• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

This thread is gonna be real dead for a while huh

possibly, but i think it was the perfect amount of and form of information that ever did leak; nothing that took anything away from experiencing the actual world and gameplay, and, then on top of that, a lot of the details are not ones that really stay in memory!! :) :)

I mean now we’re just gonna rehash the same stupid conversations we’ve had for weeks. That won’t be fun

I mean now we’re just gonna rehash the same stupid conversations we’ve had for weeks. That won’t be fun
Or people could just not post if they don’t have anything new to add? We don’t have to speak just for the sake of hearing our voices, it’s okay to let threads go dormant when they have run their course.

Or people could just not post if they don’t have anything new to add? We don’t have to speak just for the sake of hearing our voices, it’s okay to let threads go dormant when they have run their course.
I agree. That’s not what’s going to happen

There are still riddles to resolve/speculate about.

There are the gimmick riddles: "3 types" + the 2 polls related to Sudowoodo and Teddiursa.
There is the keys riddle. It still does not make really sense despite being a follow up on the (now revealed by Kaka) coin Pokemon.
There is the 12 genders list corresponding to 11 characters. And related to that, why Kaka revealed only 7 GL over 8? Could this hide the fact that a single character plays different roles? (leader of 2 gyms? leader of a gym and E4 member? leader of a gym and champion?) We know that Kaka took care to not reveal too much about the plot and story-related elements.
Speculation on E4 types because we know they are repeated from previous E4.
Speculation of types associated with the flag thing system that Khu hinted. Also Kaka gave also a hint about the flags: something like "ennemy" or "opponent".

Plenty of things to discuss.

Riddle discussion is useless. It's such vague shit that can't be placed in context unless you've actually fully played the game for making it all fall into pieces that it'd just be speculation for the sake of speculation. Just let the thread go dormant if there's nothing and revive it if there's something relevant.

For several months riddles were the only kind of leaks and speculation the only possible discussions. By this logic, the thread should not have been created in the first place before Kaka...
Let's let people talk about leaks, whether it's speculation or opinions on the current known leaks.

We... don't really know of that many mechanics that would lead to that? The only thing I could maybe see children struggle with is the school stuff but even then chances are the questions and such will be super simple.

This thread is gonna be real dead for a while huh
We are also at the point where there will be wider advertising and merchandising companies beginning to get their briefs and put products into production, so there may be leaks about things that come from those angles, not someone testing the game.

This game feels like it's suffering from feature creep. There's too many ideas shoved into one game. It's clear that this game is not meant for children.
At its most basic, the game is still Rock Paper Scissors Expanded.

Kids probably will enjoy it more, because they can slowly discover and build up their knowledge, rather than breeze through the story and know everything about the game in a couple of days.

New riddle?

Capture d’écran 2022-07-24 093626.png

We are also at the point where there will be wider advertising and merchandising companies beginning to get their briefs and put products into production, so there may be leaks about things that come from those angles, not someone testing the game.

At its most basic, the game is still Rock Paper Scissors Expanded.

Kids probably will enjoy it more, because they can slowly discover and build up their knowledge, rather than breeze through the story and know everything about the game in a couple of days.
There's just so much stuff to keep track of. There's three quests for the player to go on, Past/Future forms, Regional Fakes, the crystal gimmick, Pokemon picnics, and more. There's just too much stuff packed into this game and I might not buy this game for that reason.

There's just so much stuff to keep track of. There's three quests for the player to go on, Past/Future forms, Regional Fakes, the crystal gimmick, Pokemon picnics, and more. There's just too much stuff packed into this game and I might not buy this game for that reason.
okay, your loss.

I'm not really sure why that worries you, though. It doesn't sound like it's that much more than Swsh + DLC.

The three quests won't be obscure; the game will likely give you quest markers to follow if you want to. It will probably be like the Crown Tundra DLC. (which had a quest to find the Regis, a quest to help Calyrex and a quest to do the Dynamax Adventures) Except in this case, it will be doing the gyms, doing whatever the school wants you to do (probably catching/seeing pokemon), and probably fighting the bad guys (like every pokemon game except open world)

Past/Future forms are just pokemon that look like other pokemon, but stronger. There's probably some lore a trailer will reveal, but they're going to function exactly like normal pokemon with stats similar to a legendary pokemon. You
probably fight them as part of the main story, or they might be optional side bosses like Raid Dens in SwSh.

Regional fakes are just new pokemon designed to look like old pokemon for the lols. There's nothing special you need to learn to use them.

The gimmick will just be a button you press in battle to activate like Dynamax and can probably be ignored if you want to.

Pokemon Picnic sounds completely optional and like an updated version of Pokemon Camp/Curry Making.

I mean, I kind of get why you're worried; I've played some RPGs where there were so many mechanics that needlessly cluttered gameplay (the world ends with you comes to mind), but I doubt it's going to feel that much different than a normal Pokemon game. I think getting info through leaks just makes it sound more hectic than it really is.

okay, your loss.

I'm not really sure why that worries you, though. It doesn't sound like it's that much more than Swsh + DLC.

The three quests won't be obscure; the game will likely give you quest markers to follow if you want to. It will probably be like the Crown Tundra DLC. (which had a quest to find the Regis, a quest to help Calyrex and a quest to do the Dynamax Adventures) Except in this case, it will be doing the gyms, doing whatever the school wants you to do (probably catching/seeing pokemon), and probably fighting the bad guys (like every pokemon game except open world)

Past/Future forms are just pokemon that look like other pokemon, but stronger. There's probably some lore a trailer will reveal, but they're going to function exactly like normal pokemon with stats similar to a legendary pokemon. You
probably fight them as part of the main story, or they might be optional side bosses like Raid Dens in SwSh.

Regional fakes are just new pokemon designed to look like old pokemon for the lols. There's nothing special you need to learn to use them.

The gimmick will just be a button you press in battle to activate like Dynamax and can probably be ignored if you want to.

Pokemon Picnic sounds completely optional and like an updated version of Pokemon Camp/Curry Making.

I mean, I kind of get why you're worried; I've played some RPGs where there were so many mechanics that needlessly cluttered gameplay (the world ends with you comes to mind), but I doubt it's going to feel that much different than a normal Pokemon game. I think getting info through leaks just makes it sound more hectic than it really is.
I believe that it's possible that the third quest is actually Pokemon Races. Pokemon Picnics are also more complicated because that's where breeding happens now.

I believe that it's possible that the third quest is actually Pokemon Races. Pokemon Picnics are also more complicated because that's where breeding happens now.
The flags were said to be related to the evil team, so it might be races against the evil team members.

I think picnic is combining elements of Refresh, Camp, Pokepelago, Daycare and Jobs into an all-in-one feature. In my opinion, it will make it less complicated because there's not a separate location you have to go to anymore. It will probably all be available from the start menu. I'm sure when we get an official trailer on picnic it will make sense. It's hard to judge if it will be complicated or not from hearsay alone.

Breeding is the most complicated thing about Pokemon. Picnic could potentially make it much easier to understand and use than having just the daycare.

The flags were said to be related to the evil team, so it might be races against the evil team members.
I have to ask, was that ever actually said? As far as I know all Kaka ever said about the flags was the word "Opponent" which could be the evil team but could also easily be something else.

Last edited:
At first I was skeptical about the flags being related to the evil team (or the main antagonist, because for the 2 last generations, the evil team was not the real ennemy - really hope they will stop with that BTW).
Khu said: "The flag thing is a new sys, tho I haven’t teased anything abt it yet, you could also guess how many types that thing is gonna have lol."
"New system" + several types associated to, it did not look like it was about the evil team in my opinion.

But why not, maybe this time the evil team is a gang of bikers that developped a challenge different from the gym challenge and involving races.

The paradox forms will probably be handled a lot like the Ultra Beasts in Sun/Moon? They will probably have a story or quest involving their appearance. Another possibility is that they take the slot of the story based Raid Battles.

Regional Fakes are not an actual thing, but made up by Khu. Regional Forms are just more forms of existing Pokemon and in game don't require explanation, they just show up as Pokemon to battle against and catch.

The Crystal Gimmick will most likely be explained quite explicitly in the normal gameplay like Megas, Z-Moves and Dynamax was.

Picnics just take the place of Camp or Refresh.

I think this will probably be the case - the DLCs provide an excellent testing ground or launching point for future features. I could see a quest system along the lines of that one as a way of giving structure to major parts of the game (finding legendaries, paradox forms), with maybe some single quests like Legends Arceus to encourage other types of exploration.

Back
Top Bottom