• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Khu pretty much outright said the next game is a Paradox Unova. Whatever that means no idea, since I can't see them doing 150+ Paradox designs, but that sure is something.

I don't know what a Paradox Unova would even be. Although I don't think that it will happen. It would require making a past and future Paradox form for every single Unovan Pokémon, and there's a lot of them. That would add up to a grand total of 307 new Pokémon. That's an absurd amount of new Pokemon.

Last edited:
I don't know what a Paradox Unova would even be. Although I don't think that it will happen. It would require making a past and future Paradox form for every single Unovan Pokémon, and there's a lot of them. That would add up to a grand total of 307 new Pokémon. That's an absurd amount of new Pokemon.
They wouldn't need to be past and future paradox, GameFreak may go a different route with this, although tbh I'm not sure it would even be paradox forms of all 156 Unova Pokemon, they might just do paradox forms of the starters, legends, and most popular Unova Pokemon but have original designs for the others.

They wouldn't need to be past and future paradox, GameFreak may go a different route with this, although tbh I'm not sure it would even be paradox forms of all 156 Unova Pokemon, they might just do paradox forms of the starters, legends, and most popular Unova Pokemon but have original designs for the others.
It wouldn't be required to make Paradox forms for all of them, I agree. Either way, all we know is its gonna be Unova related. Nothing more. Its Khu. The vaguest, most cryptic, convoluted leaker out there. People are lucky they even know the next game is Unova related. The whole past/future thing does work with Opelucid City though. Either way, no telling what it'll be. Probably gonna have to wait for Pokemon Day 2024.

Paradox Unova doesn't have to mean a Unova with a full Paradox dex. It could just means some sort of USUM nonsense of being a parallel reality with very little actual changes and Paradox pokemon from different regions thrown into the plot.

But what I wouldn't give to have Rainbow Rocket make a return. Or anything crazy like that.

It wouldn't be required to make Paradox forms for all of them, I agree. Either way, all we know is its gonna be Unova related. Nothing more. Its Khu. The vaguest, most cryptic, convoluted leaker out there. People are lucky they even know the next game is Unova related. The whole past/future thing does work with Opelucid City though. Either way, no telling what it'll be. Probably gonna have to wait for Pokemon Day 2024.
It makes me wonder though if GameFreak has decided not to remake Johto again or if they're saving that for the 30th anniversary instead.

I'm not really expecting any remakes this gen. I believe those will be saved for Gen 10 and we're getting something else entirely in 2024.
It makes me wonder though if GameFreak has decided not to remake Johto again or if they're saving that for the 30th anniversary instead.
In 2026 I believe that we're either gonna get Gen 10 itself or the DLC for Gen 10.

If we get gen 10 in 2026 it would be the first time we had a 4 year gap between generations since the gap between gen 4 and gen 5. I don't think its impossible, but I it would really make me curious as to what 2025 would be.

We didn't get a mainline game in 2015 and instead got a new Mystery Dungeon. I'd be down to do that again.

They genuinely need to stretch it out another year. They really need to take more time to make the games cause its clear 3 years isn't gonna cut it in the 3D era of Pokemon. Waiting until 2026 also would land Gen X on the 30th anniversary.

Da! The four-year cycle was unsustainable. I say only define generations by main games, get other nintendo companies to make spin offs and smaller Plug-in/addon DLC, and go for a two main per decade aplroach starting with the 30 anniversary.

Lord knows it needs to be done before a famous member of GF karoshis.

Considering that Khu is implying that the next game continues the lore of SV I believe that it will also take place in Paldea, and probably even be either a Legends game set in Paldea's past or a full blown SV sequel.

Considering that Khu is implying that the next game continues the lore of SV I believe that it will also take place in Paldea, and probably even be either a Legends game set in Paldea's past or a full blown SV sequel.
No, it is a " Paradox Unova" game. Likely set in the future, possibly some sort of post-apocalyptic scenario for the region.

They genuinely need to stretch it out another year. They really need to take more time to make the games cause its clear 3 years isn't gonna cut it in the 3D era of Pokemon. Waiting until 2026 also would land Gen X on the 30th anniversary.

(what i'm going to post isn't meant to be taken as shade or being snippy towards anyone in particular in this thread, but rather a general statement)

so, there's two wildly conflicting trains of thought i've noticed: "game freak needs to take more time with their games" and "when is game freak coming out with (game i want here)". like, the very conversation about paradox unova and/or whatever possible remakes that are coming, despite not even being announced in any fashion yet, is evidence enough that we tend to hype ourselves up over the next (hypothetical) game in a continuous cycle. part of me really wonders how much of the responsibility is on the fans for excitedly always wanting The Next Big Pokemon Game, therefore lending fuel to the whole "yearly release" thing.

this may or may not be a hot take, i'm not sure. but it sure is interesting to observe.

No, it is a " Paradox Unova" game. Likely set in the future, possibly some sort of post-apocalyptic scenario for the region.
I'm not thinking that we'll be seeing any past region until the year 2027. Having it next year would be too soon after BDSP, which would only be three years old at that point. HGSS and ORAS were released five years after their previous remakes, while the gap between ORAS and BDSP was 7 years. I'm expecting something completely different for next year that will also take place in Paldea.

Centro Leaks claims that the watermelon Koffing rumor is likely fake. On the one hand, I thought the concept was actually kind of dumb even by Pokemon standards. On the other hand, I'm annoyed because this means the supposed Crawdaunt evolution probably isn't real either. Though it does increase the odds of the Chimecho evolution from that other rumour being real, I guess?

Back
Top Bottom