• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Saw someone mention this on ERA but apparently Necrolipe, a fairly reliable insider for Nintendo stuff said that Kaka hasn’t leaked close to everything in the game. Pretty exciting stuff.
I mean the sheer fact that he hasn't leaked anything about the story means a lot I would think. We also don't know anything about the characters of the evil team or the E4 and Champion. Based on Kaka's estament we also only have like, half the new Pokémon and even then most of them we don't know the types or specific design details of. We still don't know anything about an entire half the map ect.

Wait......he's gone? Like, has he been undone for good?
That's what it's sounding like. He literally came out and said that there is no point in riddling more stuff for this year(personal assumption, but I think he's butthurt about Kaka taking the wind out of his sails), and he also revealed he got reported to Twitter (allegedly by Centro) and now has eyes on him,so he has no choice but to stop. So,yeah, I think he's gone.

Saw someone mention this on ERA but apparently Necrolipe, a fairly reliable insider for Nintendo stuff said that Kaka hasn’t leaked close to everything in the game. Pretty exciting stuff.
I don't know about story and gameplay but I'm taking note of all the new pokemon leaked:

78 New pokemon:

1) 58 Entirely New pokémon. Of these:
- 38 are already part of an evolutionary line.
- 10 are standalone pokémon (Flamingo; Bike; Parraket; Worm + 4 Sub Legendaries + Miraidon & Koraidon).
- 10 Pokémon (Pepper; Kaimen rider bug; Dolphin; Flower; Ostrich; Spider; Samurai bug; Frog; Bird; Fish) may or may not have evolutions. We still don't know.
2) 4 Cross-gen Evolutions. Dunsparce; Bisharp; Girafarig; Primeape.
3) 1 Regional Evolution. Wooper.
4) 6 Past Paradox Pokémon. Jigglypuff; Misdreavus; Amoonguss; Volcarona; Salamance (?); Unknown Gen 2 Pokémon.
5) 6 Future Paradox Pokémon. Delibird; Gallade/Gardevoir; Haryiama; Volcarona; Tyranitar (?); Unknown Gen 2 Pokémon.
6) 3 Regional Fakes. Diglett; Dugtrio; Gen 1 Water Pokémon.

2 (or 4) Regional Forms:

1) Wooper. (Posion/???)
2) 3 Tauros forms (Fighting; Two unknown dual type forms).

If the leaker is right and we have 120-140 new mons, then we still miss 42 to 62 new pokémon. BUT, we know there are about 9 past and 9 future paradox pokémon and 9 regional Fakes (and we only have 6/6/3), so 12 (3+3+6) of these new pokémon will be those.
In the end, 30-50 entirely new pokémon missing (some of these will be probably evolutions of those 10 pokémon that leaked without further informations about them).

I don't know about story and gameplay but I'm taking note of all the new pokemon leaked:

78 New pokemon:

- 10 are standalone pokémon (Flamingo; Bike; Parraket; Worm + 4 Sub Legendaries + Miraidon & Koraidon).
- 10 Pokémon (Pepper; Kaimen rider bug; Dolphin; Flower; Ostrich; Spider; Samurai bug; Frog; Bird; Fish) may or may not have evolutions. We still don't know.
4) 6 Past Paradox Pokémon. Jigglypuff; Misdreavus; Amoonguss; Volcarona; Salamance (?); Unknown Gen 2 Pokémon.
5) 6 Future Paradox Pokémon. Delibird; Gallade/Gardevoir; Haryiama; Volcarona; Tyranitar (?); Unknown Gen 2 Pokémon.

2 (or 4) Regional Forms:

1) Wooper. (Posion/???)

If the leaker is right and we have 120-140 new mons, then we still miss 42 to 62 new pokémon. BUT, we know there are about 9 past and 9 future paradox pokémon and 9 regional Fakes (and we only have 6/6/3), so 12 (3+3+6) of these new pokémon will be those.
In the end, 30-50 entirely new pokémon missing (some of these will be probably evolutions of those 10 pokémon that leaked without further informations about them).

Wasn't it mentioned somewhere that the 120-140 mons probably included listings for new Pokemon/forms that will come with DLC?

If that's the case then I would presume at least 10 of those slots are reserved for DLC, if not more.

78 New pokemon:

2 (or 4) Regional Forms:

1) Wooper. (Posion/???)

Something i haven't seen mentioned yet, but what if the past Paradox form is Skarmory and it loses its Steel armor.

Do we know anything more specific about the four sub-legends? Apparently, they all have Chinese names.

Something i haven't seen mentioned yet, but what if the past Paradox form is Skarmory and it loses its Steel armor.
It should have a future form too. A more armored Skarmory seems unlikely, though.

The flags in the second trailer that we thought were about a racing event/game are the flags of the evil team, apparently.
Dang it, I was hoping there’d be a new side activity. Still, the implication of those flags belonging to the evil team suggests that they might have more influence on the region than past teams might have. Hopefully this means we’re finally going back to the “Team _____ will be taken seriously” route that hasn’t been done since Gen VI; we don’t really need another situation where the “team” isn’t the main threat in favor of a twist villain for the third generation in a row after they fell short with Chairman Rose.

I'm mixed on this. For PLA it made sense because of the research tasks, but for mainline series I hope you can disable it as Pokemon evolving after a battle was very satisfying.
There’s actually other reasons to put off evolving a Pokémon though, like if you want to learn certain moves earlier or if you wish to make use of Eviolite. Having to possibly press the B button for those reasons after every level up can get annoying unless you use an Everstone, so I can see why PLA’s handling of evolution would be a returning feature. Personally, I’d like the automatic evolution to happen once, with pressing the B button putting the evolution on hold until you activate it from the menu.

That’s pretty reassuring TBH. Hopefully this means there’s a new in-depth side activity like Pokémon Contests (ORAS and Gen IV versions; not the watered-down version of BDSP), Pokéathlon, and PokéStar Studios.

Why are they hellbent on not making the Exp. Share All optional again? There is no valid reason for taking away a player’s choice in that for their own experience.
In theory if they don't need to account for both options it's easier to design bosses and other enemy encounters.

In practice they seem to veer on the side of absolutely burying the player in Exp so that exploring any trivializes a lot of the game and it plays havoc with EVs on top of that.

Why are they hellbent on not making the Exp. Share All optional again? There is no valid reason for taking away a player’s choice in that for their own experience.
It’s kind of standard in RPGs now, and as Daren said it’s easier to balance around one than both. That said, the option is nice and they could still tweak it a lot better. Let’s say they return to PLA’s EXP at battle’s end system, they could try something like:

- Pokémon that fought against a certain Pokémon get 100% of the EXP value of that Pokémon’s EXP if they fainted it and didn’t swap or the other Pokémon that faced it fainted.

- Multiple Pokémon that fought the same Pokémon get 50% of that Pokemon’s EXP value

- Pokémon get 25% of the value for each Pokémon they did nothing against

That way, it’s still important to actively use your lesser-used party member to keep them up to speed.

I said this before, but I'll believe that Kaka is done for good if he stops for longer than a week. He's "quit" and come back too many times at this point.

And even if he is really gone, and even if Khu is done, I think there is a chance that a new copycat leaker will arise with legitimate info. Kaka was at this for around two whole weeks and left on his own terms without getting "caught". If anyone else in a similar position to him has seen this, they might be emboldened to try leaking stuff themselves.

You will probably have instant access to your boxes again, just rotate your team through that.

I actually like the system because it encourages me to have a rotating roster of more than the 6 Pokemon you are forced into using. Also means that early mon you would normally swap out towards the end of the game get a chance to keep making appearances.

It's going to be interesting to see how this sub deals with no more Khu or Kaka if the latter actually does stop leaking after this week.

We pretty much drained all discussion on stuff to talk about. There is nothing really else to say about what was leaked.

But then again,I wonder if Kaka will ever actually leave now that Khu is done for the year(so he says).

It's going to be interesting to see how this sub deals with no more Khu or Kaka if the latter actually does stop leaking after this week.

We pretty much drained all discussion on stuff to talk about. There is nothing really else to say about what was leaked.

But then again,I wonder if Kaka will ever actually leave now that Khu is done for the year(so he says).
I think if Kaka is really, definitively gone, Khu will probably come back. I suspect the main reason Khu decided to stop leaking is more because Kaka showed up and derailed all the riddles and teasing he had planned (hence the "not fun anymore" comment). If Kaka is out of the equation, I can see Khu making a "triumphant return" to get into the spotlight again.

Back
Top Bottom