• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Swarm Grief

Keegman

Whhhyyyyyyyyyy?
Reaction score
Le sigh.

Today is my third day having a swarm of Mawile (not in a row), and I'm tired of it, and them, because Mawile are stupid.

Yesterday I had a swarm of Clamperl, caught 10, and not one had either of the DeepSea-items.

I have yet to catch a Snubbull or Qwilfish.

You guys (or ladies. Or he-ladies. Or she-men. Or robots. But no Cylons.) have any Swarm Grief?

If you're looking for hold items, get a Pokemon with Compoundeyes. Compoundeyes increases the chance of hold items appearing on Wild Pokemon by 50%. Four Pokemon can have this ability: Butterfree, Nincada, Venonat, and Yanma. And of those four, only Venonat can't learn Thief.

Compoundeyes on Bulbapedia

Bring a pokemon with compuondeyes as first in your party, then on the first turn switch to a pokemon with frisk and trick. If the pokemon with frisk found the item you want on the wild pokemon, use trick to take it.

Bring a pokemon with compuondeyes as first in your party, then on the first turn switch to a pokemon with frisk and trick. If the pokemon with frisk found the item you want on the wild pokemon, use trick to take it.

It's easier than that if you faint your own Pokémon with Compoundeyes and put it in the first slot, then have a Pokémon with Frisk and Trick/Thief in the second. That way, the effect of Compoundeyes will attract Wild Pokémon with hold items but the Pokémon with Frisk will be the one that is sent out when the battle begins.

And if my memory doesn't betray me, wild Clamperl in the Generation IV games can't hold the DeepSea animal parts but just Big Pearls, unless Game Freak changed the held items attached to wild Pokémon in HGSS (they did it for FRLG in retrospect to RS).

Last edited:
DeepSea Tooth is help by Carvahna and Sharpedo, DeepSea Scale is help by Chincou, Lanturn and Relicanth.

The swarm I keep getting constantly though is Ditto. It's annoying. Also, I like Mawile.

Last edited:
does anyone know where exactly to dowse for the hidden deepseatooth on route 20? since there's no wild carvahna in hgss...

DeepSea Tooth is help by Carvahna and Sharpedo, DeepSea Scale is help by Chincou, Lanturn and Relicanth.

I feel dumb. But really, back to SWARMS!

The swarm I keep getting constantly though is Ditto. It's annoying. Also, I like Mawile.

You sicken me.

thanks i just found them. the tooth and scale are actually in opposite places than those listed on that page

But I love Mawile!

Nah, I have yet to get swarms. I'm trying to enjoy the game slowly.

On my Japanese SoulSilver, Qwilfish and Luvdisc swarms would plague me.

I'll trade, I love mawile and having whole swarms of them would fill me with joy. I've actually been happy with most of my swarms. The only one that's bothered me was the first one I got, it was wingul. D: Today I have buneary and I got a pretty decent one so I am happy. :3

The swarm I keep getting constantly though is Ditto. It's annoying.

Ditto is a swarm pokemon? I caught one towards the beginning of the game and had no clue.

Ditto is a swarm pokemon? I caught one towards the beginning of the game and had no clue.

I believe it's one of those swarms that just makes it more common, like the Yanma and Snubbal swarms, but that's the swarm I constantly get.

My problem isn't that I get the same swarms, but rather that I get the crappy swarms I don't want!

Give me my goddamn Ralts swarm already, game! Stop hating me. ;_;

I'm glad we had this thread. Reminded me to go check for swarms.

Today was Marill.

Damn it.

I'm glad we had this thread. Reminded me to go check for swarms.

Today was Marill.

Damn it.

I'm glad to help, and I'm glad you were let down.

Today is Whiscash for me, which just seems like a waste when I can get a Barboach whenever.

That'll teach me to ever go hunting for Swarms again.

(Today's is Luvdisc)

((Double damn it.))

I just tried for my first Swarm (or Mass Outbreak whichever you like to call it) today. The lucky Pokemon of the day ended up being Yanma, so I caught two and expect to evolve one into Yanmega sometime soon.

Luvdisc is actually a pretty good Swarm Pokemon. Get a Pokemon with Theif and go take the Heart Scales for when you need them for the move relearner.

No for me at the moment, since I have plenty, but yeah definitely, good source to have.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom