• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Swimming on Land (A mono-water RMT)

JustJeff

Love, Money, Rock n Roll
Reaction score
[div="background: url("http://i.imgur.com/KqKSKGh.png"); width: 1250px; height: 1100px;"]
Kc3FKjT.png

"A Mono-Water "Swift Swim" team that specializes a Hyper-Offensive Play-style that will leave your opponent in Deep-Depths of the Ocean! Using Rain as its most powerful tool, these monsters will shred and decimate whatever comes in its approach! Watch your course Deep-Sea Divers!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

politoed.png
1WFxkFx.png

Gamabunta (Politoed) (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Scald
- Toxic
- Perish Song

Making it Rain Politoad! Well we all know what politoed does, and thats to set-up the Rain! I use the moves Encore and Perish Song too not get set-up upon or stalled to death; and Scald and Toxic for more Status Conditions. Usually my key to win games. I always have to save him for whenever the Rain ends because my Scarf Keldeo is the only 1 that has access to change the weather. I also need him to carry the Damp Rock and be more supportive rather than offensive because there are better sweepers rather than Politoed. Especially in the Rain. Specially Defensive to at least take on 1 electric or grass attack.

1bWXRg2.png
keldeo.png
NoH9Nll.png

For The King! (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rain Dance

My back-up Rain Dance User. Now the 1st thing your thinking, Scarf and Rain Dance? This guy is crazy! Quite thee contrary! I needed to keep up offensive pressure on this team and best way to do that is w/ a fast pKmN that can deal out damage at the same time. Its base 108 Speed is quite high and w/ a Scarf, its almost guranteed to get the Rain Up or at least a last resort attack.

s87ORm9.png
azumarill.png
eDupZqq.png

BlueBunnyTM (F) Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

The bunny that everyone loves! Pretty much the standard AV set. I'm thinking of replacing it as it does loose my offensive pressure and always moving 2nd on the turn isn't really a "Swift Swim" style~ On the other hand, Azumarill does make a really great revenge killer as it can and does absorb hits. 20 Speed EV's to speed Creep other base 50's; Chansey, other Azumarill's, and maybe even the Hippo. Superpower for those Ferrothorns and Chanseys.

tHP0GCm.png
kabutops.png
HHrz4bo.png

HashSlingSlasher (Kabutops) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge

The physical attacking God of the Rain Team. Pretty much the Standard OU Rain set on Kabutops. Sword Dance over Rapid Spin because rocks really don't bother the team due to just destroying everything in its way. If its get a +2, its pretty much mostly game at that point. Nothing much to say here to be honest.

04xq1KQ.png
kingdra.png
wOpPeDT.png

The King! (Kingdra) (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

The special attacking God on this Team. Pretty much annihilates anything that's stays or switches-in to it. The drawback is that of that it is choiced-lock but pretty sure it will still make a dent even if its not very effect. There's also nothing really to say much here also. A standard set is standard; can't say anything to that~

qCE7nMO.png
relicanth.png

Eeekuuu!!! (Relicanth) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

The Wild Card on this team. Nobody expects a Choice Banded Head Smash from this Fish! Nor do they expect him to have Swift Swim! Hits neutral on Grass, Dragon, and Water type walls witch ultimately stops my team. Sleep Talk for sleep fodder and to mention that Relicanth doesn't have that god of a move-pool. Its always so fun whenever he gets a kill tho~

Substitutes
poliwrath.png

Pride (Poliwrath) (M) @ Muscle Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Low Sweep
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Swift Swim & Belly Drum! The best combination of the team! I usually replace Relicanth for him because the Rain Trio (Politoad, Kinga, & Kabutops) are staples to a Rain Team. It has the mighty Fighting type coverage and overall a really good wall-breaker. Muscle Band for that extra bit of damage. I don't recommend Life Orb due to that -%50 hp loss due to belly Drum and using a Sitrus Berry will not help w/ the sweep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replays

Rating: 1400 - Against Sandstorm. Very haxy on both sides but Rain Dancing Scarf Keldeo is MVP in this 1.
replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-160240502

Rating: 1600 - Against, I would say a really offensive Team. Shows the power of Rain Boosted STAB's and it's power.
replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-161357111

Rating: 1600 - Against Semi Stall. A bit haxy on my side but I really struggle against those grass types.
replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-160629927

Rating: 1600 - Using Politoad as a Pivot, the rest cleans up w/ the Swift Swim ability.
replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-160615619

Last Words

-Well I hope you enjoyed reading my RMT~ Feedback is always appreciated weather it's for fun or to improve the team. Its always a joy to read comments and I hope to anyone who reads this will leave one~

-I would do a threat list but there is sadly an image limit. Such limitations will ruin such art! So no threat list~

-Had to remove X/Y sprites due to Page Lag

[/div]​

Last edited:
Re: Swimming on Land! (A mono-water RMT)

Love the team! Though rain was nerfed you still managed a decent rank. That Kabutops nickame though! >:D

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom