• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Ok. Since absolutely nothing is happening right now(literally, there was only like 3 posts since last night),I guess I'll just say this and log off.

We are now at 55 days since the last trailer. Though the countdown may restart soon.......

I don’t want to sound high and mighty, but 2 months without a trailer isn’t that weird for a video game. If anything, that’s actually pretty fast, especially because Pokémon games tend to be revealed the year they release compared to other games which sometimes are revealed up to like 5 years before sometimes.

Whilst it’s true this goes against the marketing of past Pokémon games, I don’t think it should be a tremendous cause for concern.

”They want to polish it”
Plenty of games need polish before they release, and we’re getting so close to the final launch it’s just going to be touch ups or it’d get delayed.

”They know it’s ugly/disappointing”
Considering Dexit, the most controversial moment of the entire franchise, was off-hand in an interview, I don’t think GameFreak is worried. Pokémon will always sell well, and I’d reckon it would take a Sonic 06-level train wreck to even put a noticeable dent in the series. Which can’t really happen if they stick to the core battle system IMHO.

”Abe’s death”
Possible, but other Japanese games have been full steam ahead. I wouldn’t be surprised if it did have an affect, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t.

To me, this just looks like they’re trying out something new. Trailer 1 revealed the game, its starters (most noticeable new Pokémon), and gave us glimpses of its open world (the most notable new feature). Trailer 2 puts the meat on those bones, showing us some more Pokémon and how the world and gameplay works. Still pretty surface level stuff, but it’s enough. The next trailer will probably then show off the new gimmicks (Crystal and Paradox Pokémon, I guarantee RFs/Convergents will get slight or no acknowledgement and be treated like regular new Pokémon) and we’ll get another trailer or two after that (either in October or one in Sept and Oct) and then one in November to really set off the hype before release.

They’re going for a more gradual, structured approach to reveals which is lovely after the entire mess of Kalos and especially Alola having nearly every Pokémon revealed. Of course I’m a bit hypocritical considering I’m in a leak thread, but leaks still have an air of mystique and I’ll probably just log off when it gets to the point of basically just being raw gameplay. In a way it’s reminiscent to what they did with SwSh and PLA, just to a slower extent but IMO better execution.

So, next wednesday has the highest chances for a new trailer?

I'm sceptical about today's chances.

So, next wednesday has the highest chances for a new trailer?

I'm sceptical about today's chances.

Have they (Nintendo or Gamefreak) ever done a trailer and then revealed that pre-orders are opening in the next week? It seems like they'd probably want to be like "pre orders open right now" and that isn't happening until next Wednesday.

Something I realized is that nobody is taking Worlds into account. Instead of saying "well...maybe next week", maybe it should something like "maybe we'll get something by Worlds."

I mean as far as anybody knows they took a month off because they have something big set for Worlds.

Khu started posting riddles again on the 23rd, this isn't quite as nice as straightforward leaks but it's something.

BTW Update on (potential) Khu's riddles

In another tweet, they just wrote "匠" (Takumi) which is a word that can refers to a craftsman with excellent skills. Looks like it could be related to this previous tweet.
Maybe the occupation of one of the Gym leaders?

---

They tweeted: "纵三世 - 燃灯 释迦摩尼 弥勒" which can be translated into "The 3 Buddhas - Lamp bearer Shakyamuni Maitreya"
Dipankara (or the Lamp bearer) is one of the buddhas of the past. Shakyamuni is the historical (= present) buddha. Maitreya is the buddha of the future.

In the same thread they tweeted: "众生平等,人人皆可修成现世活佛,参透此禅宗,方知泰坦事", which Deepl translates into: "All beings are equal, and everyone can become a living Buddha in this world."

Looks like it could be related to the box legendaries and the global theme of the plot.

---

They tweeted "CuSO4", which is the chemical formula of Copper sulfate. It can be found in a blue crystal shape.
Maybe related to the gimmick.

I feel like riddle is the wrong word at this point, Its just singular words and phrases. But I don't exactly have a better word to use so.
To be fair, the term “riddle” has become watered down these days to mean any kind of word puzzle, completely separate from the art form.

But in regards to the...unique way Khu presents his leaks, I like to think of them as “Khu-isms” personally.

They tweeted: "纵三世 - 燃灯 释迦摩尼 弥勒" which can be translated into "The 3 Buddhas - Lamp bearer Shakyamuni Maitreya"
Dipankara (or the Lamp bearer) is one of the buddhas of the past. Shakyamuni is the historical (= present) buddha. Maitreya is the buddha of the future.

In the same thread they tweeted: "众生平等,人人皆可修成现世活佛,参透此禅宗,方知泰坦事", which Deepl translates into: "All beings are equal, and everyone can become a living Buddha in this world."

Looks like it could be related to the box legendaries and the global theme of the plot.
My first thought was that it could be related to the minor legendaries. Dipankara, Shakyamuni, and Maitreya + a living Buddha would make 4, alternately, there's a religious sect in china (Yiguandao) that considers those three Buddhas particularly important and also has an (actually genderless) “Infinite Mother” as the main deity. Either way, it wouldn't be any odder than 3 of the Four Symbols debuting in the equivalent of New York.

Did we by any chance get a leak or a rumor about what those four sub-legends would look like? I could have sworn I saw that one of them was going to be a horse.

Did we by any chance get a leak or a rumor about what those four sub-legends would look like? I could have sworn I saw that one of them was going to be a horse.
IIRC, no info about the sub-legendaries, except there are 4 of them.

So much for Khu permanently leaving.

Man's addicted to all the clout and attention. And now that Kaka is gone, he can get it injected into his veins.

Getting real sick of this dude. Either leak properly or get out. No one has time and energy for these vague as hell riddles.
We need to stop giving him the attention, especially after all the useful information we got from Kaka and Khu saying he was done leaking.

Also it appears a new domain name was registered under Pokemon-SV-Live.Pokemon.co.jp

Last edited:
That sounds quite interesting :) :) Without E3, there was not really the usual place for having a hands-on demo. i thought i remembered that Sun and Moon had an E3 demo, and, definitely that SWSH did, so,
this may be some kind of stream to help show what the open world experiences are like!! that perhaps would feature different people playing and explaining a little about it all.

They tweeted "CuSO4", which is the chemical formula of Copper sulfate. It can be found in a blue crystal shape.
Maybe related to the gimmick.
Could be, it could also be related to the leaked "salt Pokémon"

Could be, it could also be related to the leaked "salt Pokémon"
The CUSO4 "riddle" is just Khu saying "See you suffer". Now that Kaka is seemingly gone for good and Khu isn't riddling anymore(or at least not in the way he was), he thinks we are suffering by getting nothing at all and is enjoying it.

That's all he means,let's not look to deep into it.

The CUSO4 "riddle" is just Khu saying "See you suffer". Now that Kaka is seemingly gone for good and Khu isn't riddling anymore(or at least not in the way he was), he thinks we are suffering by getting nothing at all and is enjoying it.

That's all he means,let's not look to deep into it.

What we got from Kaka will keep me satisfied until release anyway. (especially since we'll likely be getting some trailers confirming some of his information in the next few months)

We know about 60+ Pokemon at this point which is a lot for being around 4 months from release. I don't know about anyone else but I'm feeling pretty well fed in terms of leaked information.

If anything it should be Gamefreak/Nintendo posting the "see you suffer" riddle with the wait for the new trailer being so long. :LOL:

We know about 60+ Pokemon at this point which is a lot for being around 4 months from release. I don't know about anyone else but I'm feeling pretty well fed in terms of leaked information.
From what I can gather....
  • Kaka has said around 120-140 new Pokemon.
  • Khu has said that Kaka may have been adding forms or something so its not exactly 120-140 new Pokemon?
  • Khu did say though that its a relatively higher amount of new Pokemon.
  • We know about 60 or so, including a parakeet, frog, ostrich, flamingo, dolphin, ghost puppy, engine, and more.
  • We know that Khu has said the ancient/future Pokemon do have a dex number and there was a good chunk of them.
  • We also know there's no such thing as RFakes and it was just a mistake from Khu.
  • We know from Kaka that we will break 1000 and the 1000th Pokemon isn't anything special.

Back
Top Bottom