• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Snowstorm is the new weather in place of hails, boosting, seemingly, both defensive stats for ice mons, for 5 turns.
Unfortunately, they also got rid of Frostbite for some reason and have reverted back to using the Freeze status condition. Burn better affect both Attack and Sp. Attack in order to compensate.

It feels like everything that they don't consider 100% essential is gradually getting stripped out of the series.
I was afraid this was going to happen. That really seems like a dumb design choice idea, but one that Game Freak is probably doing because The Pokémon Company’s nearly unreasonable deadlines are either shortening or because it’s getting harder and harder to produce the games in the standard time frame. You would think that the business model would adjust to accommodate longer generations and dev time since Game Freak is reluctant to expand and is infamously bad at coding optimization, especially since the reason Dexit became a thing was presumably to lessen the burden in order to hopefully focus on improving the rest of their games. However, the cutting of standard things and removing player choices is only getting worse and worse.

I’m starting to wonder if Ishihara is trying to get away with less and less in order to run away with the profit once the systematic schedule inevitably comes crashing down. Seriously, this is an unsustainable practice because there’s only so much you can cut before people have had enough, at which point the whole franchise will suffer it. The only way this makes any sense is if Ishihara is setting it up to fail in a way that let’s him jump ship with most of the profits. Can anyone please give me an alternative explanation for this? I don’t want to think that the childhoods of billons of people around the world is being run into the ground for one man’s get rich quick scheme.

1668099594389.png

Ah feels good to finally have visuals

I wonder if we'll get many clips of some of these Pokemon in battle/animated. (or even just animated on the pokedex screen) I'd love to see some of these Pokemon in motion but I feel like checking out a stream would be a bad idea if I want to stay away from story spoilers...

For anyone who's seen some of these Pokemon animated, are there any animations that stand out to you?
I didn't see much either, but Quaxly evo's animations are good. Its idle instance in battle, walking animation and even its open peacock tail when battling are pretty cool, although dancer Pokémon in overall aren't my cup of tea anyway. This one was posted here, so I guess you've already seen it. Other than that, I also have seen/liked some Sprigatito last evo animation, which I like even more now after have seeing it. Pretty cool too.

Regarding spoilers, I already advised about here earlier and was going to do a second but gave up and deleted it since I'm nobody's mother anyway :wynaut:and in the end people will do as they will and please anyway. But I have to say right now it's pretty easy to take big spoilers from the story. I've seen people posting memes that contained major story spoilers, even if they were doing so unintentionally. Like, if some think much about that meme or that information and connect the dots they will end up discovering some things. So, if anyone still wants to experiment the story of these games blindly, better be careful and I don't recommend looking at game information other than new Pokémon. And yet even some Pokémon information can give some spoilers.

edit: Oh, and if that's the case, I also don't recommend following Resetera's thread, they're posting story spoilers all the time.

In other news, I wonder if those new Beast/Musketeer forms could work like Urshifu and Calyrex to DLCs

Sprigatito evolutionary line getting Protean is crazy. And considering that Meowscarada's stats are similar to Cinderace and Greninja's, I guess we know what the broken starter Pokémon of this Generation will be.

Quaquaval getting an 80 BP STAB move that raises its speed is good. Maybe, a little broken, but they introduced Fishious Rend, so I digress.

I was just watching a stream and some of Geeta's team was
Gogoat, Avalugg, the Hake fish and that flower mon for her ace. Flower mon ko'ed the Great Tusk from full health with dazzling gleam, though it was a bit underleveled Edit:Oh and also Nemona's a champion and final boss after you beat Geeta She has Lycanroc-Midday, Pawtmot, Goodra, Orthworm, Dudunsparce and Skeleridge(player had quaquaval so I guess starter weak to yours)

Last edited:
Just look at Quaquaval movepoll:
1668104842634-png.464165

120 base attack + Moxie + plenty of strong moves.

Back
Top Bottom