• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

I'm also very concerned about breeding: If it turns out the rate of getting eggs will be lowered with the new incubation-mechanic, I'll be truly mad.

I like my perfect IV Pokémon, even with bottlecaps existing.
Let's BeReal for a sec. There's no real reason why IVs should exist. To be honest I believe they should be scrapped completely. They make competitive pokemon genuinely so unfun. I hate the current breeding system. If the new one is less directly-player intensive I'll be happy

I could live without the Flop Tower or any other post-game if we get a nice, extensive main game. Hell, so many JRPGs don’t have post-games at all so if the main game is worth it I really could care less.

I could live without the Flop Tower or any other post-game if we get a nice, extensive main game. Hell, so many JRPGs don’t have post-games at all so if the main game is worth it I really could care less.
It's not about it being post- or pre-game or whatsoever, it's about having a place to do hard battles with strong opponents, different battle-mechanics and a way to test your higher-end teams. All on a set level and other rules.

What other JRPG's do have is a battlesystem in which support/offense/defense and team-synergy plays a far more important role in the singleplayer experience. If the Battle-Tower/Frontier experience gets deleted, then we'll just see this 'harder' mode in multiplayer/VGC. Heck, do you remember how fun co-op Battle Tower runs were in DP? You could play together against the AI, instead of against each other.

We already see how short-lived the PLA-experience is. 'Oh, so you've captured Arceus and defeated Volo? Well, there's basically nothing interesting to do anymore.' Battle-facilities and other so-called 'post-game' mechanics usually provide a big time-sink for you to play in. Not just another small storyline or something, but a fun and repeatable mechanic.

I'm all for more options. Why delete them if they worked just fine in Emerald/Platinum and would just need a touch-up? Heck, it could even be build-upon later. Less choice is less potential fun in this matter.

@yudgefudge Oh yes, I could definitely do without them. But the truth is, they're probably still there (what with bottlecaps being confirmed). So, a way to breed these attributes just as quick as in generation 8 would be appreciated. I'm anxious, for now.

So, if breeding also gets nerfed, I'll be truly disappointed.

Last edited:
Sad to say but if this is true I probably pass on these games barring an unprecedented for this series level patch. Based off Sw/Sh and interview comments I'm not expecting interesting gameplay in the main stories and GameFreak's writing has never been at a level where I'd sit through dull gameplay for it.

Sad to say but if this is true I probably pass on these games barring an unprecedented for this series level patch. Based off Sw/Sh and interview comments I'm not expecting interesting gameplay in the main stories and GameFreak's writing has never been at a level where I'd sit through dull gameplay for it.
I won't pass it, but the 'story' has hardly been the incentive to play the games the last couple of generations. It has always been the gameplay itself. The means, not its end.

I won't pass it, but the 'story' has hardly been the incentive to play the games the last couple of generations. It has always been the gameplay itself. The means, not its end.
I have to agree with that, the story in SWSH was terrible, however Max Raids are fun, and doing all the competitions can be entertaining as well. That's the least we can hope for for SV, however I have my hopes up for a good story, lots of leak show that the story is going to go beyond just finding the legendary doing endless streams of battles and then catching it. But then again, these are just leaks, we'll have to wait to see.

Okay, I just had a thought. The exact text of Khu's tweet is this:

想爬塔?木滴啦

It roughly translates to:

Want to climb the tower? You can't

Alternatively, you could replace "You can't" with "Wooden drop" which itself gives some interesting implications and makes me wonder if we're misinterpreting our leaker's statement by lumping it in with the "disappointing post-game" statement. Under this line of thinking (misinterpreting Khu's statement to mean no post-game), there's a few possibilities you can take it to mean:
  1. The tower isn't referring to a battle facility, but rather those towers littered across the map that people have been associating with the Dark-type sub-legend quartet. Either something happens to the structures themselves or they are merely landmarks that we cannot enter ourselves.
  2. When I searched "wooden drop" on Google (typing it in English btw), it seems to refer to a Japanese drop lid used for cooking. This could mean that our Battle Facility is restaurant themed this time around.
  3. The post-game facility we get isn’t a gauntlet/streak of trainers like we’re used to, but we still technically get a battle facility; just in a different format than the previous formula. This also fits with the other translation “Wooden drop” as a metaphor since you could like. It to a different recipe. Maybe we’ll something more tournament-based like the PWT, or perhaps we get facility-level challenges we gain BP from rather than a central facility for a change.
I just don’t think it would be smart for Game Freak to give us nothing at all besides multiplayer, especially since a lack of content has been a complaint for several installments straight.

I just don’t think it would be smart for Game Freak to give us nothing at all besides multiplayer, especially since a lack of content has been a complaint for several installments straight.
They really don't seem to respond to complaints much.
People complained about Emerald content being left out of OR/AS, BD/SP did the same thing.
People complained about always on EXP Share--still in.
People complained they got too easy--the games were made even easier.

It's been shown the games will sell like hotcakes regardless of how much they cut, so there's no incentive not to cut as much as possible.

You can't climb the Battle Tower anymore......because it's now a Battle Dungeon. You have to descend instead.

Probably not but I wouldn't put it past Khu to be cryptic just to mess with people.

Probably the most likely scenario is that it's been replaced with something else.

You can't climb the Battle Tower anymore......because it's now a Battle Dungeon. You have to descend instead.

Probably not but I wouldn't put it past Khu to be cryptic just to mess with people.

Probably the most likely scenario is that it's been replaced with something else.
Gods, I hope so.

They really don't seem to respond to complaints much.
People complained about Emerald content being left out of OR/AS, BD/SP did the same thing.
People complained about always on EXP Share--still in.
People complained they got too easy--the games were made even easier.
You have a point, but this also means that Game Freak needs to consider an alternative method to get the competitive items especially since Ranked Battles are still a thing. Are they just going to sell them in regular Poké Marts now? Are they just forcing us onto online multiplayer in order to get anything now? There’s only so much you can cut without it affecting other aspects of the game.

It's been shown the games will sell like hotcakes regardless of how much they cut, so there's no incentive not to cut as much as possible.
Less content = less incentive for there to be returning players to buy more installments in your franchise, so to try to cut as much as possible is practically asking for your product to flop if one goes too far with this mentality. You typically want to keep your consumers engaged with you product, so if said product doesn’t have more than one thing that makes the games worthwhile they’ll drop it pretty quickly and it’ll take a miracle to get them back.

What’s next, cutting the gym challenge with little to no equivalent goals? It’s not like they can’t go without gyms (as both the Alola games and PLA can attest to), but there still needs to be some sort of thing that drives you forward (the Island Trials in Alola and the Pokédex completion of PLA). However, if Game Freak tried to cut as much as possible, then the Pokémon League stuff (at least Gyms or an equivalent system) would logically be the next to go with no other system put in its place just because they think they can.

At that point, what would even be the reason to play the game? Not everyone is into PvP (which would be the only thing left), let alone the majority of the franchise’s target demographic, so Game Freak making that the sole aspect of the games going forward would drive off a huge chunk of their audience and cut into their sales big time. Less isn’t always more.

We can only hope it’s repeatable then and not just a “one and done” thing.

So why are we acting like post game is all anyone cares for these games? Don't people have online battle they can enjoy?
I'll repeat myself:

'It's not about it being post- or pre-game or whatsoever, it's about having a place to do hard battles with strong opponents, different battle-mechanics and a way to test your higher-end teams. All on a set level and other rules.'

Hard battles with the AI, that is, PVE content. As you generally get to face the same kind of competitive teams in VGC multiplayer. A lot of which are Legendaries and/or Mythicals. I'd also like to battle alongside a friend again, outside of those passive and burst-y raid-batles (which to be fair seem to be somewhat improved this time).

I, for one, don't care that much for the post game. I did enjoy the battle frontier in gens 3 and 4, but I did so more casually. Didn't really care much. Of course, if there is a whole post-game story, (like with Legends: Arceus where we collect the remain plates) that is different.

I, for one, don't care that much for the post game. I did enjoy the battle frontier in gens 3 and 4, but I did so more casually. Didn't really care much. Of course, if there is a whole post-game story, (like with Legends: Arceus where we collect the remain plates) that is different.
But what to do after that post-game story? I clocked around 80 hours in PLA, but don't really have anything interesting to do anymore. I've almost zero incentive to go into the wilds again to catch Pokémon (the main mechanic of the game).

That's why some kind of PVE hub would do wonders in the current main-line RPG's again. For a lot of players, at least. Especially because it's much easier to make viable teams this day and age, compared to older games.

The Battle Frontier came with a whole set of different challenges, with different randomized opponents on a set level with good IV/EV distributions and held items and the whole bunch. There were gauntlets (Battle Pyramid), classic ways to battle (Battle Tower), rental teams if you wanted to try something else without training it (Battle Factory) and more. It's utter nonsense how we can't have such things anymore.

If I wanted a challenge I'd rather just play with others online cause at least they can think, instead of a computer.
You do you. But we PvE'ers want something challenging and active to enjoy, too.

Taking away options, as has been done the past few generations, is never a good thing. We aren't even talking about region-bound mechanics.

I hope you're at least able to see and understand that, even if you're not a connoisseur of that content yourself.

@Funnylion I hope my gut feeling about the negative impact of an incubation-system, as told by the leakers, is unfounded. It gets me anxious about the potential of the games. So, I hope they have a good enough of a look on how breeding is currently used by the community. Heck, if it gets more efficient, I'm all for it.

Last edited:
I kinda can't cause I never liked the battle facilities in any of the past games, so I never got the fuss. People have their own taste sure, but it's one I can't seem to understand no matter how much convincing. It just sounds like people wanting to do nothing but play by themselves. Here I thought online and battle conditions would provide all the challenge they could ask for, but they want it specifically from NPCs for some reason

I kinda can't cause I never liked the battle facilities in any of the past games, so I never got the fuss. People have their own taste sure, but it's one I can't seem to understand no matter how much convincing. It just sounds like people wanting to do nothing but play by themselves. Here I thought online and battle conditions would provide all the challenge they could ask for, but they want it specifically from NPCs for some reason
You do know the online community is filled by cookie-cutter teams consisting of the same boring amount of mythicals/legendaries and a bunch of other overpowered and widely-used Pokémon? Or how Dynamax was utterly broken in competitive play? Or how the opponent could forfeit the game by quitting and you wouldn't even win?

I like to see variety in teams and opponents, combinations of Pokémon never seen before. One of the reasons I liked the Battle Tree somewhat, was because of the huge variety in Pokémon. But maybe I'd like to also team-up with a friend to tackle the enemy together, something which wasn't even possible in SwSh. Heck, I'd even like more ways to play (like we could in some of the old facilities). Gauntlets like the Battle Pyramid still feel super awesome to me.

The option should be there, and it's also a nice step-up towards competitive (if you really want to).

EDIT: I cling to the copium of Khu actually meaning the towers riddled across the landscape instead of the regional Battle Facility.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom