• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Update from kaka:

• The sushi chef pokémon does not exist.
  • Kaka posted a gif of a tarantula. Maybe it's the spider pokémon.
  • The rodent pokémon with parental bond starts as a mice couple and then become a mice family.
  • The ostrich is pure psychic.
  • The eel (Diglett) is pure water.
  • The crab is rock type.
  • The pepper pokémon is a two-heads kappa.
  • The hake fish is dual type.
  • The grasshopper evolves once and it's either Bug/Dragon or Bug/Dark.
  • The crane is part flying.
  • The coin pokémon have different colors (?).
  • Tauros forms are all part fighting. One is Fighting/Fire and the other Fighting/Water or Ice.
  • Dragapult is apparently in the game.

Jeesshhh.. whats with the Fighting type obsession all of a sudden Gamefreak?

Which leaves either Garchomp or Kommo-o as the psuedo that doesn't make the dex.

Then prefably Garchomp, as it got featured in 2 games already before SV with LA and BDSP.

Pretty sure it means Kommo-o got left out. I thought kaka confirmed Gible at some point.

Which leaves me wondering who the "chicken" is for the last paradox-mon. It's supposedly a psuedo and I thought that Kommo-o fit that description best.

Pretty sure it means Kommo-o got left out. I thought kaka confirmed Gible at some point.

Which leaves me wondering who the "chicken" is for the last paradox-mon. It's supposedly a psuedo and I thought that Kommo-o fit that description best.
Yeah he did, I (and most others) am guessing its Hydregion because the only Psuedo options left are Dragonite, Garchomp, Hydregion, Goodra, and Dragapult and of those five Hydregion is the most bird like.

Last edited:
I feel like the mice family has the potential to become my favourite regional rodent depending on the design, because the concept sounds really cool.

Hopefully it's not just pure normal type, maybe Normal/Fairy?

I updated the graphic with the latest info:

One among the spider and the fish is standalone. Probably the spider.

Has it definitely been confirmed that the frog is Electric/Psychic? I feel like there's been some haziness about whether or not it has the Psychic typing...

Last edited:
I feel like the mice family has the potential to become my favourite regional rodent depending on the design, because the concept sounds really cool.

Hopefully it's not just pure normal type, maybe Normal/Fairy?
The regional mammal has already been confirmed to be Lechonk.

I think Lechonk is more along the lines of Lillipup and Wooloo, both of whom appeared alongside actual regional rodents, meaning the mice family (rat king?) could very well be the regional rodent for Paldea.

I think Lechonk is more along the lines of Lillipup and Wooloo, both of whom appeared alongside actual regional rodents, meaning the mice family (rat king?) could very well be the regional rodent for Paldea.
The term is "regional mammal", not "regional rodent", because the majority of them aren't even real rodents.

Something interesting I am now noticing is that, unless I am missing a leak we don't actually have a traditional 3 stage regional bird this gen.
But we have had 2 stage Regional Birds before (Johto and Hoenn) so I wonder if one of the multiple 2 stage birds might count for that.

Last edited:
Something interesting I am now noticing is that, unless I am missing a leak we don't actually have a traditional 3 stage regional bird this gen.
But we have had 2 stage Regional Birds before (Johto and Hoenn) so I wonder if one of the multiple 2 stage birds might count for that.
The flying/electric one, presumably.

Update from Kaka:

• The sushi chef came back to life. Maybe it's a catfish.
  • One new pokemon is ghost/fairy (the Coin? Or paradox Jigglipuff/Misdreavus?).
  • The ostrich is colorful.
  • Abra line not in the games. Klefki's in.
  • The fire Warrior and Blade may not be part Ghost and Steel.
  • The Pepper Kappa is a two stages.
  • The spider evolves. (Who's the standalone then? The fish?).

By who?

The term is "regional mammal", not "regional rodent", because the majority of them aren't even real rodents.
It’s a fan term, it’s malleable. I remember last Gen some people thought Wooloo was the rodent and they were changing it up but then Skwovet was a thing.

Update from Kaka:

• The sushi chef came back to life. Maybe it's a catfish.
  • One new pokemon is ghost/fairy (the Coin? Or paradox Jigglipuff/Misdreavus?).
  • The ostrich is colorful.
  • Abra line not in the games. Klefki's in.
  • The fire Warrior and Blade may not be part Ghost and Steel.
  • The Pepper Kappa is a two stages.
  • The spider evolves. (Who's the standalone then? The fish?).

My gut is on Misdreavus for the ghost/fairy.

I'm really interested in seeing this Ostrich now, I wonder if by colourful it means it might also have a bit of a peacock vibe?

The confusion about the Sushi Pokemon and "Oyakata" has me wondering if we were interpreting Khu's statements incorrectly this whole time, since he was the originator of the "Oyakata" term to refer to the second half of the duo.

Probably, Khu simply meant that there are two Sushi Pokemon, rather than "Oyakata" being a different, separate entity. If they have some kind of special relationship, my wild theory is that one of them represents the "Fish" part, and the other the "Rice" part, and maybe during their boss fight they combine together to form the complete "Sushi". Or perhaps they each represent different segments of a Dragon Roll Sushi, like the Megamaki from Bugsnax.

I really want more info on the 'oyakata' and sushi Pokémon.

@Joker901 Regarding the spider's evolution; The leakers could have made a minor mistake somewhere. Wouldn't be the first time.

Back
Top Bottom