• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Doubtful, they need somewhere for you to be forced to grind in order to get competitive items.
They could just stuff them behind whatever the currency of Tera Raid Battles will be. We already have precedence for such a thing through the items sold in the Crown Tundra with Dynite Ore.

So ... any new updates from Kaka?

I hope this isn't getting spammy...

They could just stuff them behind whatever the currency of Tera Raid Battles will be. We already have precedence for such a thing through the items sold in the Crown Tundra with Dynite Ore.
There has always been a Battle Tower-like facility since generation 3. No reason to undo it now.

More Frontier-like challenges would be appreciated, though. Gen 8's Battle Tower was lacking in options (including multiplayer ones).

Pretty sure one of the leakers also mentioned a Battle Tower being included.

There has always been a Battle Tower-like facility since generation 3. No reason to undo it now.
The same could have been said about the about having every single Pokémon in all mainline games, but that ended with the transition to the Switch.

More Frontier-like challenges would be appreciated, though. Gen 8's Battle Tower was lacking in options (including multiplayer ones).
I’ve actually been advocating for that for awhile now. There’s no reason a single facility can’t fill the role of “battling with a twist” that was already done with multiple facilities before. Unfortunately, I think the stripping-down of the Battle Tower in SwSh was mostly to get people to focus more on raids and ranked battles.

Pretty sure one of the leakers also mentioned a Battle Tower being included.
They did? I didn’t hear about that. Is this old news or more recent?

Real quick, I'm following along with posts like this:
GEN 9.png

Are the Tentacool and Diglett confirmed fake? I assume so as it says "Regional Fakes"

I'm a bit concerned about the latest leaks about the new breeding mechanic. I hope eggs can still be hatched as fast as in Sw/Sh.
Yeah, having to wait one to two hours sounds like a downgrade from steps. Just another bad practice from mobile phone games getting integrated into the main series I guess. So much for making online battling competitive easier to get into.

Real quick, I'm following along with posts like this:
Are the Tentacool and Diglett confirmed fake? I assume so as it says "Regional Fakes"
I updated it ;)

GEN 9.png

Note. The remaining paradox pokémon (not counting Suicune/Virizion) without a type are:

• x3 Electric
  • x2 Dragon
  • x2 Dark
  • x1 Fighitng

Last edited:
I'm a bit concerned about the latest leaks about the new breeding mechanic. I hope eggs can still be hatched as fast as in Sw/Sh.
Me too. I'm going to assume that it's an optional hatching method much like the Isle Avue found in PokePelago in Sun/Moon. I know some people who preferred that, but I can definitely hatch 18 eggs in less than an hour in SwSh.

I'm also a bit concerned about how fast eggs can be gathered if you can't pick them up from an overworld NPC. Did they eliminate the need to pick up eggs too? Do eggs now get passively deposited to a box?

Breeding is relatively fast for me in SwSh. Tyring to picture what it might be like in SV is nightmarish.

Normally, I'm not breeding a ton of eggs. I'm usually swapping parents around every 5-10 eggs initially, because first, I breed a female child with the nature I need, then I swap that child so it's breeding with one of my 6iv parents that I have. Then I keep swapping in new pokemon every time I get a pokemon with more IVs until I get the 5 that I need. Usually takes less than 45 eggs and about an hour. But if eggs take an hour to hatch in SV then It's going to take like five hours, except I don't have five consecutive hours in my day that I can come back to my switch consistently. It would take me like two days if I was diligent.

Maybe eggs just produce 5iv children now regardless of the ivs of the parents. Still sounds potentially painful for Shiny Hunters who like the Masuda Method, but maybe they could reduce the odds to compensate for time or something.

Yeah, having to wait one to two hours sounds like a downgrade from steps. Just another bad practice from mobile phone games getting integrated into the main series I guess. So much for making online battling competitive easier to get into.
Yeah, they managed to make it easier to create competitive teams in generation 8, if this leak is truly the only new way of breeding, then it'd be a massieve step back.

I still want to be able to breed 6-perfect-IV Pokémon relatively quickly.

Yeah, they managed to make it easier to create competitive teams in generation 8, if this leak is truly the only new way of breeding, then it'd be a massieve step back.

I still want to be able to breed 6-perfect-IV Pokémon relatively quickly.
Yeah, the new way will really be a pain. I hope Home will be accessible from release, that way I can just transfer the previous gen pokemon over if I need them for competitive

I'm going to look at the brightside here and assume its an alternate way of hatching for people used to the mobile games. We can only hope that they don't bring over the incubators are only good 3 uses before you have to buy another one.

I think Fairy/Fighting is also another new unused type combo for this generation.

Bug/Dark- Kamen Rider grasshopper.
Steel/Poison- Engine
Electric/Fighting- Pawmi 3
Grass/Fire- Kappa chili pepper
Fairy/Fighting- Paradox Gallade
Isn't Fighting/Ground also new? That will probably be one of the P-Donphan's types.

Back
Top Bottom