• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

OMG I just heard Protean got nerfed!

Greninja and Cinderace are fuming rn lol
Apparently Zacian's ability got nerfed too. Now it only activates once during battle. Zacian is not in the game though.

Also, according to Khu, only two pseudo legendaries were cut from the games. We know Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamance, Hydreigon and Goodra are in the game. So two among Metagross, Garchomp, Kommo-o and and Dragapult are out.

Also, according to Khu, only two pseudo legendaries were cut from the games. We know Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamance, Hydreigon and Goodra are in the game. So two among Metagross, Garchomp, Kommo-o and and Dragapult are out.

I think it was confirmed that Metagross is not in the game, so that leaves one of Garchomp, Kommo-o or Dragapult to be cut.

I think Kommo-o seems the most likely to be cut. (Being the pseudo from the previous gen I'd guess they'd want to bring back Dragapult)

A few hours until the ending ceremony, I'm hungry for more information.

I hope for at least a new Pokémon reveal, but I remain sceptical. Sw/Sh's World Championship's trailer was quite alright, but only focused on combat prowess and already-revealed Pokémon.

I think it was confirmed that Metagross is not in the game, so that leaves one of Garchomp, Kommo-o or Dragapult to be cut.

I think Kommo-o seems the most likely to be cut. (Being the pseudo from the previous gen I'd guess they'd want to bring back Dragapult)
Yeah, likely, considering we already have another Dragon/Fighting in Koraidon.

I actually really want to see new info on competitive. Hopefully we'll see a couple new items and a better explanation of the Terastal mechanic. Also a couple new mons I guess
Yeah, I think we'll definitely see some competitive-related information. It's at the World Championship, so almost a given.

Let's just hope we also see one or more new Pokémon.

Zacian's nerf is well-deserved. It's kind of insane how someone greenlit that Pokémon. Makes me wonder if they ever playtested with it before.

Protean's nerf, mcuh like Gale Wings, was one I didn't feel needed a nerf in particular. And while an argument could be made for it, kind of blows for Kecleon a lot considering it's battling prowess without it, where as Gale Wings was exclusive to Talonflame's line.

I guess it has to do with the new gimmick but then just... not put those Pokémon in the games or not make those abilities legally available? Especially cause now the favorism for the furrybait bunny shows even more since it gets to keep its variant of it in tact.

Also start buffing some abilities. There are plenty Pokémon that need it. Don't just do only nerfs, smh.

I just saw some footage of the Championships' battles; Legendaries (obviously) still dominate. What a damn shame the meta has become.

I have the feeling gen 4's and 5's meta used more 'regular' Pokémon.

I just saw some footage of the Championships' battles; Legendaries (obviously) still dominate. What a damn shame the meta has become.

Gen 5 had a lot of weather teams irc. I don't remember what Gen 4 was like, but I'm pretty sure it was almost entirely legendaries and pseudo-legends while in more recent generations we've seen stuff like Slurpuff of all things able to hold their own in the Ubers tier with the right strategy.

It honestly bores me seeing the same few Pokemon on all teams and seeing them dominated by Legendary Pokemon.

Last edited:
Personnally I don't think Zacian is the mon in need of a nerf, but Calyrex-S is. Its signature move is 120 power and 100 accuracy. In comparison, Kyogre, a staple of VGC, 's signature move had 110 power and 85 accuracy. In addition, astral barrage is a spread move so it isn't affected by redirection and Calyrex-S' sp. attack is raised whenever it ko's another mon and its quicker than zacian with only 5 points less of its main attacking stat.

Personnally I don't think Zacian is the mon in need of a nerf,
Zacian
No nerf needed.

This is painful to read. This is the outright most broken mon they've ever created.

Calyrex-S has an abyssmal movepool. It's Astral Barrage may be good, but its movepool amounting to "Just counter Astral Barrage and you're good" (Or those other 1 or 2 attacking moves it has) is probably their justification for needing it alone.

Snowball abilities in just on GameFreak. They're dumb and skilless but it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom