• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I don't really think so. I think you can challenge Donphan whenever it's just it'll be a mystery of what exactly it is that'll linger till the ending story
I think that they're gonna try to keep the mystery going for as long as possible and prevent the player from seeing any Paradox Pokemon or knowing what they are until the very end of the game, so I believe that Donphan will be blocked off from the player until both Victory Road and Starfall Street have been completed.

I severely doubt that they’ll block off entire routes. Some routes will make others easier, but with how loose the stories seem to be from each other all they’d need to do is slightly edit some dialogue.

Hell, if I have to guess, Paradoxes will only be explained in full in PoL (since Donphan’s family are there) or the obvious “fourth” story (the one that wraps the three together and is a shorter climax to the experience). So either you’ll learn about Paradoxes on the PoL so Donphan will be explained right before or after, or it’ll be a teaser for the final story (Paradoxes).

Kaka NEVER said we won't see Paradox Pokemon until the post game. They said we can't CATCH any until the post game. This does not rule out being introduced to them before the climax and it CERTAINLY doesn't mean the game is gonna prevent you from seeing any until the climax. There is 0 evidence to support the ridiculous claim that the game will force you to complete the Path of Legends last.

Also from the Pokemon Scarlet and Violet site,

Weave three grand stories into your adventure as you meet Pokémon you’ve never seen and unique characters. These titles have the hallmark Pokémon story of going to Gyms and aiming to become a Champion, but there is no set path, so you can go to whichever Gym you want to challenge in the order you desire.

Furthermore, you can freely go back and forth between all three stories, allowing your adventure to develop in the way you want it to.

They're making it pretty clear you can do these three stories and complete them in any order you choose. There is 0 evidence they will force you to complete the Path of Legends last.

That's why I guessed once you defeat the Donphan, Arven's only going to point out that something was weird about that Donphan, that it both looked and acted different than normal Donphans. But they're not going to follow up on that until every story's complete

That's why I guessed once you defeat the Donphan, Arven's only going to point out that something was weird about that Donphan, that it both looked and acted different than normal Donphans. But they're not going to follow up on that until every story's complete
That's probably what we'll see. When we encounter it, the game might potentially provide no information on its species, similar to Nihilego. Arven might say something about it, or maybe someone at the Naranja/Uva Academy will. That'll be it until we complete all 3 stories and the climax is triggered.

Now that I think about it, if there does end up being a fourth story that wraps everything together, I guess that would make the champion not the final obstacle of the main story for once (I don't really count the weird situation in black and white)

I think what @RileyXY1 is trying to say is that all three paths are going to converge for either Donphan or Volcarona being the final boss. As skeptical as I am about forcing the Path of Legends to be finished last for the sole purpose of keeping Paradox Pokémon from being shown until the very end, I could see a Paradox Pokémon boss fight being the definitive ending task for the main game as a hype factor.

I think what @RileyXY1 is trying to say is that all three paths are going to converge for either Donphan or Volcarona being the final boss. As skeptical as I am about forcing the Path of Legends to be finished last for the sole purpose of keeping Paradox Pokémon from being shown until the very end, I could see a Paradox Pokémon boss fight being the definitive ending task for the main game as a hype factor.
I suspect that the final boss is not a single Paradox Pokemon, but the actual "main villain" of the game. I can't really remember the exact post, but I think Khu or Kaka may have hinted that the final boss encountered in the finale uses several Paradox Pokemon as part of his/her team. Could be misremembering though.

I can see the ending of Path Of Legends with Paradox Donphan as being more of a teaser for the endgame area, and as many have already suggested, a sort of lingering mystery that will be left unanswered until all the story paths have been completed. There may even be other similar story beats present in the other two paths that we don't know about. Like maybe the Geeta has a Paradox Pokemon on her team, and the finale of the Team Star story similarly involves an encounter with one. There would need to be something to tie all three story paths together if we can only see the ending after beating all three, and Paradox Pokemon seem like the most likely candidate.

I also hope that if the amount of new moves are true, we at least get some more decent Special Fighting, Special Rock and Physical Fairy attacks.

Given that there's a hammer fairy, I sure hope we'll get a Physical Fairy move (even if it's a signature move).

2 Months to go; Time is going slow and fast at the same time.

I'm glad we already know the amount of new Pokémon. Last time some people got their hands on the physical copies roughly 2 weeks before release, if that happens again, we might see info-dumps in about 6 weeks.

Can't freakin' wait.

I severely doubt that they’ll block off entire routes.

Don't we already have something that points towards routes being blocked off at around 27 seconds in the most recent trailer? Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet Seek Your Treasure Official Trailer

It looks like you won't be able to pass by the Team Star bases until you defeat them. So it seems like you won't have complete freedom to do whatever you want in whatever order you want. (ie you probably won't be able to defeat the Electric type gym before defeating the Team Star Fire Boss) I also think this makes it extremely unlikely that you'll be able to do one story route in it's entirety and then move on to the next one.

Unless they do something like make you to pay Team Star in order to pass through their base without having to take them on. That seems unlikely though.

2 Months to go; Time is going slow and fast at the same time.

I'm glad we already know the amount of new Pokémon. Last time some people got their hands on the physical copies roughly 2 weeks before release, if that happens again, we might see info-dumps in about 6 weeks.

Can't freakin' wait.

Yeah I'm thinking any time from November 1st onwards we could start seeing leaks from early copies or a datamine. Personally I'm hoping for a slow dribble of leaks from someone playing the game early instead of a datamine, I feel like datamines are less fun because they just dump everything out at once.

Last edited:
Don't we already have something that points towards routes being blocked off at around 27 seconds in the most recent trailer? Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet Seek Your Treasure Official Trailer

It looks like you won't be able to pass by the Team Star bases until you defeat them. So it seems like you won't have complete freedom to do whatever you want in whatever order you want. (ie you probably won't be able to defeat the Electric type gym before defeating the Team Star Fire Boss) I also think this makes it extremely unlikely that you'll be able to do one story route in it's entirety and then move on to the next one.
1663520531143.png

By the looks of the trailers the Base should be right around here, packed in this corner. As you can see there's still a road you can take around this area, so no Team Star won't block your path

View attachment 163807
By the looks of the trailers the Base should be right around here, packed in this corner. As you can see there's still a road you can take around this area, so no Team Star won't block your path
Yep. The Base is not located where the flags are in the map. Probably the flags are used as a sign on the route, so the player knows there's a Star Base nearby.

Yeah I'm thinking any time from November 1st onwards we could start seeing leaks from early copies or a datamine. Personally I'm hoping for a slow dribble of leaks from someone playing the game early instead of a datamine, I feel like datamines are less fun because they just dump everything out at once.
No thanks, sounds like it would make it super difficult to see the leaks of the new pokemon models while avoiding... everything else.

There's lowkey a part of me that wants them to release a demo so we get early datamines. I just want to see the new Pokemon really.

I'm glad we already know the amount of new Pokémon.

Same, for different reasons probably. Gen 6 and 7 launches were kind of miserable when we found out how much new Pokémon there was and a lot of people were disheartened. Hell, it made people happy about Galar’s number (actually similar to Alola’s but far less Legendaries/UBs so you could actually use them).

I’m just overjoyed we have over 100 new Pokémon again.

Back
Top Bottom