• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Apparently, Tera-Pokémon keep the stab on their original types. So, for example: Starmie with an ice hat has stab on water, psychic and ice moves.
I don't know how I feel.

From what I heard from a Tweeter named Eclipse, despite all the praise this demo has gotten this was still only using the "Broken" build of the game like the one we saw for the west trailer before the recent. Which I feel is good sign. Also I guess the theory's been debunked that fighting the titans unlocks all of the Legend's ride forms.

From what I heard from a Tweeter named Eclipse, despite all the praise this demo has gotten this was still only using the "Broken" build of the game like the one we saw for the west trailer before the recent. Which I feel is good sign. Also I guess the theory's been debunked that fighting the titans unlocks all of the Legend's ride forms.
A reviewer asked directly if all the mounts will be available at the same moment and the answer was "no". This was only for the demo. You unlock the mounts as in PLA.

Technically none of the previewers were allowed to fight the final third battle against the Titan, and they were given all the ride forms for preview purposes only.

It seems like the preview build did have new Pokemon in it that the previewers can't talk about. I know that makes sense but many of the previews never even mentioned seeing new Pokemon, so I was starting to wonder if this build of the game just didn't have any new Pokemon in it.

I'm guessing since they were exploring Mesagosa up to around Artazon they probably encountered the mouse couple, parakeet and rock salt Pokemon at least. (probably encountered some of the new bug mons too since they're supposed to be early game)

I just saw Joe Merrick review. Well, TPCi can use it as part of its marketing campaign, cause that man did not mention a single negative aspect about the games.

A reviewer asked directly if all the mounts will be available at the same moment and the answer was "no". This was only for the demo. You unlock the mounts as in PLA.
Huh so Herba Mystica being the main storyline is still a possiblity, interesting.

I just saw Joe Merrick review. Well, TPCi can use it as part of its marketing campaign, cause that man did not mention a single negative aspect about the games.
And from TPC pov, that's kind of what previews are for, since it doesn't even show us substantial new stuff, the main goal is to previewers to try to sell the games to more people only. And I also believe there must been some serious problem for them not being able to prepare a more advanced build in time for previewers.

Unfortunately I have to say I'm not impressed in the slightest. In my view, once again GF does below the bare minimum and far far short of what I expected for Pokémon for Switch and this day and age. But today's footage changed nothing, very little of what they showed today we didn't already know before. I'm actually kinda surprised some people on ResetEra so roughly changing their minds with today's footage (for one way or another).

So, on another topic, I heard Star Leaders grant badges or something similar. Given gym leaders are: Electric, Bug, Grass, Water, Ghost, Normal, Ice, Psychic, and Star Leaders are Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Poison and Dark, so Flying, Dragon, Ground, Steel and Rock are the typings left. And then I also heard people saying Legends path will also grant badges. I don't know if this was really confirmed anywhere, but the types really do fit ( Flying to Crane, Ground to Donphan, Steel to Worm, Dragon to Sushi and Rock to Klawf) and it finally solves the missing Rock type we speculated about so much. We were focusing on E4 and champion but didn't even notice Titans did fit them. I don't know how we didn't notice/no one mentioned this sooner.

Last edited:
Something I just noticed. In the preview clip of customizing the character at the start of the game, the scroll bar is bigger than in the 15 minute trailer at the salon.
Which implies that you dont have access to at least all the hair style options at the very start. Didn't bother to check the face options but i would assume those stay the same.
Edit: Yep, the later game hair style list has Medium Curls which isn't in the start of game list. And the face options stay the same.

Last edited:
1666409464185.png

A little thing I thought about, according to one previewer you battle the gym leader seperate from the little challenge section. Meaning what while no level scaling would make it next to impossible to do the actual gym leader battles in any order, you can do the pre battle challenges in any order if you really want to.

The little thing we still didn't know that I liked the most about these news we had was knowing at least all of the original Pokémon stabs are kept when terastalizing. I don't really remember any off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure that with more than 1000 monsters there are many of them with very similar movepool, base stat and abilities to each other or that at the very least end up functioning quite similarly to each other in practice. So, just switching to another type, totally ignoring the originals (in case you didn't select a double stab, but instead change to a totally different type) seemed cheap to me, since many of these changes would end up resulting in Pokémon functioning similar to others we have already, at least in practice.
I still don't like the hats, but this bit of info improved the gimmick in my book. Now if I catch a Water Tera Type Gardevoir it will no longer be just a boring pure water type when I terastalize it. I mean, if I wanted a special water type attacker I would just catch a Clawitzer or something. But now it will really be something unique, a monster that not only has Gardevoir's ability, base stat, and movepool, but that also retains its Psychic and Fairy type stabs. It already seems a little unbalanced in one way or another to be honest, but I also don't believe it will get that much more unbalanced just for keeping the original stabs. I actually like it a lot more now and I was a little sad when the official website had implied the other way around at first.

I haven't had the time to look through much footage myself today, but I have been keeping up with the info. Shiny Pokemon are confirmed to be back in the overworld and I'm so happy about that. I'm also really excited to see we'll have full character customization from the very beginning. With this, I think Pokemon has almost officially caught up in the character customization department. I would still like a full color wheel + age customization, but those are just extra additions at this point. I'm also so glad different styles are not gender exclusive anymore.

Scarlet and Violet are less than a month away, and I am so freaking excited for these games.

Apparently S/V have a 400 Pokémon Dex:

103 new Pokémon
297 old Pokémon

Something like 50 pokémon can be trasferred from Home despite not being in the dex. Now, among these, there's only one Kanto starter. Guess who? :cautious:
Oh, boy Charizard, Game Freak's favorite lizard.
Tbh, I wouldn't except him to say anything negative.

So, these are broken builds? Not surprised considering BDSP were, too.

Back
Top Bottom