• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

The gimmick is basically Hidden Power, except it can also change your Pokemon's type. It does look ridiculous though, and I'm sure they could have come up with a more interesting way to show its effect visually instead of a bunch of funny hats.

I really liked that trailer, I’m sold. Kaka is legitimized but I do wonder when we’ll see Rfakes and paradox forms, I was expecting at least a tease given the games are out in 3 months. Region exploration looks nice but I’m hoping there dungeons/caves.

A bit sad about seemingly no proper region champion or e4 though

I think it is very likely that Paradox Pokemon will get a reveal in the next big trailer if there is one, since the way Kaka described them sounds like they are as important to Scarlet/Violet as the Ultra Beasts were for Sun/Moon.

As for Rfakes, since they aren't an actual new category of Pokemon we might never see any of them until the game gets leaked/released. Judging from this trailer, they most likely won't be showing a lot of the new Pokemon before launch, similar to past news cycles.

I mean, aside from Paradox Pokemon there is also the picnic feature that Kaka talked about. During the SWSH news cycle there was a whole trailer dedicated to camping and I imagine they will probably do the same thing here. So that's possibly two news dumps that will show up sometime in the following months.

I mean, aside from Paradox Pokemon there is also the picnic feature that Kaka talked about.
I suspect Arven's profile will likely factor into this:
Arven is an upperclassman at the academy. He’s good at cooking and is researching healthy recipes that can help Pokémon feel better. He will be asking you to help him out, since he isn’t good at Pokémon battles.

Capture d’écran 2022-08-03 171055.png

This teacher oddly has the same characteristics as the Ghost GL, dark skin, green eyes, and bleached blonde hair.

I could find five pairs of flags on the map:
Sans titre-1.jpg

That corresponds to the number of fragments composing the star logo.
Those flags have different colors, maybe they are associated to different types like Khu might have suggested.
It feels like they act like entrances to Wild Area-like zones.

They are probably part of the "3 stories", because when the voice-over is talking about those 3 stories and gyms being one of them, the trailer also shows images of those flags and the towers.

I could find five pairs of flags on the map:
View attachment 162313
That corresponds to the number of fragments composing the star logo.
Those flags have different colors, maybe they are associated to different types like Khu might have suggested.
It feels like they act like entrances to Wild Area-like zones.

They are probably part of the "3 stories", because when the voice-over is talking about those 3 stories and gyms being one of them, the trailer also shows images of those flags and the towers.
These are the interesting details I was looking forward to. Do you have a link to a high quality map? And its really interesting that there's 3 stories. This definitely helps Kaka's credibility.

Now, here is the question: At what point do we get the Legendary? Usually, we get it like around the 7th and 8th gyms.
I feel like the trailer may have shown it as early-game. Which is kinda weird
My guess is that Koraidon and Miraidon might be in a severely weakened state and the protagonist has to help their legendary regain it's old capabilities before we battle and capture it for ourselves. To be honest, that kind of narrative would be fun since it gives you a better excuse to capture it. I mean, they did it with Calyrex to a lesser extent in the Crown Tundra DLC for SwSh, so having that happen throughout the main quest could give us an improved version of such a plotline.

This confirms we have little customization, as we can only buy accessories from shops.
I can't say I'm not a little disappointed, but the selection they've shown thus far haven't been too limited. Maybe it'll be more varied than it seems? Or they'll just lock the greater customization options behind DLC.

Fidough my absolute beloved

I'm honestly pretty happy with the trailer! Very hyped to be able to take selfies with folks in multiplayer; it's about time mainline pokemon had a camera feature. I'm really interested in the fact that we're getting three main storylines - hopefully they'll make for more interesting content than some of the more sparse gens we've had

Might be a weird take but I am willing to accept the limited outfit options because they finally let you change the protagonists mouth and eye shape, no more perfect circles/ovals staring into the void with an unchanging smile

Is Cetitan meant to be the dolphin Pokemon that was leaked by Kaka?

I'm not really sure if people are going to really accept that mon as a dolphin Pokemon. Especially considered it's species name is terra whale.

Considering Cetitan is based on a Beluga (Amongst others, also a Narwhal it seems), yes, that is the Dolphin Pokemon as Beluga's and Narwhals are both Dolphins. But it probably also takes inspiration from the Beaked Whales (Which is just like loads of other Pokemon taking inspiration from multiple things).

I'm not unhappy, to be honest. Would've liked more Pokémon to be announced, but still.
Yeah they really should have showed off more Pokemon. If they have a larger number of new Pokemon, they can afford to show off a few more before launch.

Back
Top Bottom