• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

The little thing we still didn't know that I liked the most about these news we had was knowing at least all of the original Pokémon stabs are kept when terastalizing. I don't really remember any off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure that with more than 1000 monsters there are many of them with very similar movepool, base stat and abilities to each other or that at the very least end up functioning quite similarly to each other in practice. So, just switching to another type, totally ignoring the originals (in case you didn't select a double stab, but instead change to a totally different type) seemed cheap to me, since many of these changes would end up resulting in Pokémon functioning similar to others we have already, at least in practice.
I still don't like the hats, but this bit of info improved the gimmick in my book. Now if I catch a Water Tera Type Gardevoir it will no longer be just a boring pure water type when I terastalize it. I mean, if I wanted a special water type attacker I would just catch a Clawitzer or something. But now it will really be something unique, a monster that not only has Gardevoir's ability, base stat, and movepool, but that also retains its Psychic and Fairy type stabs. It already seems a little unbalanced in one way or another to be honest, but I also don't believe it will get that much more unbalanced just for keeping the original stabs. I actually like it a lot more now and I was a little sad when the official website had implied the other way around at first.
Seriously? That would be nice. Because I used a tera type damage calculator and remember (correct me if I am wrong though) that after tera is in effect, all other types do neutral damage (listed as x1 there as opposed to 1.5 stab???)

I haven't had the time to look through much footage myself today, but I have been keeping up with the info. Shiny Pokemon are confirmed to be back in the overworld and I'm so happy about that. I'm also really excited to see we'll have full character customization from the very beginning. With this, I think Pokemon has almost officially caught up in the character customization department. I would still like a full color wheel + age customization, but those are just extra additions at this point. I'm also so glad different styles are not gender exclusive anymore.

Scarlet and Violet are less than a month away, and I am so freaking excited for these games.
I see one major problem with an age slider: It would have to effect your rivals and friends as well otherwise it might be a little weird setting your character to full grown while the main rival is still 10.

Seriously? That would be nice. Because I used a tera type damage calculator and remember (correct me if I am wrong though) that after tera is in effect, all other types do neutral damage (listed as x1 there as opposed to 1.5 stab???)
Yep, I think I know which calculator you're talking about (the makio one, isn't it?) but it was made using the info we had earlier. But after yesterday's previews, if I'm not mistaken, one of previewers was shown an image by a TPC representative showing a Pikachu terastalized into a non-electric type still maintaining its electric stab.

Apparently if you Pokemon Terastalizes to a type it already has it basically gets an Adaptability boost for that type, with STAB now being x2 rather than x1.5.

Honestly, the way it apparently actually works sounds like great news for Ice-types. They can still retain their attacking prowess while now being able to set themselves up better defensively. It sucks that it has to be done by a gimmick accessible to everyone, but it's at least something to help their case.

Honestly, the way it apparently actually works sounds like great news for Ice-types. They can still retain their attacking prowess while now being able to set themselves up better defensively. It sucks that it has to be done by a gimmick accessible to everyone, but it's at least something to help their case.
A gimmick that will probably be gone gen generation 10 (assuming that there will be a Generation 10).

A gimmick that will probably be gone gen generation 10 (assuming that there will be a Generation 10).
Why wouldn't there be a Gen 10? I mean no matter what the games are going to sell well. Plus the 30th aniversary is coming up in 2026. There's series out there that have been going for 40+ years.

The anime having issues has no bearing on the games other than probably giving the games a little more time in the oven if the situation in that department gets worse.

Why wouldn't there be a Gen 10? I mean no matter what the games are going to sell well. Plus the 30th aniversary is coming up in 2026. There's series out there that have been going for 40+ years.

The anime having issues has no bearing on the games other than probably giving the games a little more time in the oven if the situation in that department gets worse.
Because there might not even be generations anymore.

I understand that. I'm just saying that Teratralization will like;y not be around after this generation.

I'm definitely more fond of it now, but honestly it's still my least favorite gimmick overall. I'd like it better than Z-moves if it weren't for those crowns. Having the aura effects only, maybe with some elemental increments too like the ones from tcg delta species, would be perfect already.

Also, it's kinda like a third-type gimmick, so this broke the pattern
Gen 7: Ash-Greninja, synchro evolution!!11, synchro evolution everywhere
Gen 8: New Armored Mewtwo, armoured Evolution, armoured evolution everywhere
So kudos to the brave obsessive theorists out there that overanalyzed the floor pattern of Mesagoza's square, you (finally) got one!

I'm definitely more fond of it now, but honestly it's still my least favorite gimmick overall. I'd like it better than Z-moves if it weren't for those crowns. Having the aura effects only, maybe with some elemental increments too like the ones from tcg delta species, would be perfect already.

Also, it's kinda like a third-type gimmick, so this broke the pattern
Gen 7: Ash-Greninja, synchro evolution!!11, synchro evolution everywhere
Gen 8: New Armored Mewtwo, armoured Evolution, armoured evolution everywhere
So kudos to the brave obsessive theorists out there that overanalyzed the floor pattern of Mesagoza's square, you (finally) got one!
Good thing I'm not one of those people.

So, in other news, since I haven't seen anyone making one, I'm trying to make a full complete list of all the new information we've had in the previews. Something incorrect? English errors? What is missing? Surely there must be a lot of things missing since previews were worldwide and kind of obvious but I wouldn't understand most of the languages.

• This is the area previewers were able to explore through (source):
    FfnL_eUXkAETFL_
  • Contrary to what some may have misinterpreted, a TPC rep confirmed the player will not start with all mount modes nor with the legendary mount from the very start of game, reconfirming you will gradually get acess to new forms as you progress, like PLA. This was just an exception for the preview build;
  • Kind of obvious, but previewers confirmed yesterday's shown footage and also that the 14 min gameplay trailer footage were both edited to remove some Pokémon and items;
  • Similar to Legends Arceus, you can move the camera while battling. But you can't move the character this time around;
  • Unlike previous games, none of customization options will be gender locked;
  • Player will be able to customize their character's facial features (like hairstyles and so on) from the very beginning of the game, right from the player character creation screen. Unlike previous games, customization will also be changed on the go, in an in-game menu, rather than salons, this includes clothing options;
  • As Articfox pointed out though, apparently you won't have access to all the hairstyles from the start;
  • Also, although previewers said there are many acessories options and different colors for uniforms, the player will be able to use uniforms only, being able to choose between 4 styles of them: summer, winter, spring or autumn-style;
  • As Knightwolf posted, apparently minimap Pokémon icons may be disabled;
  • Random encounters also appear to have been completely removed, unlike SwSh;
  • Unlike PLA, there is no interface to keep track on quests/sidequests;
  • As Joker mentioned, Terastalizing your Pokemon to a totally different type from its originals types will still keep their original stabs too. E.g., Water type Terastalized Gardevoir will still have access to its Fairy and Psychic stabs on top of the water stab it will gain after Terastalizing and changing into Water Type;
  • Tera Blast, generic new Tera move, has 80 Base Power;
  • When doing Tera Raid battles, you will need to survive for 3 turns before you can use Terastal (on the other hand, maybe, unlike Dynamax, all 4 participants will be able to Terastalize during a raid? Needs confirmation/speculation only);
  • You will only be able to use Terastal once until you will either need to go back to Pokémon Center or use an item, no further details on the item were specified (actually, we also know from official website, you can also gradually recharge Terastal by interacting with Terastal Dens around the map);
  • Defeating Star Team Leaders and Titans also grants 'badges' (or whatever the game will call it, the previewers are really calling it 'badges' though). So there are 18 badges to collect, one per type;
  • All previewers said they couldn't fully defeat Klawf though. When they took it to a quarter of his health, Klawf would run to a place TPC representative said previewers couldn't proceed further to;
  • Most previewers complained about the game performance, draw distance and graphics. But a TPC rep said the preview build was an old build;
  • Among the effects granted by sandwiches you make in the picnic feature are: increasing the encounter rate of specific types of Pokémon, including one for Raids, and also increasing the encounter rate for big or small Pokémon. There are many other kinds of effects too, including exp boost, shiny rate boost, friendship boost and others;
  • You can't catch Pokémon just by throwing a poké ball at it like Legends Arceus. But previewers commented on/footage demonstrated sometimes you will start a battle with the character displaying an animation doing so (throwing a non-empty Pokéball at the wild Pokémon, in order to initiate the battle). But it isn't clear if there is literally a button/function to throw non-empty/your Pokémon's Pokéball into the wild Pokemon to start battles - maybe it's the said shortcut ZR, the same used for the following feature - or if it's just an fancy animation of the character throwing a poké ball after having started the battle;
  • In addition to that, the back strike mechanic is back. If you back strike a wild Pokémon, it flinches on the first turn/loses 1 turn;
  • Let's Go battles (autobattles) grant far less experience than traditional wild battles (the former will most likely be used the most just to collect items, exp being a bonus);
  • As we already knew, you will use some items collected through Let's Go battles to craft TMs, but a TM craft recipe won't be available/known until player has acquired it in another way. Also, reminder apparently TMs are now back to one time use;
  • NPC trainers will no longer initiate battles when in sight. But instead, when passing close to them, a speech bubble will appear, indicating they would like to battle. Some previewer implied they will also have an exclamation mark that can be seen from afar, but this needs further confirmation;
  • There is no sign of any difficulty scaling/level scaling in any game path/enviroment though;
  • A previewer outright says that, upon defeating Grass Gym Leader Brassius, the badge "made it so it could train Pokémon up to a certain level", indicating obedience system is still in place and tied to badges;
  • Quest-givers and shops will also have yellow speech bubbles as you approach;
  • In previews visited area, the report was that levels of wild Pokémon ranged from 5 to 30 all around it;
  • In Starfall Street challenges, when battling grunts, player can only use autobattles. There's a twist though: you will be able to use up to 3 Pokémon at once (also, you will have to decide and set those 3 before entering Starfall Street and starting the challenge);
  • In the Starfall Street challenge they've played (Team Star Fire crew's challenge), player had 10 minutes to defeat 30 various fire Pokémon using up to 3 Pokémon at once using said Let's Go feature;
  • One small detail, GameXplain video says Team Star grunts also won't let you enter Starfall Street except through the front gate;
  • Some previewers found Team Star’s Fire crew boss battle, Mela, to be a little harder;
  • Players character can run, crouch and sneak. Can also do a "little slide" on the ground when pressing the crouch button while running;
  • As Joker said, you can't "fall" though. Invisible walls prevents you from doing all the actions that require Koraidon/Miraidon;
  • Some known shortcuts: you will be able use Switch's + button to mount Koraidon and Miraidon. B button to crouch. ZR to take out a Pokémon to follow you. Pressing Y will shift which Pokémon is your team lead;
  • There is an automatic button for throwing Pokéballs now during battle too, and also an automatic button in your Pokémon menu that will utilize any and all healing items you have to make sure your team is ready to go again;
  • Except for Starfall Street challenges and buildings, previewers went through one just one loading (screen) zone, which was the central city, Mesagoza;
  • Previewers said some wild Pokémon interact with other's mon wild battles. Some will watch you battling other wild Pokémon, others will run away. But unlike PLA, none will actually enter the battle (at least for this initial area they explored through);
  • Some wild and following Pokémon will also interact to weather. Fagiraf is said to like rain;
  • Day and night cycle seems similar to PLA's, no more specifics were given but at least for sure it's no longer tied to Switch's timming;
  • A previewer implied that, when having the possibility for Pokémon learning new moves, player's game screen is no longer invaded by a warning, but there is an icon indicating it somewhere instead (it wasn't clear where this icon is located or how it's though and I didn't see it any other previewer talking about it, so again better to take it with a grain of salt);
  • As UnownUser mentioned, changing moves and nicknames on the fly are back;
  • Also, overworld shinies like PLA;
  • Pokémon Box Link (PC acess on the go) is back too;
  • Camera feature can be used anywhere and you will be able to unlock more 'character reactions' gradually as progress through the game;
  • Gym Leaders take a selfie themselves with you after their defeat;
  • When battling, surrounding NPC spectators (if any) react to battles (only see a previewer mentioning something along these lines though and sounds confusing, so take it with a grain of salt/needs further confirmation);
  • At least in the case of preview build acessible Gym, the Grass Gym, there were no trainers to battle, just the hiden and seek challenge with Sunflora and then the battle with Brassius, the Gym Leader;
  • As Articfox posted, "according to one previewer you battle the gym leader seperate from the little challenge section. Meaning what while no level scaling would make it next to impossible to do the actual gym leader battles in any order, you can do the pre battle challenges in any order if you really want to";
  • As Joker said, when battling Mela, Team Star’s Fire crew boss, at some point you will also battle her "Starmobile" (the car with the said modified engine Pokémon on it), previewers said it has a boss-like HP bar;
  • Said modified engine mon has Speed Boost as ability;
  • Some previewer said Farigiraf has lackluster stats outside of HP while Armarouge has high SpA;
  • When using co-op mode, you will be able to readily trade and battle with friends without the need to set up "codes";
  • Said battles will take place in the open world, so other co-op participants can stand off to the side as you battle, taking photos and emoting;
  • But it's confirmed you can’t team up when co-op-ing to assist with story progression or trainer battles and the like;
  • Although now "open-air", Pokémon Center music is still present. As you get near it, you’ll hear the music getting closer, and louder;
  • Likewise, in some town, there's a busker, and as you approach it the town music theme crossfades into an acoustic guitar version, matching the audio to busker actions;
    unknown.png
  • Apparently most, if not all, of shoppings in the game will now function slightly differently: You will no longer enter the inside of the building, but rather they will work as "outdoor kiosks" in which will just pop up a menu, from which you will make your selection;
  • Previewers noticed 3 instruction-like icons on the map indicating progress points for the 3 different storylines (Titans, Gyms, Team Star).

Raw generic gameplay video footage allowed to be posted and granted by TPC, used by previewers:

edit Read a few more previews and added some more details, though tried to put related info close to each other so not all of them are on bottom.

Last edited:
I understand that. I'm just saying that Teratralization will like;y not be around after this generation.
I mean being pushed aside for a new battle gimmick is a given.

But on the other hand, we don't know what they're going to do for the anniversary or how much power the switch's successor will have. It's obvious they haven't forgotten about the gimmicks with them showing up in spin offs and all. Maybe Gen 10 will just be an accumulation of everything so far. 3D, open world, all gimmicks plus a new one, Legends mechanics that didn't make it in to SV, that sort of thing.

Is there something clear about a Pokemon being able to follow you while you are mounted.

I guess it won't be possible, which would be completely understandable... especially since we don't have sprites anymore and the way it worked in the Wild Area in SWSH with the bike was annoying.

Is there something clear about a Pokemon being able to follow you while you are mounted.

I guess it won't be possible, which would be completely understandable... especially since we don't have sprites anymore and the way it worked in the Wild Area in SWSH with the bike was annoying.
I think it might be possible, at least for some Pokemon, as I remember in a trailer having seen a cyclical running behind the player on Koraidon

If I recall correctly, yes. I remember seeing the trainer riding Miraidon/Koraidon with Quaxly following. Try rewatching the trailers.

According to Khu, among the pokémon that have different forms, there's also a "food pokémon". Looking at the leaked dex, the pokémon Khu refers to is either: Fidough, Pepper Kappa or Sushi.
Smoliv and Salt pokémon are actually based on something edible but I don't think we should count them as "food" pokémon.

Back
Top Bottom