• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I wouldn't be surprised if the amount of stuff they are trying to pack into this game was in direct response to some complaints that there haven't been enough stuff to do in more recent entries. Maybe that's why Scarlet/Violet's codename is "Titan".

Regarding the race flags, I think the theory that they represent the evil team holds some water. Kaka's statement of "opponent" or "enemy" is vague, but I can't think of a reason why he would tease the feature this way unless it had something to do with the evil team. If it was related to the gym challenge, or some other brand new thing entirely, he probably would have been more clear like he has been in the past, unless he just wanted to keep everyone guessing.

I could certainly imagine a scenario whereby saying too much about the people connected to the flags might lead into spoiler territory - kinda like how in the run up of the release, one might have to pretend that Team Yell are definitively the Evil Team of Sw/Sh and not Macro Cosmos.

There's just so much stuff to keep track of. There's three quests for the player to go on, Past/Future forms, Regional Fakes, the crystal gimmick, Pokemon picnics, and more. There's just too much stuff packed into this game and I might not buy this game for that reason.
Past/Future Forms
Didn’t stop kids from buying games with regional variants and Ultra Beasts, which this concept is a mash up of

Regional Fakes
A made-up term from Khu because the idiot couldn’t swallow his pride and admit he thought the eel was a Diglett variant. If these “Convergent Pokémon” are actually brought up in-game kids will ignore that title and catch them anyway and if they’re not brought up in-game then all the debate over it is moot.

Crystal Gimmick
It’s just Z-Moves/Megas/Dynamax

Pokémon Picnic
It’s just Refresh/Amie/Camp

There’s not that much feature creep at all. But Pokémon is notorious for removing features, so it’s more like a feature remix that happens every Gen.

It's also open world. They need tons of new things to do to add diversity to the open world aspect of the game, otherwise people might criticise GF for failing to deliver on the open world aspect, e.g. not measuring up to other open world games?

I do not think there is any form of feature creep at all, if anything, I believe there is the risk that there is too little! (based on what we know anyway... the next trailer could hold surprises!)

A player could choose to just do gyms and catching Pokémon/completing the Pokédex.

Another player could focus on the racing mini-game.

Another player could focus on the picnic or outbreaks to get shinies.

Another player could focus on completing the mission objectives (going for 100%, which could also include finding "easter egg" quests)

Another player may only play solely with friends (co-op)

Another player could do Nuzlocke (can't wait to see this lol, and what kind of wild challenges people will make e.g. going to a high level gym with a lvl 5 Pokémon)

I'm really interested to see the crystal feature in clear and proper footage seeming it seems to be the one thing that really got messed up in translation over time. Hopefully sooooon.

At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if we got nothing until two weeks before release, which by then we’d already have a datamine. :cautious:

Can anyone recall if they held a Pokemon Presents for PLA and BDSP a day before preorders went live? I thought I heard they did have one then.

Edit: They did. They had a Pokemon Presents on August 18th last year and a note saying "Preorders open on Nintendo eShop after this broadcast." I believe we're waiting on physical preorders though with the bonus?

Last edited:
... :(:(:(:(:(:(

1658777583117.png

At this point I have no hope for another trailer in July.

I wonder if they legit did decide to postpone any trailers until August due to the former prime ministers death? 54 days is a long time without a trailer when your trying to market a game that's the first of it's kind within your company.

I wonder if they legit did decide to postpone any trailers until August due to the former prime ministers death? 54 days is a long time without a trailer when your trying to market a game that's the first of it's kind within your company.
I kinda doubt it tbh. Other JPN video games don't seem to have stopped their advertising in the weeks since the tragic incident.

I wonder if GF has a specific reason for the wait, like they're focused on polishing the graphics so people don't harp on about it like during the SW/SH cycle or if something internally happened that put them behind schedule. :unsure:

I kinda doubt it tbh. Other JPN video games don't seem to have stopped their advertising in the weeks since the tragic incident.

I wonder if GF has a specific reason for the wait, like they're focused on polishing the graphics so people don't harp on about it like during the SW/SH cycle or if something internally happened that put them behind schedule. :unsure:
Yeah, Nintendo didn't wait to release news on Bayonetta 3 or Kirby's Dream Buffett. I seriously wanna know what TPCI is doing though and why they've chosen to release such little information.

Given how blurry the graphics seemed in the last trailer that's probably the reason for it.

I feel like (and hope) the next info will be a more substantial Present rather than just a trailer. We still haven't much official info about this PokéSpain, and there's still so much to be revealed. I think by doing it that way they can elaborate themselves more than just a simple trailer.

They do, though. Koma (コマ) is a chess/shogi piece, so it's both a chess piece and sword. ;)
Yes, I knew that. However,my post still stands: someone requested a 'Queen' to complete the 'chess set' but there is no Queen in shogi. And it's technically not 'Pawn' either but something else entirely, a separate piece because after all, shogi is not chess, rules may be similar in a way but the game's different and linguistic associations are different

Back
Top Bottom