• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

A demo for an open world game sounds like a nightmare for Gamefreak datamining wise, not unless they make most of the map void I guess.
They could block off sections. Like they could limit you to Mesagoza and give you the chance to explore the city and the Naranja/Uva Academy. Maybe show off Terastalization. I'm not getting my hopes up though for a public demo. They didn't give us any for SwSh.

Also, it does make me happy seeing we are getting over 100 Pokemon again. I still remember how disappointed I was when we saw XY only had 72 and after datamines, we saw we barely crossed 80 for SuMo. We do know that 16 of the 105 slots were taken by the Paradox Pokemon though. The Amoongus one was different enough to say this is a new Pokemon, but what we saw of the Jigglypuff doesn't look promising. Let's hope they differentiate themselves enough to make their inclusion as new Pokemon satisfying enough.

A demo for an open world game sounds like a nightmare for Gamefreak datamining wise, not unless they make most of the map void I guess.
If GF makes a demo, the datamine of the games happens the next day. Guys, they are not good at making demos. I think they realized it themselves, since they are not realising demos anymore.

explore the city and the Naranja/Uva Academy.
That right there is probably one of the reasons why we're not getting a demo. Considering the ORAS and Sun and Moon demos, they like to combine versions. There's just way too many version diffrences to do that with given the diffrent school fruits and the professors. I mean they could just drop you off in the middle of some other city or a route...but there's still the matter of the non-removable uniform to deal with.

The other reason being...the datamines. I mean considering what happened with Sun and Moon's demo is probably why we never got a non-touring SwSh demo.

Just read Donphan new forms discussion. Interesting, now I see why people on ResetEra and others places speculate Donphan will be the first revealed, as Nihilego was. I'm not sold, but this makes a lot more sense than the "just because Donphan appeared in the first movie"-theory.

They could block off sections. Like they could limit you to Mesagoza and give you the chance to explore the city and the Naranja/Uva Academy. Maybe show off Terastalization. I'm not getting my hopes up though for a public demo. They didn't give us any for SwSh.

Also, it does make me happy seeing we are getting over 100 Pokemon again. I still remember how disappointed I was when we saw XY only had 72 and after datamines, we saw we barely crossed 80 for SuMo. We do know that 16 of the 105 slots were taken by the Paradox Pokemon though. The Amoongus one was different enough to say this is a new Pokemon, but what we saw of the Jigglypuff doesn't look promising. Let's hope they differentiate themselves enough to make their inclusion as new Pokemon satisfying enough.

Although both XY and SM and even SWSH were disappointing in terms of # of Pokemon, overall number of designs introduced are actually more than SCVI though.

The shoving of Paradox into the number (and there being no other forms besides crystal bodies and copy/paste hats) makes it less than the others so not sure why people think it's any different. There should be a minimum of 100 Pokes and 20+ regionals etc. per generation. They have 3 years (what do the designers do once the game goes into development?). There's no excuse really, especially when the NatDex is now dead and in any case, the models have been the same for half a decade+.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but at this point I'd rather they introduce slightly smaller numbers of actually good and well-thought out Pokemon as opposed to a large number of mid and poorly-thought out ones. Gen V had the largest amount of new Pokemon introduced to date, but for every one good and cool design there were at least two that were bad or just dex-filler. If a smaller dex means we can cut out more bland mono-types (Sawk/Throh, Druddigon), half-baked concepts (Vanilluxe, Garbodor) and literal recolors (elemental monkeys), then I'll gladly take it. Sometimes less is more.

That said, I'll admit that taste is subjective. From a more rational standpoint, the larger the number of new additions, the more likely it is that at least one of them will appeal to you. So far, I'm pleasantly surprised that I don't hate any of the new Pokemon that have been announced for SV. Even so, that's probably not going to be the case for everyone, and not having more new Pokemon that could potentially appeal to a broader audience is definitely a missed opportunity, my own personal feelings on the idea aside.

No thanks, sounds like it would make it super difficult to see the leaks of the new pokemon models while avoiding... everything else.

Not really. In the lead up to Sword/Shield I was following a Bulbagarden and Resetera thread that was only posting pictures of the new Pokemon.

I don't see why that can't happen again.

If anything trying to follow Khu/Kaka has led to me experiencing more story spoilers than I ever have following people playing an early copy of the game. People are usually more interested in posting pictures of the new Pokemon before anything else.

Not really. In the lead up to Sword/Shield I was following a Bulbagarden and Resetera thread that was only posting pictures of the new Pokemon.

I don't see why that can't happen again.

If anything trying to follow Khu/Kaka has led to me experiencing more story spoilers than I ever have following people playing an early copy of the game. People are usually more interested in posting pictures of the new Pokemon before anything else.
It's not like Sw/Sh's story was in any way substantial.

It offered zero motivation and created no curiosity to play it out. The biggest incentive for me was a new world to play in and new Pokémon to catch/battle. The second DLC was a bit more interesting, but the insufferable dialogues and handholding were present, still.

EDIT:

According to Khu, the Battle Tower facility is no more.

What the heck GF, I'd be majorly disappointed if this is true. The latest iterations were already a massive downgrade, but it was a very important part of post-game battling, once; A way to try competitive.

For F's sake. They slowly took it away so we would care less and less, and now it's supposedly gone.

Last edited:

What the heck GF, I'd be majorly disappointed if this is true. The latest iterations were already a massive downgrade, but it was a very important part of post-game battling, once; A way to try competitive.

For F's sake. They slowly took it away so we would care less and less, and now it's supposedly gone.
I think what Khu is specifically saying is that there is no "Battle Tower", but this doesn't mean there is no post-game battle facility. It could be that the post-game battle facility is called something else in these games, like Unova's Battle Subway, Kalos' Battle Maison and Alola's Battle Tree. You could technically say "There is no Battle Tower" about those games too.

Unfortunately, Khu is unlikely to give a straight answer about what he means, although his claim that the post-game is "disappointing" does not bode well. I can't see GF not including a battle facility as part of their bare minimum single-player postgame though.

Luckily I don't care for post-game Battle Facilities so this changes nothing for me. Unfortunate for people who do like this type of stuff though.

I fear what GF learned from DLCs is that they can create even less post game.

I honestly don't agree with the idea of cutting content from the main game just because of the existence of DLCs. Sw/Sh had close to 0 postgame, forcing people to buy DLCs to experience some sort of post game. Now, they even cut the third legendary from the main game.
I think GF should remember that a DLC is something people buy to explore even more the story of a game, not something to use when you don't have time to finish a game, so you can make people pay more for something that should have been in the main game from the beginning.

I fear what GF learned from DLCs is that they can create even less post game.

I honestly don't agree with the idea of cutting content from the main game just because of the existence of DLCs. Sw/Sh had close to 0 postgame, forcing people to buy DLCs to experience some sort of post game. Now, they even cut the third legendary from the main game.
I think GF should remember that a DLC is something people buy to explore even more the story of a game, not something to use when you don't have time to finish a game, so you can make people pay more for something that should have been in the main game from the beginning.
And now there's talks of not even having a post game battle facility. Every main series game from Crystal onwards has had one, with the sole exception of LGPE, which is understandable given LGPE's casual-centric nature. It's just weird for it to be absent.

And now there's talks of not even having a post game battle facility. Every main series game from Crystal onwards has had one, with the sole exception of LGPE, which is understandable given LGPE's casual-centric nature. It's just weird for it to be absent.
Even despite its casual nature, LGPE still had the master trainers, so even it had some sort of post-game battling thing.

Even despite its casual nature, LGPE still had the master trainers, so even it had some sort of post-game battling thing.
Yeah, so it would be weird if it was all either removed entirely or you have to buy the post-game battle facility as DLC, which would be even worse. It appears that sadly Game Freak has fallen victim to the trend of cutting content out of the base game to sell to players later as paid DLC.

Yeah, so it would be weird if it was all either removed entirely or you have to buy the post-game battle facility as DLC, which would be even worse. It appears that sadly Game Freak has fallen victim to the trend of cutting content out of the base game to sell to players later as paid DLC.
I'd say they jumped on a form of that pretty early on, to be honest. After Emerald every game should have had the move tutors in, but they kept holding them back for the third version/remakes instead.

I called it. I knew they were going to cut out the post game facility after the disappointing place that was SwSh’s Battle Tower.

I called it. I knew they were going to cut out the post game facility after the disappointing place that was SwSh’s Battle Tower.
Yeah, it truly was disappointing. A down-grade from what it once was and maybe gone forever now.

I'm also very concerned about breeding: If it turns out the rate of getting eggs will be lowered with the new incubation-mechanic, I'll be truly mad.

I like my perfect IV Pokémon, even with bottlecaps existing.

Back
Top Bottom