• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Possible theory, not sure where else to put it but the leaks/rumors was close enough

terapagos.jpg

Notice the icons on the shell. Obviously they represent the types, so I immediately thought of it being similar to Arceus/Silvally in the fact that it can change type. Or I'm just going crazy

Politoed? Hitmontop? Reuniclus? Marshtomp? Let´s Gooooooo.

Legends Arceus being a fountain of trade evolution-only mons will come in handy here.

The lack of legendaries makes me suspicious though.

Possible theory, not sure where else to put it but the leaks/rumors was close enough

View attachment 168550
Notice the icons on the shell. Obviously they represent the types, so I immediately thought of it being similar to Arceus/Silvally in the fact that it can change type. Or I'm just going crazy
Is it just me or does this guy look like a stage one evolution. This guy looks small, unassuming, and honestly cute, not like the giant disk pokemon we have been lead to believe. Are we getting another evolving legendary?

Another theory that was brought up to me is that what we are seeing is actually a baby and the 3rd legendary is actually it's parent. It has even been theorized that Blueberry acadamy may actually be on the parents back.

Last edited:
it's "coming in early 2023"

we're already nearing march as of this post, so i wonder what game freak's definition of "early 2023" is. maybe next month?
They said "Spring 2023", meaning it could drop anytime between March 21 and June 20. I'm expecting it to drop around May, since the update for BDSP and PLA also dropped for that month last year.

They said "Spring 2023", meaning it could drop anytime between March 21 and June 20. I'm expecting it to drop around May, since the update for BDSP and PLA also dropped for that month last year.
That year we had Arceus in January. This is sad. They release home compatability almost 6 months after the game releases.
To be honest the worst to me isn't even that. Is the lack of transparency. They could give us a date and I'd be fine. However, in a sevice, specially one that has a subscription attached to it, it amazes me how little they inform their clients.

I could be wrong when I say this but after some of the home sprites leaked online people were talking about a floette special form?? I don’t exactly know if this is just some weird rumor as I’ve been offline for a bit but an friend said this was true. if it is correct is this foreshadowing to dlc things??
XY Floette has been mentioned here and there ever since we moved onto Gen VIII. I think it is extremely irrelevant at this stage, and I wouldn't expect the game developers to have anything in mind with it anymore. It could be relevant again when we have Kalos remakes in the horizon, but even then I'd think chances are rather slim.

Apparently there's a rumor that a Pokemon Presents will be held May 2nd and reveal details about the Teal Mask. I just have no interest in these events anymore. The Pokemon Presents format has grown tiring. 15 mins of mobile game stuff followed by a couple mins for mainline series stuff most are actually here for.

Apparently there's a rumor that a Pokemon Presents will be held May 2nd and reveal details about the Teal Mask. I just have no interest in these events anymore. The Pokemon Presents format has grown tiring. 15 mins of mobile game stuff followed by a couple mins for mainline series stuff most are actually here for.
out of pure interest/curiosity - how else would you prefer pokemon news to be distributed?

out of pure interest/curiosity - how else would you prefer pokemon news to be distributed?
I mean Twitter drops for mobile game stuff and having mainline line game series news in actual Nintendo Directs with all the other major 1st/2nd party Nintendo games. Occasional random Twitter drops for trailers like they usually do or the simple Pokemon Directs that exclusively focused on mainline games. There's times when these Directs could really use Pokemon news to break up the slower parts. I know they prefer to do their own thing, but I seriously question why they seem so against featuring major Pokemon news in Nintendo Directs.with all the other major Nintendo 1st/2nd party games.

Last edited:
Less mobile and more mainline games. Mobile games have never interested me that much.
Unfortunately, TPC seems to be more interested in mobile game shilling than mainline game shilling. Ever wonder what happened to triple battles and old game character cameos? Both went on to become Pokémon Masters. Miss the National Dex? That's only possible in Pokémon GO now.

It seems to me that TPC is deliberately taking things out of the main games to spin off into more and more mobile titles because that's what they want to do now due to profits.

Last edited:
i kinda miss the old days of when pokemon news would be released through corocoro and that kept the community guessing for a bit until the next reveal. sometimes corocoro would tell us what we already knew following a yt reveal (i don't remember if pokemon presents was regularly as much of a thing back then, i'd guess not), but oftentimes it was something new and nice to speculate on.

From just memory, in the old days video announcements only happened for major announcements like a new generation or something near release, everything else like random new Pokemon were released to Corocoro. I can at least understand why they stopped doing that, releasing new information exclusively through a Japanese publication can alienate players from other countries, but I also miss it as well because it felt like there was a lot more new information and it was a little more exciting because you never knew when there was going to be a new Pokemon leaked. In a way it also felt more mysterious and exciting to me to see a new Pokemon from a magazine scan instead of a clean PNG.

I don't watch the Pokemon Presents anymore and instead I'll read the follow-up articles that come after the announcement. The mobile announcements are a little annoying to me too especially because I don't even have a device that can run Pokemon Masters and I don't care enough about the other mobile games. At this point I'd rather not set aside 30 minutes for games I don't play or subscriptions I can't afford.

I kinda miss the days of Corocoro also. Monthly reveals of a couple Pokemon, features, and characters that sometimes didn't show up in official videos released by their social media accounts.

Pokemon Presents didn't start being a thing until mid 2020. Before, they were simply Pokemon Directs and only focused on the console games, which I genuinely miss. XY, SuMo, USUM, SwSh, and SwSh DLC were all revealed through one. XY and SwSh had a 2nd Pokemon Direct as well, specifically for updates on those games. Games like XY, SuMo, LGPE, and SwSh all had some reveals before in Nintendo Directs as well. Honestly I just wish they'd go back to the days of Pokemon Directs and occasional Nintendo Direct appearances rather than having us sit through 15 mins of mobile game updates before we get to the news we're actually watching for, while completely distancing themselves from Nintendo Directs. I know they've preferred to do their own thing, but their thing has become tiresome.

Last edited:
For me either corocoro or the anime.
I miss ho-oh, togepi, donphan, keckleon, blasiken, munchlax, etc
So many pokémon that got more hype for being chill releases.
Even lucario, mime jr, etc on the mystery dungeon titles made everything better.
Mobile titles took a lot of the fun. Not only in Pokémon but gaming in general.
Before a game was a game, now half of them are 'live services" with season passes.
I hate that with all my guts but I think that the spenders that made those systems popular deserve even more hate.
So many games, so much potential. All lost in favor of greed...

I don't see any reason to miss CoroCoro. We would sometimes wait three days for a blurry leak to emerge, and it is not as if we got something worthwhile every month. Real coverage would start in May (for new generations, and also HGSS) or June (other games). People like Serebii would stare at 2chan threads for days on end just for the chance of being the first western outlet to spot a leak. How sad is that?

These days we get announcements on Pokemon Day and then we have to wait until early June for the next batch of news (so slightly over 3 months). The only exception to this was in 2021, when the BDSP and PLA coverage only started in late August. But that's because the latter was an early 2022 game, while the former were really just an add-on.

Last edited:
How come no one’s talking about the leaks from Khu? He’s been a little bit at it since the beginning of this month. There’s been a half-joking answer like he did for the previous April Fools Day hint involving possible Tera Masks for the DLC. Not only that, but he’s recently teased about the potential new mini turtle possibility being a pre-evo to Terapagos.

Heck, where are the leaks and speculations about the DLC in general lately? It seems like the whole section is ignoring these things for some reason. I know people miss the Corocoro era—I do as well—but it seems like the SV section of Bulbagarden Forums is ignoring the recent news and leaks for some reason or at least acting like there’s nothing there to talk about.

Back
Top Bottom