• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

There are some things Kaka said that might be inaccurate or mistranslated, but this certainly did boost Kaka's credibility in a huge way.
I agree. I was just wondering and maybe this give us a hint of what kind of stuff he has access to.

I wonder if Khu was mistaken about lechonks evo because cetitan matches his description—white and feminine-ish with pink eyeshadow and eyelashes?

Idk I just don’t see lechonk evolving that way and Cetitan matches his description almost perfectly

I guess if Champion is now a class of trainer that would explain why Kaka said both male and female when asked about the champion.

Though I'm not sure why he couldn't have just said there was more than one champion....

People seem disappointed by the trailer's content, but I feel like there's so much to unpack that I'm not even sure where to start.

The first thing is that I'm pretty sure the official website confirms that there is no gym scaling, at least not in the way we think. There is a line that says this on the website:

You can purposefully seek out a stronger Gym Leader, or you can simply stop by a Gym that happens to be located in a town you came across on your journey.
There is no reason for them to word things in this way if the gym leaders scaled according to your level. "Purposefully seek out a stronger gym leader" sounds to me that some gym leaders are explicitly stronger than others, and this is constant no matter which gym leader you tackle first.

That said, I also noticed something interesting in the later part of the presents, when they were showing off the gym battle with Grusha again, you see his Cetitan's health bar pop up, but it looks different from how the UI usually looks:

Health-Bar.png

Now, it could be that this is just beta footage they forgot to replace, but what if Gym Battles work differently from regular battles? Like maybe all Pokemon are set to a specific level and the "strength" is derived from EV spreads, items, Tera-Type or other field effects? Not sure if that would be better than having proper level scaling, but its something that would make things interesting at least.

I wonder if Khu was mistaken about lechonks evo because cetitan matches his description—white and feminine-ish with pink eyeshadow and eyelashes?

Idk I just don’t see lechonk evolving that way and Cetitan matches his description almost perfectly
I think Kaka mentioned Lechonk has gender differences.

Oh yeah, the gimmick for the fourth time being revealed n August. Daring today, aren't we?

And what a hell of a gimmick. Found it poor, really not a fan.

Only 3 new pokemon, no new cross-gen evo, only 1 gym leader and no difficulty scaling confirmation or disconfirmation.

Yeah, this trailer didn't excite me at all.

i don't understand the video editing style for Pokemon at this point; it feels very scrambled, scrambly. the graphics look the best they have so far, but, also so shiny; there should be an options panel for changing the graphical effects somewhat?? most games on computers have had that for decades: although i don't have a switch yet, did any of the Pokemon games have something like that already??

More than likely, the actual game will be very nice to experience in real time!! but it is so hard to tell with that editing style.

i don't understand the video editing style for Pokemon at this point; it feels very scrambled, scrambly. the graphics look the best they have so far, but, also so shiny; there should be an options panel for changing the graphical effects somewhat?? most games on computers have had that for decades: although i don't have a switch yet, did any of the Pokemon games have something like that already??

More than likely, the actual game will be very nice to experience in real time!! but it is so hard to tell with that editing style.
Agreed, graphics looked better than the two first trailers. And I get the "shininess" you're referring to, but unfortunately, yeah, no Switch game has any such configuration options.

The first thing is that I'm pretty sure the official website confirms that there is no gym scaling, at least not in the way we think. There is a line that says this on the website:
Yeah, it seems so. Missed it

May I say this new gimmick looks a bit too complex? Not counting the agony I will feel each time I'll see a pokemon with a chandelier on its head. Crowns and chandeliers, seriously? This choice is so childish, I hardly believe GF decided to actually use it.

Regarding the map size, it seems to be closer to PLA maps all combined. For a supposedly 2022 AAA open world game, it's quite small.

At the same time, I don't see the island Kaka was referring to? (I mean, it can't be that little one on the right) So maybe there's that

Back
Top Bottom