• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I completely understand the feelings, Zeosan. Khu (which is a group of people) are awful as people- I don’t follow them or anything. I see what they say here and on Discord. Clever with riddles, completely lacking in values. I find this all too common, including within official Pokémon things-I stopped playing Pokémon Unite after their social media team made anti-gay posts. That game is still thriving, but I won’t play it.

The compromise on this forum was to discuss the leaks independent of the leaker or non-leak remarks the leaker makes. This requires saying their name (to contribute the leak to a source) and discussions about leak-related reputation.

That’s all that should have been being discussed, and that’s the compromise I signed up for, because I enjoy talking about Pokémon and leak possibilities and this is the reality of that. That hasn’t been what’s been happening here.

We've been at this before:
  • This is a leak-thread, so we talk and discuss the leaks.
  • We can't change Khu's reprehensible attitude, nor is it our duty to moralize him; We can't just 'cancel' him. Enough people on the internet follow his comments, not just this forum.
  • And please, don't bring our own morality up to discussion regarding the sharing of Khu's leaks.
  • All of us probably abhor his behaviour, so bringing it up has no meaningful impact on this community.
  • We all agreed not to share bigotted parts of his posts, I think? Not entirely sure. Let's keep on doing that.
  • Let's keep on discussing the substance, not the folk behind it. We have no clue whatsoever about their personal lifes.

Khu and Ka have been complementing each other when it comes down to the essence of the leaks. It's not perfect, there are misunderstandings, misinterpretations and mistranslated sentences. Then there's also the petty squabble Khu has with Centro. No doubt about that. But both leakers have proven their mettle to us. These have been some of the biggest Pokémon leaks as of yet, especially this early. So, let's keep our heads cool, keep ourselves busy with the substance, and cautious regarding mistranslations/misinterpretated information. Even though most of it is probably correct, apart from the more technical/elaborate side of things.

That's all.

I think Imma check out of this thread for a while. Its exhausting keeping up with everything and trying to parse two different leakers one of which is a tool that can get away with bad behavior because they're the only reliable source we have. Especially since neither of them speak english as a first language so there will be a lot mistranslated or lost in translation. Plus Khu has a slight unreliability in that he waited ages to admit he screwed up about stuff and was pushing inaccurate info.

Plus there's barely any pictures. So boringggg.

I'll probably pop into the discussion thread from time to time. This is where my leak hunting ends, friends! Au revoir for now~

That's what I meant. Other than the possible number jokes (Lickitung, etc.)...they don't care about milestone numbers. Ho-oh and Celebi are definitely just coincidences given that Gen 2 brought 100 new Pokémon and legendaries and mythicals show up at the end of the list.

If anything they care more about making number jokes instead of notable numbers.
what do they do about joke numbers?

People are starting to check out. Oriden was one of the first to peace out. I don't I've seen her comment anything in....the last 15 pages or so?Pinkicefox also peaced out.
I think I'm going to do the same. This just isn't fun anymore.

I'll probably just pop in and give a count of how many days it's been since the last trailer or comment on something that really catches my eye.
Peace out.

Tomorrow is basically July's last hope.
Even if we get nothing tomorrow, there's still next week... right? :cry:

Honestly, at this point, all I want is the official name of the region. That's it. Keep your fancy new forms and crazy new gimmicks, TPCi! Just give me an actual name, so I can stop calling this region PokéSpain!!

what do they do about joke numbers?
Things like the Galar gym leaders' jersey numbers. The number puns. Lickitung is probably the most...uh...infamous...example of it happening in the pokedex. There's also things like Voltorb being #100 (it was originally a tsukumogami before the apricorn semi-retcon), Spiritomb's Sinnoh dex number being #108, and a few others that have associations to the specific pokemon.

So unless they can think of a good pun or number association for #1000 (sen), it's probably just going to pass uneventfully like every other number that people think are special numbers.

I'm starving for news. Would love to see our new regional bird, plus more rivals and at least one Gym leader. I suspect that the game is being rushed and they're going to sell us another unfinished product. Anyone feel like the release gap between the mainline games is too close/short? The time gap between Legend Arceus and Scarlet & Violet is too close imo.

Is this going to be the first generation without a regional bird? We’ve heard nothing about one from Khu or Kaka. I mean it kinda makes sense there isn’t one since you can explore the entire map from the get go, but yeah. The only “birds” we’ve hard about is the Flying/Fighting Flamingo and the Cleopatra Ostrich.

It's weird to think that we know of all these Pokemon now but most of them don't go any further than us knowing what animal/object its based on, and there's still a bunch more we know nothing about. Do wish occasionally Kaka would tell us more about the designs but I suppose that could super easily be misunderstood from translation issues.

Oh no. Oh no. Stupid lizard incoming.
FYCP-vfWQAIy57B

It's weird to think that we know of all these Pokemon now but most of them don't go any further than us knowing what animal/object its based on, and there's still a bunch more we know nothing about. Do wish occasionally Kaka would tell us more about the designs but I suppose that could super easily be misunderstood from translation issues.
I actually appreciate that Kaka has not tried to elaborate more on the designs. Firstly because it avoids even more misunderstanding like you mentioned, and secondly because it keeps some surprise left for the official reveal later on.

Its also likely that whatever Kaka says is pretty much the best he can do as far as descriptions go. If I had to describe something like Klinklang to someone else without writing a long and confusing essay, the best I could do is "its a bunch of gears with weird faces".

Back
Top Bottom