired Pokeballs, it does not make really sense with ancient Pokeballs found in Hisui for example.

Indeed, I can see ancient Pokemon designed as adding more "savage" characteristics like saber teeth, or spikes, moss etc.
In the case of Ancient Amoonguss, I am quite bothered by it keeping its Pokeball patterns though. They still look like modern Pokeball. And even if they twist the lore by saying Amoonguss is the one that inspired Pokeballs, it does not make really sense with ancient Pokeballs found in Hisui for example.
I must say, they don't really look all that primitive at first glance. That's why I doubt we'll see mechas/cyborgs as 'future' forms.

Anyone remember Neopets' Tyranian 'pets? Those were a lot more "obviously primitive'.

Anyway, can't wait to see all this in a trailer or something. Too many questions, still.

Okay, about the whole “no daycare” thing, does this mean that breeding is entirely absent and that we have to rely on RNG, mints, and bottle caps for natures and IVs? Will we be able to initiate breeding without that location? Or is Game Freak going to scrap the IV system altogether?

Okay, about the whole “no daycare” thing, does this mean that breeding is entirely absent and that we have to rely on RNG, mints, and bottle caps for natures and IVs? Will we be able to initiate breeding without that location? Or is Game Freak going to scrap the IV system altogether?
Kaka said that you get eggs through some other way. No elaboration on what that way is though.

Just dropping it here:

1658179135088.png

You know, not related to the topic at hand but I am not sure how to feel about a Pokemon game about school where there's tests and such coming out the year I finally finished school. It's inescapable truly.
I swear, if it turns out I have to pay attention to nonsense the teachers talk about to pass tests like in Personas 3-5 then I will riot. :annoyedVoltorb:

I for one actually hope they finally let us make the Pokémon we catch in the wild fully customizable to be competitive via training centers that replace breeding. They’ve made big leaps toward that end, but it’s still not there.

Getting rid of breeding and establishing a new way to get moves and stats onto the Pokémon I already have and love? Yes please!

I swear, if it turns out I have to pay attention to nonsense the teachers talk about to pass tests like in Personas 3-5 then I will riot. :annoyedVoltorb:
Hey its better than the answers all being in some random fluff dialogue book that's missable and you didn't even know existed because you don't care about the lore that much like some other games.

Well, it's not that irrealistic to think that what is said during lessons is going to be asked in exams.

I'm quite curious to see how the whole system related to the school actually works, to be honest.

They'll probably just write it off as some similar pattern with the connection unknown. Like moths and butterflies that have skulls and numbers on them.

Anyone remember Neopets' Tyranian 'pets? Those were a lot more "obviously primitive'.
Tyranian Neopets were mostly like Flintstones style primitive with like leopard skin togas, bone accessories, and everything being wooly mammoths with all the overgrown fur. I think Pokémon is going for the realistic approach. I mean you could make the argument that saber-toothed tigers are just today's mountain lions with big teeth.

They'll probably just write it off as some similar pattern with the connection unknown. Like moths and butterflies that have skulls and numbers on them.

Tyranian Neopets were mostly like Flintstones style primitive with like leopard skin togas, bone accessories, and everything being wooly mammoths with all the overgrown fur. I think Pokémon is going for the realistic approach. I mean you could make the argument that saber-toothed tigers are just today's mountain lions with big teeth.
To be fair; None of the currently existing cat-species are descendants of the sabre-toothed tigers; The latter's group got extinct - Entirely. ;)

Biologically speaking, because they could still function as an 'ancestor' for a fictional game, of course.

So it’s just the existing type-boosting held items. :rolleyes:
That collection of information is what was already stated last week by Kaka, with all the possible issues in translating, as Khu mentioned that it wasn't actually well-explained by the former..

I think it's better to wait and see how it actually works. It'll likely be shown in the next trailer anyway, as it was teased in the last one.

Back
Top Bottom